What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions, Part I/III

Her Majesty

Hello, ICMAG Forums!

I have a couple of questions I really need answered as I'm new at growing, so any help will be much appreciated. All my questions are below and are each categorized - not all my questions will be concerning 'Nutrients and Fertilizers', but a fair majority of them will be. Each question will be numbered and separated by one line.

When answering, please don't answer with a single word or phrase, as this gets very annoying, and defeats the purpose of you actually posting - so I thank you ahead of time for both viewing my thread and hopefully responding with some useful information.

I would very much like to know about the botany and genetics of the marijuana plant itself, so if you have any good links concerning this subject - I would be most appreciative.

If you see a parenthesis with the letter "S" with a semicolon next to it and a letter - this represents a link in which I have read and thought was useful in answering that question. S = SOURCE. All text will be italicized. Example: (S:1).

As for my personal information, I will be growing indoors. I have my script, and I can grow legally. That is all you need to know. I am here only to get my questions answered, not chat online or make friends - my apologizes if I seem harsh, it's just a matter of privacy that I don't want breached.

Foliar Feeding said:
[1]: What is foliar feeding, and how is it useful?

[2]: Are there any chemicals that would be harmful to give to your plants thru this process? (S:1)

[3]: What do you use to "feed" the plant; needle, drip system, etc.? (S:1, S:2)

[4]: In what ways would this technique benefit you more than just regular feeding? How would targeting the leaves be an advantage?

[5]: Could you the same technique be performed on the plant's root system or branches?

[6]: Could you use this technique as your main way of supplying the plant with it's nutrients?

Soils and Fertilizers said:
[1]: Is there a website solely dedicated to plant soil/fertilizer recipes? Is there a thread located on ICMAG Forums somewhere that would be equivalent?

[2]: Would using your leftovers ash from your house-hold ashtrays for soil/fertilizer be a good idea? It would only be marijuana ash - no tobacco or any other chemicals.

[3]: Would just perlite and sand do the trick, or would the plant itself require more soil variety?

[4]: What recipes would be good with human urine? (S:1, S:2, S:3)

[5]: Could you grow your plant IN a liquid fertilizer given there was a hydroponics system to flush your growing container when needed?

[6]: Would a small amount of baking soda do my plant some good?

[7]: If you crushed Marinol pills up, would this be a good soil/fertilizer if mixed with a variety of other soil/fertilizers?

Gravitropism said:
[1]: Would using this technique differ from regular growing (straight up, vertical growing)?

[2]: Roots grow in the direction of gravitational pull, does the gravitational pull change throughout the year suggesting a better time of year to grow?

[3]: How would foliar feeding affect this technique?

Miscellaneous said:
[1]: How would you cover up the plants scent without affecting the plant in any way possible?

[2]: In what ways could weakening your plant do it good later on? Could you poison-then-recover your plant to make it stronger or even more potent?

[3]: Would reflecting the light upwards underneath the leaves promote healthy leaf growth or even speed up growth process?

[4]: Could you get bees to pollinate your marijuana plant? If so, how would this affect it?

[5]: Could you grow your plants halfway in the dirt, exposing half of it to air and the other half to soil/fertilizer? Would this work for a hydroponics system as well (meaning the "soil/fertilizer" from above becomes water).

[6]: Could you literally extract all the trichomes off of one marijuana plant and "sprinkle" (as in, "append" or "infuse") them onto another, thus making it more potent? What if you used a plant different from your marijuana plant to originally extract your trichomes?

Breeding said:
[1]: How would inbreeding affect your plant / your plants potency?

[2]: Could you mix the pollen from something to encourage plant growth / or maybe make a new strain, etc.?

[3]: Could you take pollen from another plant, and put them on your marijuana plant?

Seeds / Germination said:
[1]: Can you induce rooting hormone into a seed, causing faster growth?

[2]: Can you germinate your seeds in anything other than water, and still have yourself a healthy plant?

[3]: Could you add dye to change the color of your plant / or even the flower clusters?

I will be posting more questions later, after all of these get answered - so, hopefully within a few weeks. I thank you once again for helping me with all of these questions, as I have had these stuck in my head for the longest time and finally thought I'd ask them.

Regards,
Her Majesty (yes, it's a Beatles reference :xmasnut:)

C

chytil151

well If you use the search engine all you need to do to answer a lot of your questions is click on the search tab and go to advanced search then go to search titles only. most of the time you will find what you are looking for from just a key word or phrase. Another thing and I respect your privacy issue but a lot of the time we need more info about your set up and not your personal Info to help you along your path to success. good luck

Her Majesty

I have looked up all of these above, and have gotten bad answers or answers that just don't seem feasible. I've heard lots of good things about this site, so Google is out of the question. I want actual people responding, it's just a sense of security I guess.

I appreciate the response, and will gladly give any information that's not too personal. Are you asking about my grow-op? It's in my closet. What information would you need? I'm new, like I said - don't know what would be useful or I would have posted that above with the questions.

Amphiphile

Get real dude...

Get real dude...

Man, except for your introduction, you did not catch the spirit of the forum. Here people cooperate to build a community based on the share of opinions.
None here will force you to help the community, but you cannot open a thread saying "do not bother me and simply ask my questions", and after that you simply apologize by saying "do not want to seem harsh". Do not be worried about that: you did not SEEM harsh, you WERE harsh.

There are a lot of people here sharing their knowledge and time trying to help other people without taking a single cent for that. The knowledge are free and available to everyone. Simply use the "SEARCH" function on the upper side of the page and find by yourself all the info you need "her majesty"...

Here everyone is welcome and if you do not want to be pissed off by our common mortals, well simply use this place as database. But when you post here you accept to be part of our community.

Simply you did not understand the spirit of our community. Turn off the pc, open your door and go for a walk. Go in a park and take some deep breaths of fresh air. Look at the world around you, then when you feel you get your ideas straight come back home and read again your post. Then if you feel like you did a mistake, you are on the good way to get an answer.

By the way, if "her majesty" had gone to the trouble of using the SEARCH function would have thought that half the question are senseless, while while would have found by yourself the answers to the other half.

If you do not want to actively learn how to grow, I advice "her majesty" to send one of her minions to a Dispensary with your script and buy there her medicine and while smoking, just think about all the people around the globe that not legally grow their own to feel that pain relieve, risking the jail for that. :booked:

Geez man, you spread some really bad karma in the forum. :puke:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
You're grossly overcomplicating things. It's a weed. Plant it, water it and leave it alone. If you want to play with something, that's what pockets are for.

You're asking us to do your work for you. When you can provide the answers to all the questions above, then you'll be ready to ask questions.

Read all pertinent links in the LINK-O-RAMA and Library of Links Grow a couple of plants and then come back with questions. IC is happy to help but, you have to give us something to work with. If you're unwilling to hold up your end, you can't expect us to do it for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts