What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Majority Of Florida Voters Support Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

RetroGrow

Veteran
Please go here, and leave your opinion in the comments section. In particular, Senator Marco Rubio (R), and Senator Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D), have views which are neanderthal in nature. They should be chastised and rebuked for their ignorance:
http://www.thedailychronic.net/2014/27751/joint-marijuana-legalization-bills-filed-florida/
Rubio actually tries to make the point that " Drugs contribute to violent crime and enrich international crime organizations."
Huh??? If the drugs were not illegal, international crime organizations would not be able to sell cannabis on the black market. This guy has presidential aspirations, and it is critical that he is run out of office.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No shit, and that's probably mostly from people who wouldn't know a bong from a vaporizer. Stupid rednecks, hilarious hillbillies.

here now! hillbillies are as, if not more, ingenious at "McGuyvering" something to smoke out of in an emergency than your average bear...:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
here now! hillbillies are as, if not more, ingenious at "McGuyvering" something to smoke out of in an emergency than your average bear...:tiphat:

By my definition, if you smoke pot, you're not a hillbilly. Perhaps I should have said cave dwellers. :tiphat:

stop spreading misinformation you can have 6 plants mature 6 seedlings. or was it 8. there a whole big ass thread somewhere round here where i read the bill and showed what it covers and the stipulations. no part of it said you cannot grow. stop spreading false info.

unless you're confusing prop#2 with charlottes web. those are 2 separate things. charlottes web is a done deal. it's the law even if prop 2 fails.

what we vote on in nov (NOV 4 don't forget y'all) is the medical bill which allows dispensaries, changes the law and allows you to grow your own, and covers a lot of ailments like the chronic joint pain that makes me cut this conversation short because i can only sit upright in a chair for so long.

here you go
V V V
this is what we're voting on in nov.
V V V

Im sorry but there will be no grows for medical patients in florida.
I wish. Go to united for care website. I think they say it there.

dddaver

Veteran
http://www.mpp.org/states/florida/overview-of-floridas-medical.html

The "Use of Marijuana for Certain Medical Conditions" question will now be put to the voters in Florida in November’s election. Below is a summary of the proposed constitutional amendment.

Can patients grow their own medicine?
No, only state-regulated medical marijuana treatment centers would be allowed to cultivate medical marijuana.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directly copy and pasted from mpp. I never thought I would get tired of talking about mmj, but about this, I am. Some people just won't accept what is written in black and white. It's called denial I think.

I personally have an absentee ballot being sent to me and that is the only thing I will be marking on it. And I will vote for it. Even though it pretty much sucks at least it is a step in the right direction. Yet I will still grow my own. I really don't care whatever the govt does or doesn't do, nor ever will care in the least.

like i said you're thinking about charlottes web if you do a quick google for proposition #2 you will see the same text i went through and laid out in english for the rest of us.

http://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Right_to_Medical_Marijuana_Initiative,_Amendment_2_(2014)

here you go just google proposition 2 florida

DUDE YOUR INFORMATION IS WRONG!!!
NO PERSONAL GROWS IN FLORIDA! I VOLENTEER FOR UNITED FOR CARE!

Go to mmp.org They say it specifically there.
Can patients grow their own medicine? No, only state-regulated medical marijuana treatment centers would be allowed to cultivate medical marijuana.
Quote from mpp.org

Sorry dude. You are wrong.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
as i keep telling you...you're looking at THIS
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/1030

CHARLOTTES FUCKING WEB, THAT PASSED ALREADY, ITS A FUCKING LAW DOESN'T NEED TO BE VOTED ON.

we're voting on this.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/0962

cathy jordan act

i apologize, i might be mistaken, i'm writing a letter now. i was under the impression that what we were voting on was the cathy jordan act since thats what was on the petition i signed to get the shit on the ballot. i'm prolly still gonna vote yes so that we canat least open the door. but if they think this is the end, some bullshit charlottes web that can only help a certain slim segment of people while the rest of us are treated as criminals they are sadly mistaken. i and everyone else will just keep growing anyway.

ach my back...time for some medication.

as i keep telling you...you're looking at THIS
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/1030

CHARLOTTES FUCKING WEB, THAT PASSED ALREADY, ITS A FUCKING LAW DOESN'T NEED TO BE VOTED ON.

we're voting on this.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2014/0962

cathy jordan act

i apologize, i might be mistaken, i'm writing a letter now. i was under the impression that what we were voting on was the cathy jordan act since thats what was on the petition i signed to get the shit on the ballot. i'm prolly still gonna vote yes so that we canat least open the door. but if they think this is the end, some bullshit charlottes web that can only help a certain slim segment of people while the rest of us are treated as criminals they are sadly mistaken. i and everyone else will just keep growing anyway.

ach my back...time for some medication.

No problem brotha! WE ALL WE GOT!
What we have to do is be ready to amend that law once it hits the streets.
I want personal grows! Im going to make a guess....I say by 2020 we will have full legalization on recreational bud! lets go!

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Amendment 2 IS NOT the Cathy Jordan bill and they are very different from what ive read and understand.

Amendment 2 does not allow a patient to grow but i still support it b/c it is a positive step forward and with polling in fl @ 55% approval for Rec Cannabis i can see a patient right to cultivate getting established within a few yrs of the law going into effect.

peace

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So even if this passes it does nothing to counter that 20 grams is a felony in fla?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
http://www.unitedforcare.org/ballot_language_1

so i emailed with a guy from ufc earlier to get some clarification
So, in short, the Florida Congress killed the Cathy Jordan bill that was introduced this past legislative session. However, they did pass the Charlotte's Web bill this past legislative session as well. Charlotte's Web will be for people with spastiscity (muscle spasms, like epilepsy) and for patients with cancer, but that is it.

Amendment 2 is a citizen's initiative (which means the Florida Congress has nothing to do with it) and is separate from Charlotte's Web. The amendment is what we have all worked to collect pledge signatures to get it on the ballot. It is a "whole plant" Amendment, and will cover all patients with debilitating conditions (i.e. HIV/AIDS, cancer, multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease, etc.). That is what Floridians will vote on November 4th, 2014.

I can understand the confusion; we've had this question posed to us many time to seek clarification where people say, "we thought medical marijuana was already legal" referring to Charlotte's Web. Be sure to tell your friends to vote "Yes on 2" in support of whole-plant medical marijuana this November 4th!

I hope this clears up things. If you want to read the ballot language, you can do so at our website. Have a good day, Sir

i read over the language of this bill and it's just vague enough that anyone can get a medical card cali style. just says "debilitating illness" and "licensed physician" so there you have it.

also says something about licenced purchase centers..or whatever they called it. but whatever i'll still grow and i'll still vote for it rather than 4 more years (or however long this legal bullshit takes) waiting for the next republicrat who needs votes come 2016/18/20?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
part of the "pitch" to these inbreds has been that amendment 2 leaves it in the hands of the medical doctors and not the politicians or police. The Florida Medican Association just essentially said no, don't trust us the doctors, trust the police.

Now THAT is a fked up place.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the amount of cannabis a Floridian would be "allowed" to possess if this passes and said Floridian has card??

Is that 250 grams for real? I didn't see that on the united we care website.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
http://www.unitedforcare.org/ballot_language

(d) DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT. The Department shall issue reasonable regulations necessary for the implementation and enforcement of this section. The purpose of the regulations is to ensure the availability and safe use of medical marijuana by qualifying patients. It is the duty of the Department to promulgate regulations in a timely fashion.
(1) Implementing Regulations. In order to allow the Department sufficient time after passage of this section, the following regulations shall be promulgated no later than six (6) months after the effective date of this section:
a. Procedures for the issuance of qualifying patient identification cards to people with physician certifications, and standards for the renewal of such identification cards.
b. Procedures for the issuance of personal caregiver identification cards to persons qualified to assist with a qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana, and standards for the renewal of such identification cards.
c. Procedures for the registration of Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers that include procedures for the issuance, renewal, suspension, and revocation of registration, and standards to ensure security, record keeping, testing, labeling, inspection, and safety.
d. A regulation that defines the amount of marijuana that could reasonably be presumed to be an adequate supply for qualifying patients’ medical use, based on the best available evidence. This presumption as to quantity may be overcome with evidence of a particular qualifying patient’s appropriate medical use.

dddaver

Veteran
Man, I'd call that ducking the issue. So I guess they are leaving it up to the doctors. Then they can all cover their asses if anything goes wrong. Ah...political bullshit. But what would you expect?

"Doc, you better make that rec for a pound so I can make some RSO. On second thought, you better make that 10 pounds just to be safe."