What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

Zitz

better vague than some made up mythical origin story involving an historical figure from the 14th century. Marco Polo definitely smoked this strain.

but yeah, I really like how ACE et Co. handle their business. much respect

I still want to know if Haile Selassie smoked Ethiopian Highland and considered it the finest in the world! :)

]"Grassman shared different batches of the lebanese seeds between a few spanish growers"

....and one french grower ,me ,lol

i received something around 25 seeds at the same time with you dubi ;)

and did my p2 to preserve the strain .

like you on this 25 seeds 75 % were hermies .well ,a different kind of hermies . 75 % of the plants were males during the first 2 nodes to show sex ,and after they became females (until the end of flowering),except 10% that are real males .real females from start were rare.

i did my p2 with 2 real males and maybe 4 females .

and still got those seeds .

during the last 8 years i did a lot of crosses with one male .

one was madagascar x lebananese .improved a lot flowering time ,the hermie trait was dominant in the cross .no trace of indica in it .

still have 1000 seeds of p2 ,round brown medium to small size .

i've got a clone from a cross i did ,called "boulawan" i did 8 years ago .

(senegalese x ariegeoise ) x (madagascar x lebanese ) x nepal

this clone is totally different from what i ever smoked in my life ,and my opinion is that lebanese is so underated in crosses to shorten flowering and add a "new and unseen " taste

i tried the cheese exodus cut with a lebanese male too ,a lot of cheese autos as result .

i have your panama x leb too . did a fantastic cross .still totally sativa with shorter flowering .not much hermies .

seeds pics from 05/03/2018 ;) its the lebanese p2

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Thank you all for for your posts. It's helping me get through the final throws of winter. I'm sitting in 2 to 3' snowbanks waiting for the loader to clean location so we can work. I will return the favor with many posts of my Lebanese this summer. Happy growing. Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
I am curious about the Lebanese stretch. Dubi described it as a "pure sativa of medium size". I was tempted to start my beans and bush out the plants, but I don't want to run into a situation where these things 10x their height post flip. Anyone have any idea about the Lebanese stretch?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Can’t wait to see your grow!

I’m going to take my chances on the Leb indoors once I have a little more room to get them going. Veg under 20/4 and see what I can do. :tiphat:

Hi Kaskadian,

As stated in the official description of the strain, the pure lebanese we have just released is still a mainly outdoor line, she loves sun, wind, hot, a dry environment and progressive decreasing photoperiod for the flowering.

And although it can be grown indoors without much trouble, the line has not been fully adapted to indoor growing yet in its current P3 generation. She doesn't like much small indoors tents with stable photoperiods and artificial lamps and if you force her too much with modern flowering stimulators she can easily produce some bananas in late flowering.

That's why we recommend her mainly for outdoor growing in hot and dry climates.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good stuff. I notice in the pictures the flowers are made up of mini 'foxtails' not one solid 'bud'. I've noticed that in many landrace and Middle Eastern strains. It's a cool feature. Even though I consider Lebanese 'hashplants' I don't consider them Indicas because of this tendency. And because they're used to make hash. Leaves can be quite narrow.
In some ways the foxtails are more efficient for making hashish then thick buds. Because the entire surface of the foxtail is exposed. They break down faster so you don't want to thrash as hard as you can with an Afghan. I'm curious about info on hash making with this Lebanese. Micron size of the resin glands, are they sticky or dry, etc.
There's a good thread in the Landrace section about Lebanese with lots of great info. Recent pictures and comments, especially good stuff about Real Seed Company's Lebanese. I think it's very similar. Lebanese strains seem to have high to medium CBD and low to medium THC.
If you want to get super zonked you'd have to make a concentrate, hashish or whatever. Otherwise smoking a joint of bud will be a fairly light stone compared to the modern hybrids. This is a plus if you're a CBD user you can toke all day and still function with the benefits of the high CBD content.
These photo sensitive strains are a bit tricky. If they get root bound or stressed they can start flowering. If you're at a high latitude and start in March or early April they can start flowering in early to mid May. By the time they snap out of it they start flowering again because it's July.
I'd start in late March. They don't need a lot of nutrients, we've all seen pictures of them growing in the desert with no water or fertilizer. I've seen these kind of plants have a 'slow and steady' growth rate. If you're using a container you can choose a size appropriate for the size of the plant. Considering the plant won't get very big or bushy I wouldn't go much higher then 5 gallons. I've had success with 3 gallon pots with some liquid feeding.
Of course I haven't grown this particular strain but I'm confident my advice is good because I've grown other middle eastern hashplants..

Hi therevverend,

I really appreciate your post :) You are right in everything you have said about this lebanese and similar strains from this part of the world. They are indeed sativas and not indicas, there's a huge misunderstanding about all the hashplant being pure indicas, when for example most north indian, nepalese, lebanese and old moroccan hashplant strains are sativas.

And as we described in the official description of this lebanese release, it has semi autoflowering tendencies, especially when she feels rootbounded or when it is planted outdoors too early in latitudes with short spring days. She doesn't need much nutrients compared with modern indoor strains.

Yes, her flowering structure is quite airy and foxtailed. I think this is due to the weather in its native place is usually very dry and the strain doesn't handle very well humid conditions so her foxtailed well aerated flowering structure helps her to avoid molds in flowering.

We have recently produced some home made hash from our lebanese plants from last outdoor season, and it's a lovely smoke that reminds me the taste, feeling and effects of the old moroccan blonde hashes from my youth. The effect is mild but very pleasant, with relaxing, narcotic and ansyolitic properties due to its high CBD content.

A real classic that every hash lovers and landrace lovers must experience to understand better the strains from this part of the world and how were the hashes before the modern indoor strains and ice o lator hash making spread massively around the (mainly western) world.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've found the same characteristics in middle eastern strains, a unique genepool for sure.
Not firmly sativa or indica, foxtails, Cbd pheno's etc...
Sometimes super nice smells and resin production...The minus side, flavor doesn't usually translate to taste, potency is usually average.

Hi Zitz,

You are right. You won't find overpowering trippy landrace strains from the Middle East because their THC content is low/moderate and its moderate/high CBD content blocks a big part of the most psychoactive THC properties.

If you want higher potency you will need to hybridize them and then select for high THC/low CBD chemotypes.

Thanks to Dubi for explaining the lineage of his lines in detail, I'm quite fed up of the various seed co's with their vague descriptions.

You are welcome :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi lagoutche,

I'm so glad you also received and worked with the same batch of lebanese genetics :) Your experience sounds very similar to ours.
To use only sexually firm parental plants from P1 generation (thanks Ras Pablo friend for the excellent job in the P1 generation :yes:) and to grow a big population of the P2 generation was the hey to find good quality plants with lesser or none hermie tendencies to be able to finally produce current released P3 generation.

That's a huge amount of first hand experience working with your own lebanese hybrids, respect friend! Please, feel free to post about them so we all can learn more about how this lebanes works in hybrids, we have just started to produce our first lebanese hybrids like Lebanese x ErdPurt.

Tons of love back to you :huggg:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am curious about the Lebanese stretch. Dubi described it as a "pure sativa of medium size". I was tempted to start my beans and bush out the plants, but I don't want to run into a situation where these things 10x their height post flip. Anyone have any idea about the Lebanese stretch?

Hi Kaskadian,

They can stretch but not so much like the tropical sativas you are currently growing ;)

Lebanese stretching depends on the concrete plant, varying from 25 % slight stretching up to double their size in the taller plants.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

They can stretch but not so much like the tropical sativas you are currently growing ;)

Lebanese stretching depends on the concrete plant, varying from 25 % slight stretching up to double their size in the taller plants.

Thanks Dubi! I'm wondering how the Lebanese would work in a scrog setup. I have to do some planning. :)

LogRhythmic

I'd like to a mother for each of the three phenotypes. How many seeds should I sprout? What is the smallest container I can grow outdoor and still get a good idea of the growth characteristics and yield of each plant? Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Flowering time 9-11 weeks is pretty long from what i've noticed while growing Lebanese.Normally in the range of 6-9 weeks what i've seen.
At 50 N Lebanese starts to flower at the beginning of September.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi! I'm wondering how the Lebanese would work in a scrog setup. I have to do some planning. :)

Hi Kaskadian,

I think the lebanese does great in SCROG, both indoor and outdoors. Last outdoor season we prune them, bend them down and they worked great.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'd like to a mother for each of the three phenotypes. How many seeds should I sprout? What is the smallest container I can grow outdoor and still get a good idea of the growth characteristics and yield of each plant? Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this question.

Hi LogRhythmic,

I wish i could give you a scientific accurate reply to your first question but unfortunately we haven't had the chance to grow super big populations of the strain and analyze all the plants to make an statistic study about the frequency of the different chemotypes found in the strain.

We focused our attention in the more sexually firm P2 females and with best flower qualities, and despite we only analized these few parental plants for cannabinoid content and ratios we easily found the different CBD/THC ratios/chemotypes typically found in CBD rich strains (1:1, 2:1, 16:1, 30:1).

Outdoors i would recommend to grow the lebanese in pots of at least 30 liters to be able to appreciate properly their structure and yield potential.... otherwise they would grow clone like, but guess this applicable to all the strains.

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Flowering time 9-11 weeks is pretty long from what i've noticed while growing Lebanese.Normally in the range of 6-9 weeks what i've seen.
At 50 N Lebanese starts to flower at the beginning of September.

Hi mexcurandero420,

The flowering time stated in the official description of this lebanese release is correct, at least for the dozens of P2 and P3 females we have grown indoors and outdoors.

Maybe you are growing another lebanese line, or a lebanese adapted to northern climates like danish leb27. If your lebanese starts to flower so late at your latitude maybe the cold force them to finish earlier, hence the shorter flowering times you have experienced, but as i commented previously, different lines in different growing conditions will react differently.