What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

T

Teddybrae

How terrible for those people in Butte County. Looks from what I see of the news that your Government doesn't support Bushfire victims like they are supported here (Australia). Red Cross becomes involved immediately. Donations reached millions when a fire like Paradise happened here.
Saw a woman on TV saying she hopes her brother got down from the mountain but she does not know where he is ...

i really feel for those poor people getting their houses burned down in Cali, it's getting hard core, seems every year now, there is at least 1 mass evacuation due to fire in Cali. i hope Payaso and Skip are ok. must be horribly frightening to know you could lose everything from 1 day to the next.

St. Phatty

Went into the garage to load up the cat food bin

and there was this beautiful animal about the size of a cat

with black and white fur, and a BIG FLUFFY TAIL

so I thought maybe the animals' food needs were adequately taken care of. :tiphat:

Mr.Miner

Sweet weekend.
I'm looking at a car this morning after getting some good coffee. Then raking leaves until I pass out.

EsterEssence

Veteran
My favorite day going to watch Hopolong Cassiday have a bowl of cereal, and recover from the snowbirds in the desert, it's getting busy, and is it just me or are people getting more uptight, arguing over a parking place and trying to back my car out of a parking place between two giant suv's, people wont stop and honk at me, shit I can't see you slow down and give someone a break...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Been hiding from the cold all day. Freezing rain roads and side walks are like an Ice rink.

Pretty much means I have been hanging out in the garden and watching College Football.

Out to dinner tonight and back home for more sports....better than watching the cooking channel. My wife is doing that.

I think this was my fourth time being summoned. Yesterday there were two cases for jury selection. 150 were summoned but I'd say less than half showed up. First jury selection was a 'pick and go' which meant the jury selected in the morning would hear the case that afternoon. It was a DUI case. I was not selected for the first jury. Second case was an assault and 20grams of Cannabis was involved.

Once the first jury was seated the judge announced the second case was no longer on the docket. She dismissed the rest of us. I have 4 more years in the jury pool before I'm exempted at age 70. It's a small county. I expect one more time.

Today I will shop for some birthday presents for my lovely bride.
Last time they made the mistake of calling me in for jury duty, I told them exactly what I think of the police, the government, and the rich people who manipulate said institutions. They haven't called on me again since then :biggrin:

St. Phatty

Last time they made the mistake of calling me in for jury duty, I told them exactly what I think of the police, the government, and the rich people who manipulate said institutions. They haven't called on me again since then :biggrin:

I did that once in San Diego.

It was a personal use Meth case.

The prosecutor was 300+ pounds & not that tall.

I pointed out that the accused was self-medicating. And so what ?

WHAT I WISH I HAD SAID -

Also that the Prosecutor seemed to be self-medicating - with food.

I then asked - why does the Prosecutor think his form of Self-Medication is healthier than the accused's ?

I did that once in San Diego.

It was a personal use Meth case.

The prosecutor was 300+ pounds & not that tall.

I pointed out that the accused was self-medicating. And so what ?

WHAT I WISH I HAD SAID -

Also that the Prosecutor seemed to be self-medicating - with food.

I then asked - why does the Prosecutor think his form of Self-Medication is healthier than the accused's ?
My favorite bit was pointing out that legal proceedings in this country are a farce due to the overly complicated justice system that requires lawyers rather than making self-representation a true option, because our society was founded by rich lawyers, our constitution was written by rich lawyers, which resulted in a country by the rich lawyers for the rich lawyers. They quietly shuffled me away so that I could stop poisoning the minds of the rest of the jury pool. Ah, such a spitfire when I was younger.

St. Phatty

My favorite bit was pointing out that legal proceedings in this country are a farce due to the overly complicated justice system that requires lawyers rather than making self-representation a true option, because our society was founded by rich lawyers, our constitution was written by rich lawyers, which resulted in a country by the rich lawyers for the rich lawyers. They quietly shuffled me away so that I could stop poisoning the minds of the rest of the jury pool. Ah, such a spitfire when I was younger.

They let you get away with talking freely for that long ?

The judge & attorneys are certainly used to the situation.

Maybe they liked what you were saying.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Happy Moanday. Almost noon here and I have had a busy day so far. Cut down and hung some Diesel. Just got back from walking the dog and now it is errand time. When I get back from that I will take a 3 mile walk. After that it will be time to fry my marble...

If I ever get called for jury duty again I will tell them I have restless leg syndrome....I can't sit for long periods of time.....ha ha!!

EsterEssence

Veteran
Another beautiful Monday, thanksgiving already, time flies when you are trimming all day. The restless leg is a great way to get out of jury duty, I would have both attorneys, and the judge pissed off at me not being able to sit still...

redlaser

Veteran
Lol at the marble frying, haven’t heard it phrased like that before.
Third day of wood slicing over here in anticipation of some actual rain in Ca. on Wednesday.
Lot of work, but good to get some dry wood covered up.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon. Everything I set out to do today is now a fart in the wind. Time for a Jacuzzi and smoke.

@ Ester....yup another Thanksgiving. We are staying home and hosting a few relatives. Don't know how many....who ever shows up shows up. I could be eating leftovers for a long time....

Smoke break.....later

T

Teddybrae

Well, seems like you all know each other in this thread. I 'm in the amazing Land of Oz. On the east side ... just across the water from California.

It's a fucking hot Monday here. Well maybe not so hot but the humidity is high. Like Cal we are due rain tomorrow and Thurs. Like Cal we hope it's not too much.

This is the start of our outdoor season. Seedlings only at present.

So cheers from the other side of the world!

Mr.Miner

^ Cheers to you! Hope the weather isn't too intense.
Headed to work in a bit after the dogs are all taken care of. Prepping for 200 people for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite time of year to be a chef.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning gang. Another cold morning in the Colorado foothills above the city. Nice thing about winter here is that normally it warms up during sunny winter days. Today should reach 60f. Nice day for a walk and I will take advantage of it.

First, all the ladies need feed. Starting to get a build up of dirty pots so washing them is somewhere in the near future.

Tomorrow is cleaning day. Thanksgiving is usually done at our house and that means the wife is gonna make me help clean up the place so relatives can come over and trash it. Keeps her happy though.

Thanks for stopping in Teddy. Don't be a stranger. We could use some peeps from across the pond..

Sounds like you are in your element Mr Miner. I am cooking for maybe 10 and that is all I can handle....200????

Time to get these stiff old bones moving.....got stuff to do.....

EsterEssence

Veteran
I am going out to rake my yard great again. Actually I need to get some kindling and wood ready for the rain. I'm a old single non turkey eating guy so I am going to a friends house for some great veggie eats. Here in so cal it also gets into the 60-70 degree days, in less I drive for half hour to the desert where it's 80 degrees. Hope everyone is happy and safe this holiday season. I think the the micro dose of vitamin P is kicking in...

St. Phatty

Morning gang. Another cold morning in the Colorado foothills above the city. Nice thing about winter here is that normally it warms up during sunny winter days. Today should reach 60f.

The guy at the hardware store said 62F would be warm enough to Varathane a few pieces of plywood.

Will probably start painting them when it's about 50F, then bring them inside & turn the heat up to mayb 70F.