What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I have the rare Thai leaning zamaldelica?

G

growhigh1233

Hi Folks! Nice looking plants there! Zamaldelica is top of my list right now. I cannot wait for the summer! I grew one a couple years back. Tall and strong. Had to bend and break it back in a short ghreenhouse but she harvested great. I am at 45 degrees N but greenhouse is hot and not much of a cool breeze...

I think it was african. Are they thicker in stalk? Thais are more spindly and have airy buds?

I love to her about the variation in the seeds. You just made me decide to plant twice as many. Do they clone well?

i to love the variety in these seeds,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and yeah the thicker stems and bigger buds are the more african leaning phenos i got 2 very African phenos very thick stems, 2 that seem 50/50, the very very tall thai pheno in the picture with floppy stems, and 1 that seems very unique with thai like buds but shorter and strange leaf shape ........ and....i have a very stable zamaldelica male

i got 2 that were lady boys half pistol half pollen sack i killed those

iv read some posts from members saying they prefer the african phenos ... so im keeping an open mind until i smoke test them all :woohoo:

Last edited:

xinox

You are right to hunt this zamal / thai pĥeno. I didn't kept mine and it was the biggest regret in my life :biggrin:

This pheno was long to mature (cut it in 17 week but it was too early, 18 week would have been better), inter-node were very long, big and dark very thin leaf.

Also the bug structure and apparence were more "normal" compare to most zamaldelica that can go crazy, especially the africain pheno. Also this plant was some kind of creeper, with very elastic stem (can make a node with them... truly). Finally the aroma have the same base as all Zamaledlica (carot), but more floral. African pheno have in the other hand a more bitter smell.

The high was very powerfull, psychedlic, but surprisingly clear, with a very good mood. My favorite Sativa high so far. That's also why i don't like african Sativa, the high could be to disturbing and heart racing compare to this wonderful thai pheno.

In fact my dream sativa plant would be this long flowering zamal / thai pheno cross with some haze hybrid, like the panama / haze.

Regards

kickarse

getting there
picture.php

earthwyrms

You are right to hunt this zamal / thai pĥeno. I didn't kept mine and it was the biggest regret in my life :biggrin:

This pheno was long to mature (cut it in 17 week but it was too early, 18 week would have been better), inter-node were very long, big and dark very thin leaf.

Also the bug structure and apparence were more "normal" compare to most zamaldelica that can go crazy, especially the africain pheno. Also this plant was some kind of creeper, with very elastic stem (can make a node with them... truly). Finally the aroma have the same base as all Zamaledlica (carot), but more floral. African pheno have in the other hand a more bitter smell.

The high was very powerfull, psychedlic, but surprisingly clear, with a very good mood. My favorite Sativa high so far. That's also why i don't like african Sativa, the high could be to disturbing and heart racing compare to this wonderful thai pheno.

In fact my dream sativa plant would be this long flowering zamal / thai pheno cross with some haze hybrid, like the panama / haze.

Regards

Hey, I didn't get to experience zamaldelica, because it was a seed run and I was completely new. So I lost track of the leaf/calyx (amongst the other strains in the stash) and it wasn't cured nice,

BUT, I think I read that the feminized version has some traits like the Thai or something good, I forgot, while the regular one isn't stabilized on a specific trait or something. I don't know, but if you run that with the feminized Panama Haze and try to use reversed pollen on eachother, maybe you'll get what you're looking for :).

You could also get it with a Thai, like ""back" cross" it with a double Thai or snowhigh golden dragon (two other Thais) and green Haze. I'm no expert, but I assume that it would all be great, just possibly really long in flower but at eighteen weeks, it's already there anyway.

I think the fem zamaldelica is more Thai leaning, I'm not sure though

Maybe you could let them go Soma style or spray them in full flower with silver solution and tie them together lightly but well enough, so the colas snuggle the calyxes intermeshing highly with each other and have bannanas emerge straight on intermeshed pistils, so it's less of a selling possibly at the contact points, maybe, idk

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i think iv found my self one...............what you guys think, is it 'that' pheno ?..............tallest plant with very floppy stems and lovely sweet smell shes on day 42
View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

Hi growhigh1233,

Nice find ;) it's without any doubt a very reddish thai pheno, as much thai as you can get from Zamaldelica regular lines, the effect should very caffeinic and thought provoking, totally mental. Be careful with her :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Folks! Nice looking plants there! Zamaldelica is top of my list right now. I cannot wait for the summer! I grew one a couple years back. Tall and strong. Had to bend and break it back in a short ghreenhouse but she harvested great. I am at 45 degrees N but greenhouse is hot and not much of a cool breeze...

I think it was african. Are they thicker in stalk? Thais are more spindly and have airy buds?

I love to her about the variation in the seeds. You just made me decide to plant twice as many. Do they clone well?

Hi Dr. Grinspoon :)

Glad you enjoyed previously with your Zamaldelica grow and that you want to explore deeper the line, current Zamaldelica regular lines are quite open pollinated and can produce almost any pheno and combinations of them, so try to grow as many plants as you can to maximize the chance to find what you are looking for.

The very Zamal and Thai phenos have usually thinner stems, the strongly dominant thai phenos usually have reddish colors, the thicker stems are usually related to stronger Malawi influence.

Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Regards

Hi xinox,

Glad you enjoyed so much with the powerful, clear, mood enhancing yet psychedelic effects of your previous Zamaldelica and that you rate her as your favourite sativa smoke :huggg: hopefully you can find something similar in the future and keep clones.

Thanks for the positive feedback! :ying:

Dr. Grinspoon

High dubi,

Nice to hear from you :)

I bought the fem versions. I think the seed company was out of stock of the regulars at the moment?

What can I expect from the female versions?

:)

Burt

Veteran
What a positivity filled thread!
Must be all the kick arse sativa being smoked up in hur

G

growhigh1233

Hi growhigh1233,

Nice find ;) it's without any doubt a very reddish thai pheno, as much thai as you can get from Zamaldelica regular lines, the effect should very caffeinic and thought provoking, totally mental. Be careful with her :D

you got me worried and nervous now :biggrin:..............just joking, i cant wait to smoke her :woohoo:...........i also have a short pheno with fat buds,which has the most beautiful smell of mango really sweet ....looking forward to that also

been one of most enjoyable grows this zamdelica, every pheno has its own character

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are enjoying with every different Zamaldelica pheno ;)

The Zamaldelica's mango smelling phenos provide a much more uplifting, well focused, mood enhancer feeling compared with the more nervous zamal/thai electric phenos.

I am currently flowering two different zamal from a regular F1 pack. What pheno are these? The pics were taken at day 70 for the older looking one, and 62 for the other.

Attachments

• 20180604_065232.jpg
    20180604_065232.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180604_065206.jpg
    20180604_065206.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180604_065139.jpg
    20180604_065139.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180604_065129.jpg
    20180604_065129.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 19

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High dubi,

Nice to hear from you :)

I bought the fem versions. I think the seed company was out of stock of the regulars at the moment?

What can I expect from the female versions?

:)

Hi Dr. Grinspoon,

Zamaldelica fem version is much more consistent than the regular version, producing one main high yielding, very resinous and quite early flowering pheno for a pure sativa that leans towards our Zamaldelica elite mother of mango carrot candy terpenes and very uplifting yet strong and psychedelic effects.

Take a look at Zamaldelica thread to learn from other growers what to expect from Zamaldelica fem version. There you will find many good examples of how our Zamaldelica fem version works for many different growers.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am currently flowering two different zamal from a regular F1 pack. What pheno are these? The pics were taken at day 70 for the older looking one, and 62 for the other.

Hi Sativamane,

If i'm not wrong first 2 pics is a more dominant Thai pheno, while the 3rd and 4th pic show a more Malawi pheno. Guess both are already harvested, and hopefully you are already start to enjoy them too. ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi more zam pheno on fem or regular pack?

Hi grower1234,

In both versions, wilder untamed zamal phenos in the regular version, more tamed, consistent and early flowering Zamaldelica elite phenos in the feminized version.