What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
wait til the whole legal thing gives cops the right to enter your home without a warrant under the suspicion you are violating a weed regulation

a infraction worth 100$ will lead them to so many other crimes it will be a boon to law enforcement

I am willing to bet more lives are ruined by dui and dui laws than where ruined by prohibition itself and back then the alchies still drank

funny how things work in our minds versus how they pan out in reality

thankfully i march to to the beat of my own drum

:: eases on down the road

mowood3479

Veteran
When they take a sample of bho, 12 different pieces are tested. If there is too much variance in the numbers, the sample is ruled to have 'hot spots' or more concentrated parts, and is failed. They eased up on variance so more extracts should me moving through the process

Good post:)
I'd never thought about this...
I can see this being a problem with black tar heroin (ie hot spots causing hot shots)...But with herb? What u get a little more high?

Interesting thought, I'd like to hear from some of the hash experts at ic about hot spots in extracts and how that happens and how it can be remedied (if at all).
Learn something new everyday.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
or come up with some genetically modified pest resistant strain that repels pests by killing them, and fucking up the environment and the plant's genetics in one stupid swoop.

PDX Dopesmoker

or come up with some genetically modified pest resistant strain that repels pests by killing them, and fucking up the environment and the plant's genetics in one stupid swoop.

More likely scenario: some twisted pothead with a brain full of exciting chemicals comes up with something that beats the shit out of what the stuffed shirts can manage to develop for 1000x the research expense.

Druggies have a natural intellectual advantage over the rest of the population. Most regular people can't seem to come up with their own new ideas. Anyone here ever notice how almost all new military tech debuts in science fiction 30 years before it hits the battlefield? The engineers who work for the big military contractors are too tuned in to conforming to their boss's standards to come up with legitimately new ideas. Same reason why startups often beat big corporations at their own game.

The only reason why this image is at all noteworthy is that so many people refuse to eat their mental vitamins
ABBDMeq.jpg

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
More likely scenario: some twisted pothead with a brain full of exciting chemicals comes up with something that beats the shit out of what the stuffed shirts can manage to develop for 1000x the research expense.

Druggies have a natural intellectual advantage over the rest of the population. Most regular people can't seem to come up with their own new ideas. Anyone here ever notice how almost all new military tech debuts in science fiction 30 years before it hits the battlefield? The engineers who work for the big military contractors are too tuned in to conforming to their boss's standards to come up with legitimately new ideas. Same reason why startups often beat big corporations at their own game.

The only reason why this image is at all noteworthy is that so many people refuse to eat their mental vitamins

View Image

Wait, what ?!, there are people who don't take their mental vitamins !?!?

People like that exist !?!

That's weird

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
fucking a...a quote on lsd by steve jobs...at least quote someone good like Terrence McKenna, who is the actual source of the quote anyways... thief jobs strikes yet again.

I think its good they are testing for contaminants, pesticides and molds etc. Its makes for a healthier, closer to nature smoke and high. Im sorry but im glad they're doing it. :)

Sluicebox

You're right it's good to test for it but bad to monopolize the testing facilities. More labs, competitive prices for testing, no bottlenecks.

Bongstar420

I liked the new testing regs. Gets the liars and losers out of the game. Though I as more interested in leveling the playing field with potency. It was really bothersome seeing other people's product out there with numbers that I thought were way too high and came from labs that consistently made unrealistically high results when I opted for the most accurate lab and highest pesticide standard I could find. I gave in with 3b labs though their numbers were pretty legit, their pesticide screen was a quarter of the lab I went to prior that shut down due to city zoning regs, lack of desire to move, and probably the cost increases against the business model they wanted to run.

Sad thing is my business never got funding to meet the new standards and I had marketed to enough clients to ensure the amount of needed revenue to operate. It wasn't even the long term costs, it was just the extra stuff to get started. Its not like I could just switch my med grow over to the rec licenses without spending money on any changes.

With the prices and time. I don't see why $300/10lb with larger, controlled sampling is bad or a month of wait early on due to natural grower patterns and fledgling industry status. I called Green Leaf Labs at the time the new standards were activated and they said their wait time was not significantly higher than it was before and quoted 5 business days.

Good post
smile.gif

I'd never thought about this...
I can see this being a problem with black tar heroin (ie hot spots causing hot shots)...But with herb? What u get a little more high?

Interesting thought, I'd like to hear from some of the hash experts at ic about hot spots in extracts and how that happens and how it can be remedied (if at all).
Learn something new everyday.

Just put your extract into a container, heat it till runny, and mix it really well. It can be done with a 95% efficiency. These "variations" occur do to the extraction process. If you can demonstrate high outcome probabilities with a post extraction step in the process, I bet we could get the extra sampling requirements dropped when doing the process. Having done the process would be on record anyways with the security requirements. I'm not sure why people complain about these "tests" rather than creating solutions for the concerns, in this case extra sampling and product variability.

Latest posts

Latest posts