What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about Cal-Mag?

Is it possible to foliar with botanicare Cal-Mag. If so how much should I use. Is this an effective way to use this product?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I've foliar-sprayed with it and had some issues on some NL X Sk plants.

Nothing major but a little bit of tip burn and some spotting in spite of the fact the plants are very fert tolerant. I've had better luck with an organic Cal/Mag supplement and/or lime.

May I ask what issue(s) you're trying to resolve? Cal Mag deficiency? Have you confirmed the source of the issue? Just thought I'd ask . . . Are you in soil, or is this in your 1000W multi-bucket grow?

The foliar didn't kill my plants, and they didn't get stunted. I'll post back with how much I used, I have it in my journal somewhere . . .

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Is it possible to foliar with botanicare Cal-Mag. If so how much should I use. Is this an effective way to use this product?

Ive yet to foliar feed with Cal/Mag, but I have foliar fed with veg nutes before. Stick with 1/6 to 1/8th to avoid any burning. I first tried it at 1/4th and got burn.