What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afropips Malawi and Bagseed

Night4wings20

Week 12 of flower. I've had a little nibble of cob this evening so feeling good enough to share some more photos.

Photo 1: Special Malawi crown
Photo 2: Swazi Gold crown (lime pheno)
Photo 3: DWA#2 pheno harvested at day 85
Photo 4: DWA#1 cob pattie

Notes: Don't worry about what appears to be mold on the cob. I'm pretty sure it was good mold or yeasts. I've cut that part away and eaten it for science, feels good :)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

meizzwang

The Afropips take 16 to 18 weeks so I'm seeing now

For perspective, I also grew afropips malawi several years ago outdoors in the pacific NW. There was some variation in flowering times, but the earliest plant was about 60% mature by early January (took it down early due to botrytis) and the latest plant was maybe 30-40% mature by mid january. This very long flowering pheno never finished outdoors, it took so long that it went back into veg!

I remember carrots and spice, but never got to really experience a fully mature flower.

Sadly, I didn't take any direct photos of the plant, but you can see the very late maturing malawi pheno. in the background, upper right hand corner of this photo. Punto rojo is in the foreground:
31398351214_bc1fc2b760_c.jpg

Night4wings20

Harvested the last of the flowering girls for this run last night. One of the OD's showed hermie traits (possibly after the 40C day) so everything has been cut and hung so nothing could get pollinated (even if slightly).

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78286&pictureid=1912497
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78286&pictureid=1912496

This is the end of the journal since the plants last night were the last flowering plants this round. I have more plants growing but I'll just be documenting for myself from now on until I feel like doing another journal.

Thanks all for watching and have a happy new year!

Latest posts

Latest posts