What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KaliChina and more...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great Mayan!! :biggrin:

As we commented privately, i tested at Canna some Kali China sinsemilla flowers from the new parental plants, and they were around the 15 % of THC i was initially expecting ...
but these samples were not grown to their full potential so an increase of 20-30 % of cannabinoid content can be achieved. I'm glad your Kali China did it, props to the grower! :tiphat:

I already expected over 20 % THC ratios and very little CBD presence in the new Malawi and Panama F1s.

The results of the analysis of these different strains are similar for the main cannabinoids, guess it's a typical THC rich cannabinoid profile.
It's the synergy between the cannabinoids and terpenes (and maybe other things we are missing in this kind of analysis) what makes each strain different, with its own effect, potency and feeling.

Thank you very much for taking the time and resources to grow the new hybrids to their full potential and for sharing the analysis results. :huggg:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Angolan x Pan Elite

Angolan x Pan Elite

Well, hi there, you all! All good things must come to an end and so it came to pass that the Angolan x Pan Elite has been harvested at about day 80. What a beautiful plant! Just getting done with the cure - when I get to know her a bit better I'll try to write up a smoke report...the few samples I have had were magnificent but it has been awhile and I -um- don't remember the particulars. So here's a few pics of her at harvest and after drying. As you can see, she wanted to flower so bad, she developed buds on the interstices of some of her leaves. Yeah, baby!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AngxPan_wholeB.jpg
    AngxPan_wholeB.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Nigeriana
    Nigeriana
    84.3 KB · Views: 32
  • half_way.jpg
    half_way.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 24
  • leaf.jpg
    leaf.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 21
  • AngxPan_budB.jpg
    AngxPan_budB.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 22
  • harvest_bud_G.jpg
    harvest_bud_G.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 26
  • harvest_bud_B.jpg
    harvest_bud_B.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 21
  • bud_d.jpg
    bud_d.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 20
  • bud_b.jpg
    bud_b.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 32
  • kola_B.jpg
    kola_B.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 22

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
KaliChina x Panama Fem - Harvest

KaliChina x Panama Fem - Harvest

So...this plant was taken at just about 70 days. Just putting her in jars for the cure but -wow- she is p-o-t-e-n-t. The effects almost equal edibles for profundity of alteration. OTOH, she was a bit more leafy than her other cousins (described herein) but she was just plastered with trichs and -boy- do they kick ass. Nice cannabinoid combination...there's a sativic height and an indicoid relaxation. With a punch! Enjoy! Salud!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• KChP_wholee.jpg
    KChP_wholee.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 27
  • KChP_wholeB.jpg
    KChP_wholeB.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 23
  • KChP_branch.jpg
    KChP_branch.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 30
  • kola.jpg
    kola.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 29
  • bud_B.jpg
    bud_B.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 25
  • BudC.jpg
    BudC.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Bud.jpg
    Bud.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 24
  • bud_A.jpg
    bud_A.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 22

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Holy smokes! The KC x Pan looks like it would be a good contender for a good cold wash in the bubble bags. I can only imagine the potency of the hash...

Magnificent plants bro..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing job with all of them mayan :)

I think the Malawi/Panama, Panama/Malawi and Angolese/Panama F1s are the ones that are performing better so far: more consistently, with stronger potencies and higher yields.

Panama is quite dominant in aromas in these crosses, which is nice because i love the lemony incensey aromas of the Panama F10 elite. The Angolese x Panama also shows the typical small resinous and curved Panama leaves in the flowers, but with the classic long thin pistils from the angolese mother.

The Kali China x Panama also performed well and fast ... Kali China traits are more evident in the structure, flowering time and flower structure of the hybrid. If you have the chance to grow a few more plants of this cross, i'm sure you will find specimens with better flower/leaf ratio ... the exact genetics of this cross are Kali China mother 6 (F3) x Panama elite F10, now after the new KC selections i would like to try different parental plant combinations for the hybrid and most probably i will produce a Panama elite F10 x Kali China 21 (F4) cross in a few months when the new Kali China reproduction is planned.

Looks like your jars will be full of great medicine for this summer :)
Enjoy!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Future

The Future

Well, hi there! Here they are...the Future - if the good lord's willin' and the creek don't rise.

This here is a KaliChina x Pan Fem - Line 22

attachment.php

She's short and squat so far - growing more outward than up - at least for the time being - seems to be Indica leaning and started kicking out side branches really early on...She was sown on July 4 and popped within two or three days. I wish I could grow in a controlled environment -but I don't and the conditions in the veg box are -um- warm. But...we persevere and she's looking just fine.

And this is Panama x Malawi Fem...

attachment.php

And these two little surprise packages are HashPlant x Bubba Kush and Malawi x PCK...

attachment.php

Let's just see where all this leads, eh? I am truly grateful for such a bounty and it is my profound desire to devote much of this to some people I know who are truly dire health straits.

B

Baron Greenback

Nice start Mayan and a lovely reason to grow. Hopefully you'll have a monster yield to help those people out.
You've definitely got some nice strains to do that with :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Brother mayan..

For some reason I'm not seeing the newest pics you've posted.. Tried refreshing the page to no avail.. All your other pics are showing fine. Anyone else having a problem seeing them?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yes mayan, i don't know why but I cannot see the pictures of your last post,
please edit or re post them so we can appreciate again your ongoing love ....

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Shapes of Things...

Shapes of Things...

Hey all...
Just some quick shots of the junior varsity. Here's a Hash Plant x Bubba Kush.

attachment.php

Here's a Mal x PCK...As you can see, the lateral branching is kinda non-existent. Since taking the photograph, I have LST'd the meristem. Let's see what happens!

attachment.php

Both plants are doing well and are coming right along in Veg. They have a ways to go before the big-time.

Here's a KaliCh_Line 22. Beautiful structure! Just placed her in 12/12 but I think this photo was taken right before that happened.

attachment.php

And -finally - here's a Pan x Mal Fem...also placed into 12/12 at the same time as the Kali China. Here she is after a couple of days of LST. Gotta love that bondage!!

attachment.php

In the meantime, I got a Zamal Hash that's gonna hit 60 days of 12/12 soon but you'll have to wait for the pictures as its too damn hard (and hot) to move it around.

Salud!!!!

Attachments

• HP x BK.jpg
    HP x BK.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 24
  • KalCh_22.jpg
    KalCh_22.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 24
  • KalCh_22_a.jpg
    KalCh_22_a.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 22
  • mal x pck.jpg
    mal x pck.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Pan x Mal Fem1.jpg
    Pan x Mal Fem1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 22

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Kali China_Line 22 - The Turning of the Wheel

Kali China_Line 22 - The Turning of the Wheel

Hello! Hello!

Well, it all keeps changing, don't it now? As it stands, I've had this in flower for about 20 days. My little baby is getting all grown up. Once she kicked into bud gear, about a week ago (I guess), she just stomped on the pedal and hasn't looked back. I might add that she stretched much more than the last Kali China I grew. I can't quite get it - coz it's so very subtle - but there's an interesting pink hue to the pistils.

attachment.php

attachment.php

She was just transplanted to the 5 gallon today. I hope she enjoys moving into more luxurious digs.

Attachments

• m&m high
    m&m high
    51 KB · Views: 39
  • KaliChina - Line 22a.jpg
    KaliChina - Line 22a.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 28
  • KaliChina - Line 22whole.jpg
    KaliChina - Line 22whole.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 24
  • KaliChina - Line 22wholeA.jpg
    KaliChina - Line 22wholeA.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 24

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Pan x Mal Fem - I Can't Stop Loving You...

Pan x Mal Fem - I Can't Stop Loving You...

attachment.php

Yeehaw! Well, she's a wild ride and beginning to stretch and branch and branch and stretch but I would ride her anywhere. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I did not get too many pics of her. But soon, come...She was planted into a 5 gallon Smart Pot today...she has been under flower for about 20 days and she's just beginning to kick into gear. Wild and messy but given the chance to grow out two of my absolute top o' the line strains crossed with each other is just to much to pass-up. Onwards!!!

Attachments

• Pan x Mal2.jpg
    Pan x Mal2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Pan x Mal1.jpg
    Pan x Mal1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 23

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
...and the newcomers...

...and the newcomers...

This Mal x PCK was just put into flower today (taking the place of a Zamal Hash that came down today_Very little lateral branching and she did NOT like the idea of low-stress training one bit...just thumbed her nose and kept pushing out the meristem. I like a plant with independence to spirit!

attachment.php

And this is a Hash Plant x Bubba Kush - and I'm VERY much liking her form. I thought I would let her veg out for another few days or so. I'm very intrigued by my stroll into the Indica side of life.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mal x PCK.jpg
    Mal x PCK.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Mal x PCKa.jpg
    Mal x PCKa.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 23
  • HPxBK1.jpg
    HPxBK1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 29
B

Baron Greenback

Thanks for the update Mayan. Always a pleasure to see Ace's gear in capable hands. You'll love the Malawi/PCK - lethal, moreish, everything you want in weed really.
I'm also interested in your Bubba Kush; as you say, tiny steps into the indica world. I've gone down the Back to the Congo route and they have that deep green going on too.
Happy growing again :)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Yeah...that Congo thang definitely has my interest, as well (of course). Unfortunately, my strain sluthood is so much yo-way-larger than my yo-way-too-restricted space. Some day!!

jay sus

that panama x malawi, is it your own or ace´s cross? it can not be anything but pure joy. and zamal hash is superb, like last time you did that. actually made me order it, sweet