What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DHS secrectary: Marijuana 'not a factor' in drug war

C. Breeze

And that is the real point- none of this has any relevance in my day to day life (fingers crossed it remains that way) it only serves to provide a little intrigue and drama.

paper thorn

Veteran
President Trump has made no reference to doing anything negative with the legal MJ industry. I only have my personal thoughts, and feelings, which tell me there's nothing to worry about.
The mj industry is going balls to the wall expanding and becoming an economic force. There are several MJ and MMJ business associations that along with groups like the MPP will surely be lobbying for an audience with Sessions and even Trump to express the good and positive effects of legalization.
Remember, these people are not familiar with cannabis like we are. And you guys on what we affectionately call the 'left' need to lay off the stupid cheetos and orange crap and just address the issues without the vitriol. I know you think it is a left - right one side or the other thing, but it's not. Times are a changin. in my state the majority of people on the right voted in favor of legalization.

Maybe one of you could draft a letter explaining our position to the AG's office.

post it up, you'll get lots of editing help from folks here.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice to see a politician make a distinction between cannabis and the drugs that actually do you harm... until this it's always been a policy of 'all drugs are bad ' , which is a very dangerous line to follow- kids think " well, they lied about weed, maybe meth ain't so bad"

Got to be a positive thing, right?

oldchuck

Veteran
When Trump goes down Sessions will go down and I don't expect Trump to last a full term one way or another. I'm hoping they at least last a year.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
When Trump goes down Sessions will go down and I don't expect Trump to last a full term one way or another. I'm hoping they at least last a year.

I like the way you think amigo!

The pressure needs to continue being applied. Trump tweeted the other day something like "still Going on about my tax returns". They'll be called "old talking points" and we'll be told we're being desperate or whatever.

Where I came from they would try the same shit! They'd roll by like everything's all square, and hit you up for a 8th. But when you remind them about the $65 they owe you for the last 8th(all the way up son!) they would say...."why you bringing up old shit"! Same as Trump. Dumbasses think the statute of limitations is a couple of months.haha

And I agree with other posters that we should all know how to survive, but nobody should be sooo comfortable just yet that they aren't using those skills anyway.

I don't see the harm in discussing the situation.

At the very least it could get a fellow grower to realize that maybe they should think twice. Not automatically stop whatever it is there doing but just think about it. Like we all did from the beginning.

I think there are a lot of young growers who could get caught slipping if the worst happens. Part of the reason it would be so wrong for the Feds to suddenly decide to get down. Same reason Fender guitar could no longer enforce their patent and Gibson still enforces theirs.

I'll post a link to my guitar post.haha it may be retarded but makes sense to my retarded ass!

paper thorn

Veteran
The problem is you think the 'pressure' that needs to be applied is to try and oust Trump, instead of working through one of several cannabis/cannabis industry associations or the Marijuana Policy Project or someone who can sit down with officials on this level and properly and persuasively present their/our case.
No harm in discussing it, but why the constant crap and clever and snide little anti- Trump political bias?
That's all against the TOU of this site.

if it really meant that much to you, you'd be sending messages and making phone calls to your congressman, sending messages and making phone calls to a cannabis association and finding out how you can help shape policy in this administration.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Nice to see a politician make a distinction between cannabis and the drugs that actually do you harm... until this it's always been a policy of 'all drugs are bad ' , which is a very dangerous line to follow- kids think " well, they lied about weed, maybe meth ain't so bad"

Got to be a positive thing, right?

I'd say it's absolutely a positive but trump making a distinction between his support of "medical marijuana" when asked about(I believe) "marijuana laws" is then equally a negative for recreational laws. However large or small anyone feels like stating it matters or to what degree does not matter to me personally, I'll 100% agree. If the president has the authority, power or both to contiuing not to enforcement or allow them to begin enforcing but flips like a switch, none of it matters. Until it fkn matters that is. That doesn't mean not to give a shit though.

Here's some game a veterano schooled me with..... "A criminal needs to try's their hardest to minimize regrets. Minimize because even the hardest convict will eventually regret being a criminal. The one regret a criminal must try and avoid at all cost is the regret of ever knowing their possible incarceration was the result of knowing better but doing it anyways. Convicts can do a lot time with relative ease if they never figure out exactly where they fucked up. A day will seem unbearable if they have no doubt before they're booked. The few criminals who take the most care in avoiding regrets, no matter the crime need not concern themselves with EVER regretting anything! because they'll never be convicted. Because they'll never be caught!

The moral of the story. NEVER GET CAUGHT SLIPPIN. EVER!

That's fuckin gangsterrrrrrrr!

So I respect and agree with your opinion but there are people who have never imagined the kind of regrets and loss theyll have because they're the dumbest kind of criminal. The kind that doesn't think or even know they're criminals. AKA future convicts. That's who I'm worried about. The lames. Not anybody on this website. I hope!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Paper thorn: I assure you your wrong about me brother. I wrote a book in response to your earlier post IPad went dead. I'm sure it's gone!! Please be patient and let me re write it. I promise I'll shorten it up as best I can. I promise you that I agree with a lot you say or at least respect your opinion to believe so. But please don't make the mistake others have made and think I fit any kind of mold the WORLD HAS EVER SEEN! I AM THE ONE and the ONLY! RESIN_LUNG!!! seriously amigo..... gimme a minute.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
"We came into this world, chased by hounds ese" que no?

"We came into this world, chased by hounds ese" que no?

President Trump has made no reference to doing anything negative with the legal MJ industry. I only have my personal thoughts, and feelings, which tell me there's nothing to worry about.

100% agree. The first draft said a lot more but Im kinda saying the same thing in my reply to Mr. bunch a couple of posts ago

The mj industry is going balls to the wall expanding and becoming an economic force. There are several MJ and MMJ business associations that along with groups like the MPP will surely be lobbying for an audience with Sessions and even Trump to express the good and positive effects of legalization.

I agree 100% but they'll be taking meeting with those who oppose legalization as well and they've been balls to the wall forever. I mentioned this briefly in the other post, but lately Ive personally noticed some things that cause me to believe TRUMP can completely change his position from one day to the next. Have you noticed anything that could lead you to believe that as well or am I completely off? I understand that you may see this a certain way but I swear on my Mothers soul my asking is not some passive aggressive bullshit! Im pretty sure what your answer is gonna be, but my asking you for your answer keeps me from assuming you understand why I may have the opinion I have. So please..... is there any reason I could believe what I believe? Am I off? But I have to be completely off. If you, in anyway can see how I could think the way I do then there's no reason I'm wrong to think he won't flip on what he said about medical marijuana when he flipped on issues that he ran his campaign in. His support was just a sound bite. Support it or don't support, it doesn't matter as far as my point goes. At this point Who can REALLY hold him to anything he says? We can only care about what he does. So I bring up Trump flipping but flip IN A GOOD WAY. That's why I bring things up in political threads on this pro-cannabis site. Im not here to argue with the only people I think really care. LIKE YOU. Ok so it's not to force a defense out of people who support trump. You say so far he hasn't done anything negative. I 100% agree brother! I bring it up to discuss what I believe I noticed and how it applies to the subject of this thread. Trump flipping from "not doing anything negative" to "doing something positive for cannabis". I'm not talking shit about the dude you voted for because he flip flops. Its not ME vs YOU homie. I SMOKE POT & YOU SMOKE POT!

Remember, THESE people are not familiar with cannabis like WE are. And YOU guys on what WE AFFECTIONATELY CALL the 'LEFT' (in your later post you'll ask why all the jabs but I forgive you bro. I'm kinda cheering re-writing this reply.) need to lay off the stupid cheetos and orange crap and just address the issues without the vitriol. I know YOU think it is a LEFT - RIGHT one side or the other thing, but it's not. Times are a changin. in MY state the majority of people on the RIGHT voted in favor of legalization.

This is what I ultimately believe the reason our community has been so split. I read the words YOU, WE, THESE, MY, RIGHT, LEFT..... Its PRO CANNABIS against the fucking world if it has to be as far as I'm concerned. So it is a "One Side or the Other" issue for me! I'm on the same side as the owner of this website and thought everybody else is. I thought WE were against the anti-cannabis whatever. I honestly don't know how I would feel if I was a trump supporter because I'm not but if I were and he was responsible for sessions I know exactly who I'd be down with. I've never been the type to be set trippin! It would be easy for me. WEED IS ALL I CARE ABOUT. I don't know what to tell you. If they're are against cannabis or can do something but don't, I'm not gonna have much love for them, but my attack of them on this site is not an attack on any member of this site. Regardless of who they voted for. I wish members didn't feel attacked and the need to defend. I think that unless some members release themselves from the responsibility, aka guilt, than they may continue feeling attacked. Also if immigration for example is more important than cannabis I hope it's understood that I and other like me exist and there is gonna be an issue discussing immigration or any other political issue other than cannabis including rallying against anti-cannabis on this pro-cannabis site.

have opinions on lots of things. I feel really strongly about a lot of what's going on in the world. But for me.....cannabis is what I care most about. If it wasn't I'd be on another site typing all night trying to convince someone that we're on the same side.[\B]

Maybe one of you could draft a letter explaining our position to the AG's office.

Ive written congressman. I've sat for hours and hours with someone who's had a one on one meeting President Trump. That's no joke! I think I may be a lobbyist for ICMag! Haha

post it up, you'll get lots of editing help from folks here.

It would be nice to get everybody to contribute their thoughts but.... I'm not sure if we're able. it's to bad too. It would help to confirm OUR mission, whatever that is.

I tried this but let me know if it's a problem. I'll stop. It may be hard or impossible to quote me?

Stan G.

If Cannabis plays no role in the drug war why do I have manufacture felony charge. Typical two faced politician, ignorant to reality.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I guess word came down from above. Seems pretty clear to me.

In an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd Sunday, DHS Secretary John Kelly said that marijuana was “not a factor” in the drug war (methamphetamines, cocaine and heroin were, he said). He seemed to change his tone Tuesday in a speech at George Washington University, according to a copy of prepared remarks provided by DHS.

“And let me be clear about marijuana. It is a potentially dangerous gateway drug that frequently leads to the use of harder drugs,” Kelly said, adding: “Its use and possession is against federal law and until the law is changed by the U.S. Congress we in DHS are sworn to uphold all the laws on the books.”

“DHS personnel will continue to investigate marijuana’s illegal pathways along the network into the U.S., its distribution within the homeland, and will arrest those involved in the drug trade according to federal law,” he continued. “CBP will continue to search for marijuana at sea, air and land ports of entry and when found take similar appropriate action.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kelly-marijuana-potentially-dangerous-gateway-drug-dhs

mr.brunch

Veteran
Gateway drug my ass .... having a brain is a gateway drug.
My brain made me want to try any drug that I have ever tried.... therefore having, owning or possessing a mind of your own will soon become illegal.
Thought police on the way.

'Boogieman'

Actually, a huge amount of heroin now comes across the Atlantic from northern Europe. The northeast seaboard of the US is awash in the stuff. It originates in the poppy fields of Afghanistan, and is transported north through eastern European smuggling routes before crossing the Atlantic. Strange that our government officials don't want to mention this. The Taliban had eradicated most of the opium production in Afghanistan, but it flourished again once the US invaded under guidance of the CIA. Funny that.

I believe the east coast has mostly Asian and Mid Eastern heroin but here it's all coming from the Sinaloa Cartel. I live close to Chicago in Indiana and it's really bad out here. Somebody I grew up with just died a few weeks ago but I haven't talked to him in years.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
The problem is you think the 'pressure' that needs to be applied is to try and oust Trump, instead of working through one of several cannabis/cannabis industry associations or the Marijuana Policy Project or someone who can sit down with officials on this level and properly and persuasively present their/our case.
No harm in discussing it, but why the constant crap and clever and snide little anti- Trump political bias?

I touched on this in my other post but I think it's important enough that maybe I should post it again.

Trump in president.

He appointed the AG.

The AG is anti-cannabis.

I am pro-cannabis.

I will plot against anybody in government that threatens the cause. GOVERMENT. NOT CONSERVATIVES OR ANY OTHER CIVILIAN. You may think I am but that's probably because you see me doing it on ICMag. You may think I'm doining everywhere but I'm not and I don't.

In real life I respect everybodys opinion. When I'm posting in a political thread on ICMag I believe I'm with like minded people. People who are already down for cannabis. Why would they be in a political thread on ICMag if they weren't?

It's the same reason discussing anything political other than cannabis is a no no on ICMag. But in real life its fine. On ICMag I don't know who I may offend. It's an international website! Not just American. In real life I know who I'm speaking to and can speak to them directly. That's when I'll discuss everything else. Here it's cannabis against those who oppose it.

Except those prop 64 threads. I'm guilty of attacking the shit out of pro cannabis people. I still have some apologies to pm.

Do I want to "oust" Trump?

Honestly, I'm torn.
On the one hand, I really do only care about cannabis so if he was gone maybe sessions would be too.
On the other hand, the country I love may not recover, and I will no longer have the luxury of even smoking cannabis. Because I'll have to spend most of my time searching for food and water.
ITS A TOSS UP.

That's all against the TOU of this site.

IS IT??? This is bad form though amigo. What does it say about you man? I don't wanna know. I'm sure the moderators and Gypsy can see my heart. I have no doubt they know it's honest and on their side. To be honest I don't remember what the TOU says. I should read it again. But I know how to act. I know right from wrong. The neighborhood put me in check every time I forgot how to act. I don't need to ever be reminded. But everybody get checked friend. It's not a big deal. It's a good thing. Like medicine. It's best to just take it and get better. So take this post like a man takes his medicine. No hard feelings n shit!

if it really meant that much to you, you'd be sending messages and making phone calls to you congressman, sending messages and making phone calls to a cannabis association and finding out how you can help shape policy in this administration.

One day, when I've been a member of ICMag long enough. When I'm sure the members I respect don't think im showing off, I'll post my story in the hopes that will answer all questions regarding where my hearts at and what I consider to be the least I can do for this plant. The things you listed might be the least you can do, and that's awesome, but I owe this plant more than that.

FUK IT... I owe this plant as much as the kardashians owe Satan. haha They live directly across the street from me. Well, they've used to. The old ladys the only one of them left. Kim & kanye bought the house at the end of my street. Alex Van Halen lives three houses away on my side of the street. Miley, Justin, Jlo, Bieber..... I owe as much as these fuckers owe but I owe it to cannabis. WEED and GAME got this fuckin 9th grade drop out in there. I don't know how to pay the game back though I try my best but I know what I can do for cannabis! Where I'm at isn't the story but it's how I know I'm in debt. And how much. One day I'll tell the story, till then you'll either believe me when I say I have no hidden agenda on ICMag or not. But please don't post anything like this last paragraph. We're on the same side. I'm not interested in embarrassing someone to the degree they change or delete their account. Thankfully we still have the option of being friends because I'm not ready to share just yet.

No complaints so I'm gonna keep going in this mode...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
If Cannabis plays no role in the drug war why do I have manufacture felony charge. Typical two faced politician, ignorant to reality.

Two-faced is right man.

They have no idea what they're saying when they open their fkn mouth. What they're REALLY saying.

I sympathize homie.