What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SamS Seeds

GoatCheese

Veteran
They have been sat in a crappy tent for over 6month on 24 hours light,,, from the seeds I cracked I managed to keep 2 x pog x hk and by the looks of it rhino x sk1,,

to beef up the Sam gear I put in some Mexican x haze

Yea, take some photos when those are flowering, i'm quite interested to see some HK genetics in bloom.

About the Sugar Haze you were wondering about, on S eedfinder there's an addy for it in which they use the wording that suggest it's a Seedman's own line. Somewhere i think i read it was abit lemony so good be nice stuff if you find the right plant.

"In our Sugar Haze we have crossed a Santa Marta with Original Haze, one of the Skunkmans most famous creations. The result is a fast flowering sativa dominant haze strain with a THC potential of around 23%. This strain has a sweet taste but is a heavy hitter and not recommended for the occasional user."

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point,,,

Il be flowing the pog and rhino on the next run,, but the seeds will be ages,, i always keep stuff in veg for a real long time just to get a feel for them,, altho there are too many to keep them hanging around this time

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
ill post up some pics later but had two phenos of (skunk/haze) x unknown that were worth keeping samples of.

both went 12 weeks but were two totally different plants. one was very skunky and heavy. the other was 'wispy' and very branchy with delicate flower stacks.

they are in for a long cure but, again, ill post some pics when i get 'round to it.

-cap

Once I dig up the pics, Ill post em, but, quite frankly, it was better than average smoke.
My wife loved it (the skunky/heavy pheno) cuz it tasted great, made her giggle alot, and didnt staple her to the couch.

Which might not be what some smokers like, but, I appreciate "active" effects just as much as I appreciate the sledgehammers out there like chems and og's.

For sure, a pheno hunt to pick what one likes best, but, I can recommend running these if youve got some spare room. A bit longer on finishing times, but an easy run, and worth the wait.
Excellent for a freebie. And good candidate for those pollen chuckers out there that like to experiment with crossbreeding to see what they uncover.

-cap

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Sleestack x Skunk#1...started some of these a few months ago...found 2 females. They are currently vegging in my indoor lab and will be moved outside in another month or so to finish up with the rest of the plants.

Plants look way more NLD than I was expecting. I'm terrible at describing smells, but the stems are very tacky to the touch.

97cTE4Ql.jpg
ykcIEzal.jpg

mgZPfT4l.jpg

HB.

P

psilocybevybe

wow such narrow leaf structure , flowering time should be interesting :)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will honestly put some pics up soon,,, i have 3 plants left from the original seed run and I just put some sugar haze in to the same area,,

CannaZen

Yeah looking at sleestack its mostly mixed NLD descent lines it would seem but its Wonderful. :) I find the foliage interesting. Reminds me of my leb clone plant from rsc genetics. like i see a diverse uniformity i wonder where it may evolve to if it were bred out.

actually i suspect compact/WLD traits may be reccesive i dont know yet. by the f3 i suspect many plants may be much more WLD.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoked sleestack in Amsterdam,, arron at dna passed me a nug,,, it's great for makin hash but the terps are a lil meh

CannaZen

That's really special you got to try a nug from dna genetics haha <3 cool man, I Would love to see a cannabis cup one day. :) just really cool.

Speaking of terpene volume i dont know if it has correlation with resin volume however although my chinese WLD hemp plant has grown proportionately larger to the sativa/indica hybrids blue dream and jack herer i have noticed it has much less fine fairs on the stems in fact the younger leaves when it were grown indoors the tactile sense is completely smooth especially considering its been naturalized in subtropical china or something.
so it did have an earthy/musk scent at an earlier stage but presently it has no aroma, it would seem that the plant is focusing its energy on vegetative growth while the THC chemotype sensimilla hybrids are focusing on producing terpenes and resin at the expensive of a relatively proportionate size because of cannabinoid and terpene production, you see. Not growing so proportionate I dont know that would necessarily be considered hybrid or inbred depression.

anyhow im interested in breeding seedlines and so anything i can learn to better understand the selection process because their evolution snowballs via the slightest individual variation which is accumulative imo. Well.. im still learning. I just love to see evolution in seedlines its fascinating to see how it went from point A to point B.. just fascinating. Its about selecting plants that lean towards improved efficiency for its environment it grows under for its intended purpose, The baseball analogy its kind of like throwing a curveball, it may have a curvature in the balls trajectory however it still arrives to its destination.

I have to see more, i dont know.. :)

love.

Edit: i suspect inbred depression is the breed not being able to adapt to new environments and hybrid depression is a point of diminishing returns. I use the term colloquially, i dont think that they're necessarily mutually exclusive.

Last edited: