What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Herbert Chickybaby

Lovely @Herbert Chickybaby happy to see your Kali China ripening this time so well and trouble free during the dry season :yes: Really solid big buds on your new Kali China girl. I would say she will be ready in 2 weeks, although if you share a closer pic of the flowers i will be able to evaluate it better.

If you are going to grow indica genetics or strains with dense flower structures better do it during this period of the year (dry season).
That's good to hear Dubi, thank you so much for chiming in, it is always so helpful and inspiring to hear from you, and I'm glad you've come around on the possibility of Indica genetics in Thailand outdoor grows, and yes absolutely it doesn't work in rainy season even if you keep the rain off, the humidity is enough to ruin almost everything. But, yes, I'm thinking it is very possible, so much so that I even tried to germinate two Pakistani hashplant seeds for this dry season, but they did not germinate. They were free bonus seeds from Mandala so I did not mind really.

But I did see that very thick buds did just fine in dry season last year here but just with very hardy Fast Buds auto flowers and all that those rudralis toughness genetics add. Now I've got one more coming that has a thick bud structure, the ACE Zenith that I germinated two weeks ago, its already out in the garden doing well but I actually got a half ounce of good material out of the Zenith that I grew in rainy season, she was kicking ass until the last week of her life and started getting very messed up very quickly so I cut her down a bit soon to try and save something to smoke. Only a small jar of Zenith, but which has cured for over two months now, so I need to give her a try next time I wanna get stoned.

Herbert Chickybaby

@dubi or anyone else who wants chime (ding dong!) in. Hopefully you can zoom in on this on here and get a better lookat these trichomes. These are the tips of two different branches.

Golly, kinda looks all finished, or just before some golden trichomes set in on one of them, though on the other one there's definitely a good amount of gold. I'm kind of surprised, I thought the buds were still filling in gaps. Or I suppose they could be doing that too and also be ready as they seem to be.
IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0657.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry for the delay in the reply @Herbert Chickybaby in a perfect world i would leave 7-10 days more since the pics were taken, but in your climate and and with so many pests around better harvest a bit early. Did she finish well ?

Herbert Chickybaby

Sorry for the delay in the reply @Herbert Chickybaby in a perfect world i would leave 7-10 days more since the pics were taken, but in your climate and and with so many pests around better harvest a bit early. Did she finish well ?
Yes Dubi it finished well, and I also apologize for putting this in the wrong thread, its a Zamaldelica-Kali China, not just Kali-China. I waited 14 days after those pictures were taken because after 7 days she threw a lot of new pistils though which quickly turned brown. A bit of powdery mildew started at 14 days so i thought that is enough and I harvested her. Smell is still very strong in the curing jars today when I checked, sweet dried candied orange and lemon peel, perfume are the strongest smells. I cannot wait to try this one. My Lao sativas are really going off now I also have a beautiful Zenith in pre-flower. You can see pics of my Lao landrace in the Information About The Real Seed Company thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/info-on-the-real-seed-company.273027/page-106. And the Bokeo thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/rscs-bokeo.17902198/page-6#post-18515812

Last edited:

Tranquilidade

Kali China x Panama (ACE RND) 2 months cure.

Sour/Lemon/Woody/Incense with a light hint of grilled meat.

The effects of this hybrid blend elements from both parent strains, leaning towards the Kali China (KC) characteristics. It possesses a subtle psychedelic quality reminiscent of KC, which I find particularly appealing. This might be due to the Panama's similar psychedelic properties, suggesting a synergy that targets specific sensations. Contrary to my initial belief, this unique trait does indeed carry over into this hybrid. Overall, it's an enjoyable hybrid that allows for both a spaced-out experience and mental clarity, depending on your preference. It's especially suitable for chilling, listening to music or dancing. I plan to cultivate this strain again in the future, I think there are better phenos to be found.

kcxp.jpg

Last edited:

jay sus

hello,

THC starts of as THCa (THC with an acid molecule)

when "decarboxylated" (157° C / 314.6° Fahrenheit upwards heat is applied), THC loses this acid molecule.

thus 4% THC + 20.2% THCa = potentially "24.2% THC" (no acid) (VERY potent cannabis)

(decarboxylation occurs naturally, when drying / curing (this accounts for the 4% THC in the test results i am guessing (if not influenced by the test process)).

(all cured / dried bud will yield THC as far as i am aware, although decarboxylated cannabis should not be yielding THCa)

(if you think of the process of "raw juicing" etc (ingestion of THCa and not THC))

(THCa is not psychoactive).
4% + 20,2x0,877=21,7154% total thc

taracula

📸 Kali 🧞‍♂️ china🇨🇳

Cheers everyone! few years back, after a recommendation of a good friend we had the pleasure to grow 3 kali china girls and we fell in love with them. All three of them were short-columnar plants with extraordinary odours of incence, cream mango juice, rosepetals and much much more!

So here we are now day 40 in flowering, growing 10 fems to experience more of them! :ninja:
The first 5 plants below are the stretchiest with different structure qualities than we had seen, more vigor and new scents to discover like pasiflora flower (passion fruit) on no10 pheno.

KC1.jpg
KC10.jpg

irie :plant grow:

Attachments

• KC9.jpg
    KC9.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • KC10 (2).jpg
    KC10 (2).jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 31
  • KC7.jpg
    KC7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • KC7 (2).jpg
    KC7 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • KC3.jpg
    KC3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • KC3 (3).jpg
    KC3 (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • KC3 (2).jpg
    KC3 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • KC1 (2).jpg
    KC1 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

taracula

And the rest 5 Kali china fems, small/columnar plants with more familiar scents for us.
k4.jpg
k5.jpg

:watchplant:Growing under 300w LED at 30% power, seven are in 7lt pots and the other three in 10lt (because of the vigour in veg), biomix soil, slightly dry ammendments and some extra gypsum in flo. Temps as recommended.
:greenstars:All ten have slightly pollinated (at week 4) with two male pollen donors, a) a special Nigerian Hashplant (Exotic Alchemy) and b) a [ZamalKali fem x Kalamata Red male] (Delicorganics K.Red),a Polyhybrid we made last year.

Attachments

• Nigerian (2).jpg
    Nigerian (2).jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ZamalKali x K Red (2).jpg
    ZamalKali x K Red (2).jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 26
  • ZamalKali x K Red.jpg
    ZamalKali x K Red.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 29
  • ZamalKali.jpg
    ZamalKali.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Nigerian.jpg
    Nigerian.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 28
  • k8.jpg
    k8.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Tranquilidade

📸 Kali 🧞‍♂️ china🇨🇳

Cheers everyone! few years back, after a recommendation of a good friend we had the pleasure to grow 3 kali china girls and we fell in love with them. All three of them were short-columnar plants with extraordinary odours of incence, cream mango juice, rosepetals and much much more!

So here we are now day 40 in flowering, growing 10 fems to experience more of them! :ninja:
The first 5 plants below are the stretchiest with different structure qualities than we had seen, more vigor and new scents to discover like pasiflora flower (passion fruit) on no10 pheno.

View attachment 18976044 View attachment 18976052

irie :plant grow:
Can I see a passion fruit pheno?

BumSplodgeBrownPants

My Kali China is slowly coming around, I made a daft mistake by dumping a load of zeolite instead of perlite in the soil. :asskick:I think it hogged all the food, she wasn't well at all, so she was put in the clone tent under a low power LED and is now potted up and looking nice.

DSCF0869.JPG

She'll have a Friday run through with Fish Force tomorrow and then maybe another week or two till I can take a couple of lowers for cuts and flip.

taracula

@taracula
How was ZK/Kalamata?
If you had the chance to try it.
Are we from the same place?
Hi @Consolidated , we live(my brother and i) in a place that the wise people say: Like 🏖, there's no other place 😉, orfeas mentioned it too in an older kalamata red thread...
As for ZK/Kalamata there was no female found from 4 viable seeds sprouted and found from our small fun project. Only males, with 13 finger leafs n kali china structured/style, the mother zamalkali was a kalichina like pheno too with a pinch of zamal in it. The K. RED was a respected ibl male that survived outdoors through December with a good pollen yield and the characteristic Kalamata red scents.
KaliChina × Kalamata Red is something I would like to explore in near future fsure.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kali China x Panama (ACE RND) 2 months cure.

Sour/Lemon/Woody/Incense with a light hint of grilled meat.

The effects of this hybrid blend elements from both parent strains, leaning towards the Kali China (KC) characteristics. It possesses a subtle psychedelic quality reminiscent of KC, which I find particularly appealing. This might be due to the Panama's similar psychedelic properties, suggesting a synergy that targets specific sensations. Contrary to my initial belief, this unique trait does indeed carry over into this hybrid. Overall, it's an enjoyable hybrid that allows for both a spaced-out experience and mental clarity, depending on your preference. It's especially suitable for chilling, listening to music or dancing. I plan to cultivate this strain again in the future, I think there are better phenos to be found.

View attachment 18957950

Thanks @Tranquilidade for coming with a smoke report on the R+D Kali China x Panama hybrid after some curing :) The flower clearly leans towards the Panama side in appearance and terpenes, with minimal Kali China influence. Your description of the effects sounds more like a mix of both, or perhaps something a bit different. I'm excited about the Outback x Kali China you have going ;) this is one of our very latest hybrids, not even listed at R+D section yet.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So touching to know Kali China has conquered you and your friends in the past @taracula and that you are finishing 10 females at the moment 🥰 Thanks a lot for taking pictures of each female and sharing your experience with this strain. As you may have experienced, Kali China is far from being a high-yielding strain; she all about the quality of effects and terpenes in a short flowering time.

Certainly the stretchiest green-purple expressions (from line 21) leans more towards fruity side of the hybrids, and less of the browny-rotten-decayed petals from line 22.

Tranquilidade

Thanks @Tranquilidade for coming with a smoke report on the R+D Kali China x Panama hybrid after some curing :) The flower clearly leans towards the Panama side in appearance and terpenes, with minimal Kali China influence. Your description of the effects sounds more like a mix of both, or perhaps something a bit different. I'm excited about the Outback x Kali China you have going ;) this is one of our very latest hybrids, not even listed at R+D section yet.
Actually it improved a lot after 3 months cure. Started to smoke like panama with a psychodelic punch and bright euphoria! Perfect for party! BTW I also popped Kali China x Oldschool Haze