What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Get Raided!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If I'm honest, the 1st time I bought Heroin, it was because my hash dealer had been robbed, but that was more about my horror of spending a night sober than harder drugs being an alternative.

So what you are saying is that cannabis prohibition lead you to try heroin. You have proved the other gentleman's point.

Thank you.
:joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
So what you are saying is that cannabis prohibition lead you to try heroin. You have proved the other gentleman's point.

Thank you.

Er, no...there were other places I could have spent my money, but It would have meant a bit of a mission and dealing with people I didn't like very much. It was late in the day and I didn't relish the idea of 5 hours on buses at that point. I had already tried Heroin several times and liked it, this was the 1st time I bought any. I was probably subconciously looking for any excuse by that point.

Whether drugs were legal or not, I would have done smack. I was obsessed with drugs and the idea that you can change the way you are feeling by eating/smoking/sniffing/injecting something, by the time I was 10.
Prohibition mixes the markets together, but there will always be junkies. It is fantasy land to pretend otherwise.
Legal Cannabis would not have stopped me using the heavy shit.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Yes and if cannabis was not prohibited you could have bought it almost everywhere, so you wouldn't have spent your money on H or worried about finding a new cannabis connection across town.

The excuse you found was that cannabis wasn't EASILY available. If it were you don't buy the H.

You may have experimented with drugs because that is your nature, but cannabis prohibition skewed your drug use towards harder drugs and less cannabis on the margin.

Not trying to pretend that cannabis freedom will end all other drug use. I just know from my experience the more ready availability of softer substances such as beer and cannabis, the more likely a user is to be contented and not go looking for the harder stuff.

I could be wrong.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Yes and if cannabis was not prohibited you could have bought it almost everywhere, so you wouldn't have spent your money on H or worried about finding a new cannabis connection across town.

The excuse you found was that cannabis wasn't EASILY available. If it were you don't buy the H.

You may have experimented with drugs because that is your nature, but cannabis prohibition skewed your drug use towards harder drugs and less cannabis on the margin.

Not trying to pretend that cannabis freedom will end all other drug use. I just know from my experience the more ready availability of softer substances such as beer and cannabis, the more likely a user is to be contented and not go looking for the harder stuff.

I could be wrong.

I wouldn't argue that less people would try harder things if they could buy without being offered them, but I don't think the difference would be that great. The vast majority of Cannabis smoker I have know never touched the heavy stuff. Maybe some Acid and E, but never the Ack drugs. Most Cannabis smokers IME look down on people who have used/do use hard drugs... I am beyond the pale to a lot of my old friends. They were all in the same prohibition situation as me, but their curiosity just wasn't the same as mine.
My mate who I lived with at the time was in the same boat, no Cannabis, but he wasn't interested in the smack, and was quite annoyed that I was.

anyway, Burn those Cartel ****s out.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You would be surprised. I agree that the conditioning of most is to turn their noses up at those that have experimented with harder drugs, but once we can get over the cannabis propaganda that all tokers must face, we are much more open minded to the lies of the government and the circumstances of our family members who experimented a little farther a field.

PS You aren't allowed to say C U N T S here, we are busy speaking of schedule ONE drug use and human equality ;)

Jhhnn

Veteran
You don't get it...

With the legalization of cannabis... all the other drug usage goes way down. Hell... the majority of construction workers in this nation do meth... because it doesn't show up on their piss tests more than 3 days later.

They'd MUCH rather be using cannabis but that shows up in urine even a month later for some folks. :tiphat:

Keep it Clean! :D

Yeh, but I *do* get it. I've been around a long time, and probably more than I'm proud to admit.

While legalization will likely mean more cannabis consumption, it doesn't mean that people will change their drugs of choice. Hardly. I didn't get strung out on booze & freebase years ago because I couldn't get pot. I did it because I loved the high, even though it nearly killed me. I gave up pot smoking as well, because I had to give up the life to survive. Now things have changed to the point where I don't have to try to live that life to toke. I don't have to be underground, connected, or risking a bust over growing my own, nor do a lot of other people here in Colorado. Thanks to our fellow Coloradoans & A64, we're legit, and neither the locals nor the DEA are likely to fuck with us if we stay that way, play their game by their rules.

They'll have to fuck with somebody else. And they will, depend on it. Increasingly so, because they can't fuck with a lot of people at this point. Right, wrong or indifferent, they'll work hard to keep their jobs, perform their assignments, breaking the balls off of various flavors of stoners & suppliers as the law allows.

That hasn't changed, nor has anything, really, in loverly places like Oklahoma, Texas & so forth. It needs to change there, too. If we can keep it together here in Colorado, that'll help push them over the edge.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Never once, have I ever thought...

"You know what would be a good substitute for mellow relaxing Cannabis, Meth, one of the most powerful stimulants known to man."
You need to wear shoes with heels or wear your hair taller... that last shot went right over your head.

People don't do meth because they want a mellow relaxing high. They do meth because they can't get the same high paying job if they use cannabis.

The whole point was the number of peeps using drugs because cannabis is prohibited. Had hash never been prohibited, you probably wouldn't have ever had a 'dealer' and if you did they would have been legal and likely to not have any traffic with heroin.

So... :tiphat:

Keep it Clean! :D

VanCitysFinest

The poor dea's just scared...
Imagine if Cannabis was legal on a federal level, more than half of the guys would be out of a job.
I guess they could try for an occupational retraining paid by the government to become garderners ( probably more needed by that time) or nurses or anything actually doing something FOR their communities. Might give them a totally new and positive perspective on life!
That would of course all have to be federally funded and subsidized, like the miners in europe f.ex.who can't all be laid off righaway just because the coal from australia is cheaper and because of that the whole industry is dying and has no future.

Then again, not sure if they can qualify for a retraining after raping the constitution for decades...Maybe they should all be sent to jail...that privat prison system needs to be fed anyways and the poeple behind that sick idea are the ones the dea probably gets their orders from in the first place...

well put brother.

justpassnthru

Veteran
FYI to you folks in CO and ones that don't know what they do and are in the bis. Most keep a very low inventory in the collective, unless they are paying off the local police with about $5K( or much more) in fines daily, to remain open after being cited to close. While they pay that fine, the feds tend to leave them alone, often, but I wouldn't plan on it.

How the feds do it here in California is;
1st time) go in and take all the buds
2nd time) go in; take the buds and everyone to jail
3rd time) they do some surveillance and stalking, get warrants for everyone, their homes and take all the money in the homes, collectives, plants..etc. And take them off to Los Angeles Federal Jail and prosecute.

Most collective owners keep nothing in their homes, or even contractors that were hired by the collective. It can get very nasty.

Those DEA guys and gals are Sociopaths. I find it difficult to believe someone walks in and takes your entire Farmacy of patients meds and then tells the proprietor.."I hate doing this and totally agree with mmj but, this is my job!"

I could never work a job I did not believe in the services or much less, ONE that destroys lives. Especially if, the pay wasn't good enough. Maybe they augment a little?

Is Washington next...That maybe the tax-man's last stand. :tumbleweed: jpt

justpassnthru

Veteran
5k in fines daily...

Got damn, talk about the cost of doing biz...

Yeh, that's nothing apparently! One guy told me, "Fined at 8AM and made wages by noon!" It was nothing, apparently.

I've heard of a place (around the corner from me)paid $20K a day and they remained open for months.

I wonder what Elliot Ness would say? jpt

Obviously, there is money in them thar weeds.

The Hatter

Veteran
Although I am the first to question the motives of the government whenever they do anything the fact that these raids seem to be so selective in who they target seems to me to indicate that those raided were caught breaking rules that others were obeying. If the feds were really just out to bust medical growers in general they would literally just pull out the phone book, call in a few hundred agents and spend the next two months busting each and every one of them listed in the yellow pages. This fruit is so low hanging its already on the ground. The fact that they have gone through and only bothered to pick out a few here and there really makes me think those few have been chosen for a reason. I would like very much to find out what that reason is.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
as a chopper flys over hella low and circled LOL Check out my new post In Cannabis Law. Not good for us Californians.

BookerAkers

I hate to see anyone get busted ever. I certainly don't trust the govt...any piece of it.

But...

Bottom line is that those that follow the rules can operate in the open without fear of incarceration. Get legal, don't get greedy, and you can make a solid living doing something you love.

Yeah. Well said.

Last edited: