What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best jack herer?

i forgot to mention, that really good jack i had only needed 67 days.
if you get lucky like that there will be no need to cross to something faster.
but it was a special plant with sativa growth, buds, flavor, potency... there was very little indica influence on anything other than the flower time/yeild from skunk and NL5 and resin from NL5.

awesome thanks mate my goal would be to have more indica like growth with the jack herer taste and hopefully somewhat of the high.. and would love to bring it down to 60 days.. my outdoor conditions are pretty short season. but 67 wouldnt be a drama of course..

H

hard rain

awesome thanks mate my goal would be to have more indica like growth with the jack herer taste and hopefully somewhat of the high.. and would love to bring it down to 60 days.. my outdoor conditions are pretty short season. but 67 wouldnt be a drama of course..
Just an opinion, but I think there are hardly any plants that are ready in 60 days. Many of the harvest photos on here have me nearly in tears, thinking they should go week(s) longer. The only one's I've had ready in 60 were c99 and it really was inferior pot in every way. Quality takes time.

I'm thinking of growing JH in the near future. I will go Sensi.

hard rain. i can agree with you on that one that a lot of people will pick to early.. i do inspect the coloring of trichomes under a 200 x usb microscope thingy.. but i think mixing a auto with a regular photo period you could pull off some early flowering numbers.. but im not talking about using autos in the cross so i'll have to just agree with you on that one sir.
but you do see where im coming from still..
thanks for the input mate.

Max Headroom

Veteran
ahh very nice.. ive heard good things about c99 by brothers grimm. and heard not so good things about the c99 by female seed.
max would you say the jack herer does make you tired? i dont mind weed that doesnt make me tired but love the heavy hitting couch locking sort of weed.. regardless i will grow some c99 though due to its popularity and there has to be a reason its popular but hearing you say it take somewhat like jack this has me intrigued..

thanks a lot for your input of this one max headroom. always good to hear from people who have smoked and grown these things.

im glad this thread has started to take off a little bit.. thanks guys..

to me it's not surprising that C-99 and JH are somewhat similar regarding the high, since the beans that were bred into C-99 were apparently found in a bag of JH purchased in amsterdam.

my C-99 clones were from "nectar seeds" IIRC. not sure if they are still around.

and no, jack herer doesn't make me tired at all. just as with C-99 i can smoke it all evening and not be fighting to keep my eyes open.

if you prefer some good ol' couch-lock, these strains don't really fit the bill. i always have at least 2 strains available: an all-day strain like JH or C-99 (3/4 of the time) and a more sedating indica-dominant one for that last round before i go to bed.

good luck and let us know how your hunt turns out!

Cloneman

Veteran
Oldest circulating clone of Jack?

Well it might be Jack's own Jack?

I got some freebees (still in the fridge) with Dynasty's Pineapple Fields (just finishing them, oh yeah) a while ago and here's Prof P's quote at the time

We will be giving away some Free "Miss U Jack" seeds with this release.. Miss U Jack was made with a special Jack Herer clone from Jack's garden , which was passed on to the Local med after he passed away.. The Ms.Universe #10 male was used in the pollination.

I got some freebees (still in the fridge) with Dynasty's Pineapple Fields (just finishing them, oh yeah) a while ago and here's Prof P's quote at the time

hmm interesting.. yay for free beans.. so is this a strain avaliable in seed form from a site?

Apomixis

Interesting. I remember reading about a clone in circulation from the late 90's, but I seem to recall it being from Europe. I'm curious how widely spread his personal cut is now...

Interesting. I remember reading about a clone in circulation from the late 90's, but I seem to recall it being from Europe. I'm curious how widely spread his personal cut is now...

defently not in my country then.. i need someone to track it down and make some s1 beans for me. ha ha..

thanks for the input there mate..

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Anyone recognize this cut of Jack?

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't a jack h clone from nevil get renamed as ssh an won the cup for greenhouse back in the day?

smile

Wow FiveLeggedGoat, that JH picture looks almost exactly like the C-99 from original Bros Grimm stock I used to grow back in the early 2000's.

Spend the cash and pick a keeper bro.. Theres a peppery indica pheno if your pressed for time or space. I personally like the haze leaning one, i grow them into trees and take them 13 weeks from first flower or 14 from flip..
Just ran bcbd feminized version. Not recomended, shoots nanners

browntrout

Veteran
I've got the same question. The one i'm looking for is skunk/pine/cedar/blonde hash/incense.

Would one be better off looking into a haze line now a days?

TGA Jack the ripper
BeanHo Jack hybrids
Chimeras Jack Hybrids

All come to mind.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought that when Sensi released the Jack, Neville made a point & went & had his strains back off them, that's what we read or they was lost in one of Bens 80+ busts.

I thought it was the A5 in Jack H, not sure on numbers of the cuts for it & I doubt nobody was as per the story above. Nev posted he sees his clone in many of todays hybrids the flower structures that he selected for are dominant in these poly poly poly's..

A5 is also NL5xhaze#1 he says they used the C5 as picture for it in the 90's catalogue. (Why we will never know) & A5#122mango was a sister to the A5#1. Both of those female cuttings survived to Switzerland he says.. Maybe just maybe kali mist perhaps came from the same batch of unreleased A5 seeds & the Sage maybe, don't quote me on that one..

The silver haze was one of these amazing strains & was the first tamed F1 of any use indoors.. (Was that C5 or A5) A5 I think.

Nev has said that one of the haze males made a huge yield & the other was more fuel... The grail Thread is a long read.

I think getting a Jack flash or the other Jack lines from Sensi with the Jack name would produce a keeper or 2.. I seen reports on them looking into Fruity juice & seen some amazing plants that have placed in cups

With jack you had to look through many seeds for the 8 week anomaly as a mate of mine did commercial clone sifting for the London boys back in that day moving trays & trays of them.. There was many phenotypes suggesting that it was an f2 holding an exceptional vigorous unique appearance of the A5, Nev did say that when he inbred his best the ratio of exceptional phenotypes went from 1-8 to 1 in 20 or there about.

He also says that if your looking for the best genes to breed use the Nev's Haze & cross on to that with your sire lines.

He was adamant that he would only ever work from the batch original batch of NH seeds he himself originally made..

Sounds like Jack was somebody trying to cube A5.