What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Cool first post. Most people start with questions not with "advice" by linking other websites...

You should try some of the threads here. You can learn a lot of different other ways to Grow Marijuana.

Welcome to Icmag.

Aribe

Message for italians growers:
Per chi vive sopra i 600 metri è il periodo dell'anno buono per iniziare con fungicidi preventivi, io che vivo a ridosso delle montagne ho giá notato alcuni sintomi di oidio (zona umida), attenzione!!
Un saluto! :D

Outdoor contaier grow question....drainage

Outdoor contaier grow question....drainage

Hello fellow ganjaphiles!
I am trying the largest container grows I have ever conceived. For me anyways. One is a 50 gallon acrylic cube and the other a 40 gal rubber made type container. While one is an expendable p o c the other could have future use.

Can I layer the containers medium mabye even use an aquarium pump to get o2 there or is drainage a must? Has anyone tried no drainage on something so big? I guess its starting to sound like a half assed organic dwc project..... but yeah are you out there?

Rodehazrd

Hello fellow ganjaphiles!
I am trying the largest container grows I have ever conceived. For me anyways. One is a 50 gallon acrylic cube and the other a 40 gal rubber made type container. While one is an expendable p o c the other could have future use.

Can I layer the containers medium mabye even use an aquarium pump to get o2 there or is drainage a must? Has anyone tried no drainage on something so big? I guess its starting to sound like a half assed organic dwc project..... but yeah are you out there?

I use two 30 gal rubermaid tubs one inside the other. the bottom one has 6" sanitary Tees (sewer pipe) to rest the top one on. I cut in a 6" net pot in the bottom of the top one and pack it with rockwool then add media. fill lower with 6"water and the netpot wicks it up. then just keep lower one filled. I put an airstone in the bottom too with a solar power air pump I got at the home depot. outdoors you need to put a drain 8" up for heavy rains.
:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 45

badmf

Three can keep a secret ;if two are dead!! correction don't tell anybody and don't have partners ever! just suck up the workload it will pay off long term, I have had partners it never ever works! either they steal or don't share workloads fairly, just don't do it!!