What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The YukonKronicle

40degsouth

Looking good Yukon.
Been very busy here, almost done.
That Zam/Purps looks like it's got a nice structure for outdoors.
Made a few interesting crosses myself this year and found two keepers out of a big sift.
Pretty soon I'll be able to seperate seeds, label them, store them with some water crystals and sulphur and think about growing them until they become unviable. Then l can feed them to the chooks.
Know what l mean ??
Cheers, 40

YukonKronic

Looking good Yukon.
Been very busy here, almost done.
That Zam/Purps looks like it's got a nice structure for outdoors.
Made a few interesting crosses myself this year and found two keepers out of a big sift.
Pretty soon I'll be able to seperate seeds, label them, store them with some water crystals and sulphur and think about growing them until they become unviable. Then l can feed them to the chooks.
Know what l mean ??
Cheers, 40

Lol yea... I do. I currently have a few thousand seeds I’ll never even try to grow. I finally gave up on trying out seeds that I didn’t make on purpose.. it’s fun but I gotta keep some direction in my gardening or I might as well settle on 2 cuts and only grow them forevermore.

Zam x Purps might do really well outside in a warmer climate... I suspect she would love a trellis in a greenhouse. My only concern would be the weak stems... The Purps pheno that I used stretched a lot and produced many leads that needed lollipopping so that trait got amped up by the “kraken” pheno of Zam used in the cross. She explodes up and flops outward like a bomb going off when flowered... every time I flip her she takes over half the box just like her momma did.

In a breezy spot where stems get exercised she might be strong AND flexible enough to produce really well.

YukonKronic

Update
TripNorth F3 Guatemalan pheno day 59 stacking hard... she’s got serious weight/density building up... buds are bending over everywhere. Still reeks of flower petals and strawberry candy.

Last edited:

YukonKronic

TripNorth F3 Zam pheno day 59 looks like larger trich heads on this one. Not as good calyx/leaf or yield as Guatemalan but she smells like jungle Zam and is just... oily. Straight greeezy to the touch.

Last edited:

YukonKronic

ZamxPurps day 59

(Epic) Edit: was thinking about lollipopping and defoliation and this seems a good post to expound on it as this particular plant requires quite a lot of lollipopping and often some defoliation as well... so does Pinky I think as I grow her more often.

So. I usually train plants sideways or top them or both and then use bamboo stakes to keep canopy even and growing in a (mostly)horizontal plane... this has worked well with Sativa growth in preparation for installation of a screen when plants reach an appropriate height.

So far Pinky has responded best to topping and leaving bushy so she “shoots” upward in columnar growth rather than bushing out. Then after trimming as outlined below I let her stretch and only train branches apart with stakes until halfway or more through stretch.

About a week before flip I trim out lower budsites/nodes/branches that will end up in lower third of plant after stretch or in a scrog whatever is below screen is cut. Leave the leaves! The extra leafs serve as reserves of mobile nutrients and give the plant a little more photosynthetic energy to grow as well as produce or at least maintain roots as well as vegetation. Leaves need not be trimmed until they are obviously dying or are shading too many budsites...but that’s later on as buds are stacking hard and swelling.

The other consideration is energy. If you and the plants spend the time and effort and COST (lighting hitting dirt or floor? WHY? You paid.) to grow those leaves then why abandon that investment right as your garden efforts are entering their most important phase?

I continue to lollipop as weak shoots become apparent and open canopy more with stakes or suspension lines or light defoliation (the dinosaur leaves covering half the lower buds gotta go sometimes) and really only worry much about getting light directly onto lower buds until stacking is more than half done and swelling begins.

I need to start utilizing a second screen with my sativas and I also intend to try Pinky in a scrog with a very long veg time and maybe a second screen too.

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Pinky before cloning
And here’s Karmas Ltd edition Crumbled Lime.. it’s Citron cookies from cannardo crossed to karmas Biker Kush.
Number 1 Male biker dom
Number 2 Male Cookies dom?

Here’s 3 Female cookies dom?

And 4 Female Biker dom?
Looking at these for a cross with Malawi x Panama. Will select for strongest citrus/incense Terps from best two yielders of Malawi x Panama and cross that probably to both CL males.

YukonKronic

Still have Malawi x Panama to post as well as GT. Will do tomorrow... I gotta go spend time with the wife. PTSD is super hard on relationships and she’s a hella trooper. Deserves every good second I can give her and then some.

Thinking about GT x Biker Kush (if it gets through customs)
As well as KosherDawg x Pinky.... could do Biker x Pinky too and then cross them and try to stabilize for the next decade... might not need that long... it would just be a bunch of different Kush phenotypes after all... fuckn good ones too I bet.

Night night folks kiss your babies and hug their mommas.

YukonKronic

First three are my new GT... she looks more Thai than last one I think and she definitely thinks my soil sucks... I agree actually. I fucked up in this box at end of last run and ran short veg so I’m still paying for it.
I’m going to let cover crop grow wild and remediate the soil a bit before next run... prolly go with a strain (or two) that eats well and veg longer too next run too.

Next up is group shots

YukonKronic

Mal x Pan. I think this might be goddess influence? Sweet lemonade smell with teeny bit of incense in back.

Another that’s more Malawi dom... really nice spicy incense to it though

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Similar to last but smaller and sweeter fruitier Terps

And last is smallest but has really nice sweet lemon smell and some decent calyx/leaf ratio

YukonKronic

TripNorth F3 Guatemalan day 65... buds are super dense and still stacking. Plants are falling and folding over under unsupported buds.
Found three or four nanners but I’m trying hard not be heartbroken yet... I had some pretty cold nights and a few mistakes with light at night so as long as I don’t see an explosion of bananas in the next week or ten days I’ll give her another run to see for sure how she does... still kinda wondering if she’s already proven too sensitive to use for breeding. Just sucks because the calyx/leaf ratio and smell alone are second to none I’ve grown so far.

Also here’s ZamxPurps at 65 days... no nanners so far and on track for a nice 9.5-10 week finish. Frosty as a Klondike sled dogs gonads.

And here’s Night Nurse from BCBD.. I cut lowers and left the top to finish. These seeds kinda sucked. Four females and three males all different phenotypes.. I found an okay male and dusted 3 females I thought worth flowering.

One of them I culled at 6 weeks and composted.. of the other two above pictured is only good one. The other was leafy and small loose buds... crystally and tasted good but muddy unpleasant (not even very relaxing) effect. Haven’t tried this one yet but it looks decent and smells match the male I used for seed so we’re gonna see how good (or not) the F2 batch is.... I predict about eleventeen phenotypes.

Those guys oughta take some lessons from ACE.

YukonKronic

And I have Auto Zamaldelica on the way! I’m currently converting a shed into a greenhouse and installing a wood stove and soil beds to accommodate my 10 plants I’m allowed :woohoo:
Cut some trees down today to open up some more sunshine... I hate operating a chainsaw now that I have anxiety stuff going on!
It’s funny because I really love werking and gettin er done but its like being fifteen again expecting to get whipped in the face by the chain every second... oh well small battles hard won are still victories:biggrin:
And will eventually win a war...
I’m debating starting an Auto Zamaldelica thread with the greenhouse build and seed start and everything... might turn out epic or I might fail but I bet others growing it would post up and save the thread at least.

YukonKronic

So I was chilling with the garden t’other day and saw a big honkin (round here anyways...) beetle racing thru the mulch.. there’s more in there too just smaller. It looks predatory to me but I don’t know for sure.. anybody know what this beastie is?

YukonKronic

More than 2200 views! Thanks for all the interest folks:biggrin:
More coming soon... looks like TripNorth is pushing a reflower before finishing... sucks causes some are nanners.
I’ll try the Guatemalan dom for another run on lighter feed before I give up on her. Might be popping another bunch of seeds to look for same pheno with no hermaphroditism.

I cut a tip that had two clusters of herms at 9 weeks or so... it was probably a good ten grams. It’s all gone. Really good clean energetic happy weed.... the trippy effect of Zam is there but even cut early there is very little anxiety or rolling waves of high and not so high... just steady happy Weird good vibes. The calyx/leaf ratio is outstanding. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen buds so stacked up and almost no leaf to speak of... really has me blown away.
Lol it reeks of strawberry and mango when you grind it so much it’s mouth watering. Good sweet flavour that’s still not very refined with the early cut and fast dry... leaves a sour tang in the mouth that just won’t quit.. had me halfway into third joint before I realized what a biiiiig mistake that was... tripped out the rest of the day!

Really hopeful I can sort out hermaphroditism trait but I know it might be just a bigger job than I have space for too... Dubi did a buncha work on that exact problem and I undid it all in two generations!
I’m glad I found the male Zam13 BX that I know is very stable. If I can find a good stable female example of that strawberry pheno with same high then I’m probably in much better shape going forward.

Curious as to Dubis thoughts on wether I oughta hold a few bananas against that girl considering her hot food fuckt up lighting in last two weeks (night time light contamination AND power problems that had lights off three days) and also.... fluctuations in temperature.

All those considered she IS only pitching like three bananas per entire plant... if it doesn’t get worse maybe I give her a chance?

You can tell I’m trying hard to convince myself. Tell me I’m wrong if I am. :tiphat:

SolarLogos

So I was chilling with the garden t’other day and saw a big honkin (round here anyways...) beetle racing thru the mulch.. there’s more in there too just smaller. It looks predatory to me but I don’t know for sure.. anybody know what this beastie is?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79988&pictureid=1943979View Image
View Image
It looks like a ground beetle in the bombardier family which is beneficial as they eat other bad insects. However, it looks like you have the Zabrus, with is in the ground beetle genus, however they are both omnivores and herbivores. I have only found that their vegetative diet is mostly grain and cereals. Maybe that can help lead you in the right direction. Most ground beetles eat caterpillars and grubs, especially moth grubs or the C-shaped white grubs.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

It looks like a ground beetle in the bombardier family which is beneficial as they eat other bad insects. However, it looks like you have the Zabrus, with is in the ground beetle genus, however they are both omnivores and herbivores. I have only found that their vegetative diet is mostly grain and cereals. Maybe that can help lead you in the right direction. Most ground beetles eat caterpillars and grubs, especially moth grubs or the C-shaped white grubs.
Peace, God bless

Thanks Sol! Makes good sense... I use bokashi grain and also just buried handfuls of Brome seed when I planted it as cover. Besides that there are always a few fungus gnats around and recently some moths that have since disappeared... lots of food for a big ol bombardier beetle.... besides (Canadian joke coming...) everyone knows even if they cannot feed themselves Bombardier is just too big to fail.:biggrin:

The powers that be will always throw them some more grain.

YukonKronic

Buncha Malawi x Panama... I’m annoyed at over feeding again. I keep chasing the idea that a bit of fade at five or six weeks is bad... starting to see that it never seems to progress beyond slightly paler leaves and a few older ones getting “used up” to feed stacking.
Oh well... next run will have more roots and canopy to burn through extra food in soil and I’ll stick to water only after 5 weeks..