What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing peppers through winter indoors?

R

Rubber Chicken

My Jalapenos survived over winter.

I guess it depends how cold your winter is...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone know how to keep them from fuiting/ making flowers? Besides pinching off the flowers?

I'm planning on popping some jalapeño, anaheim and bells soon. The last time I did this indiors was last year, and they grew about a foot, started fruiting/ making flowers and didn't really grow much taller.

My intent is to grow them as big as possible, and delay flowering, because it seems that flowering stunts growth as it makes them focus energy on making fruit. I want a pepper bush/trees when I transplant outside in May.

Feed more nitrogen (reduces potential for pollination) and pick buds often is all I know.

MintyMick

I'll try that. Just N heavy feeding and pinching flowers...I think I'll start some tomatoes and tomatillos too.