What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Legalizes Recreational Marijuana!

Y

YosemiteSam

Babylon finally develops a crack...not long til the walls tumble down now.

i hope there is a big case soon, i hope the feds raid some property, and i hope the landowners defend it with their lives. if i still lived in the states i would send them pictures of plants and my address, and get my rpg's ready.

Obsidian

Veteran
"The Department of Justice is reviewing the ballot initiatives and we have no additional comment at this time."
"We are concerned with people who are using it as a pretext to become large-scale drug dealers."

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Gov. Hickenlooper said Tuesday night.

OZZ_

Veteran
Everyone should expect no less.

If you read the article though... no one from the DEA out right says they are going to ignore anything.

All they say is that as of now its still a controlled substance... and the department of Justine is reviewing the ballot.

No one ....anywhere... says anything about opposition.

All they are saying is that its illegal now... and the DOJ is reviewing it.

The title of that article came from the media ... not the DEA .

Don't get me wrong its probable they will oppose it... but they aren't claiming that now. Sounds to me like they are just stating what the law currently is... and that they are waiting to see what the DOJ determines .

OZZ_

Veteran
In otherwords ..as of now... I'm still gonna do my happy happy joy joy dance.

:p

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

An excerpt from the text:

"We are concerned with people who are using it as a pretext to become large-scale drug dealers."

Now, with fewer resources and a growing number of backyard growers I think that the DEA efforts will be overwhelmed in Colorado to be effective.

I wonder if this will draw the heat off of California both the DEA and the growing number of commercial grow ops.

minds_I

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Colorado voted to legalize smoking marijuana Tuesday, but the governor warned tokers not to "break out the Cheetos or Goldfish" just yet, since the federal government still takes a dim view of pot.

The Centennial State joined Washington in becoming the first states to legalize recreational use of marijuana Tuesday night, setting up a battle between the states and the federal government, which prohibits use of the drug. The historic votes were among a host of decisions on ballot initiatives that will shape state-level policy on everything from recreational drug use to same-sex marriage. But Gov. John Hickenlooper, who opposed the marijuana measure, said the federal government still considers marijuana taboo, so breaking out the bong could be premature.

“The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will,” Hickenlooper said. “This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or Goldfish too quickly.”

Click to read the exit polls

The Colorado measure has sparked a national debate about marijuana policy, with supporters pushing for the federal government to end marijuana prohibition nationwide. The Colorado measure states adults over 21 can possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana, or six marijuana plants, for personal use. Opponents have said it will make the state a haven for drug tourists.

The measure in Washington State, Initiative 502, will legalize and regulate the production, possession and distribution of marijuana for residents age 21 and older.

The new law will impose a 25 percent tax rate on marijuana when the grower sells it to the processor, when the processor sells it to the retailer and when the retailer sells it to the customer. The measure could bring in $500 million, a figure analysts dispute.

“That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don’t break out the Cheetos or Goldfish too quickly.”

- Gov. John Hickenlooper

Voters in Oregon, where the pro-marijuana advocates were less organized and poorly funded, defeated a ballot measure that would have allowed the commercial growth and sale of marijuana to adults. Known as Measure 80, it would have legalized pot through state-licensed stores, allowed unlicensed growth and use of marijuana by adults and prohibit restrictions on pot.

In Arkansas, voters rejected a measure legalizing medical marijuana, while in Massachusetts, voters supported a similar measure. Massachusetts also voted on a physician-assisted suicide measure, but that result was too close to call early Wednesday.

Maine and Maryland residents approved same-sex marriage, giving the gay rights movement its latest victories. Washington voters also voted on a same-sex marriage measure, but the results are not yet known because voters there had to mail in their decisions. In Minnesota voters were deciding on a proposal to ban gay marriage in the state constitution.

Maine’s ballot measure signaled the first time that gay-rights supporters put the issue to a popular vote.

In both Maryland and Washington, gay-marriage laws were approved by lawmakers and signed by the governors earlier this year, but opponents gathered enough signatures to challenge the laws.

In Minnesota, the question was whether the state would join 30 others in placing a ban on gay marriage in its constitution. Even if the ban is defeated, same-sex marriage would remain illegal in Minnesota under statute.

Gay marriage is legal in six states and the District of Columbia – in each case the result of legislation or court orders, not by a vote of the people.

In Maryland, students brought to the United States illegally as children, won their fight to obtain in-state tuition breaks at the state's public colleges and universities. It also helps some illegal immigrants who graduate from high school in Maryland.

The Associated Press contributed to this repor

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ot-initiatives/?test=latestnews#ixzz2BZaPsxpX

T

TribalSeeds

Babylon finally develops a crack...not long til the walls tumble down now.

Babylon... really? Did you not just watch the same elections I did? Seems like the system is running in full effect and the people are compliant.
As exciting as this is for cannabis, it will not do anything to the system. We are right back to where we started with the same jokers in the same seats. Now that the election is over they can get back to the business of raping us.
We will hold another election where we choose between bullshit vs bullshit. No power has changed hands anywhere in the world!
At least we are one step closer to freeing the herb! Once the USA cracks this mindless global enforcement bs will end.
This is not the first crack. This system can barely support itself and yet everyday there is a stronger hold on us.

Y

YosemiteSam

not on me bruh...i was born free and will remain so until I die...at least in my mind

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I am a CO med card holder and the med program seems to work well, but the banks won't work with the dispensaries to give them accounts and a way to process CC's. This will be fun to watch the feds spin around. I don't think they want to mess with States Rights, but I wonder if the feds will preempt and say fed laws supersede state laws?

sso

Veteran
colorado.

even a cool name.

now i want to move there, shame about the federal.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Much love to Colorado and Washington, for looking past the lining in their pockets and doing whats right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Green with envy :woohoo::yay::jump::party:

TexMex McDirt

"The Department of Justice is reviewing the ballot initiatives and we have no additional comment at this time."

That is precisely the sort of bullshit response I would expect from the DEA. Here is what they probably understand, but won't admit to though, because they are acting merely out of self preservation... If cannabis production and sale can be regulated by the states, much like alcohol, drug dealers who sell pot will, for the most part, go away. If the only market left to sell to illegally is to those under 21, children, how many folks really want that market? If everyone over 21 can either grow it themselves or go buy it from a regulated business, that puts the black market dealers out of business. Now, could an adult sell some weed to a kid? Yea, but the great majority would not. Anyways, that is my 2 cents on that load of horseshit from the fucking DEA.

Cheers Colorado and Washington! Well done!!!

Mahalo,
Tex