What's new

Anyone Try A.N. Juicy Roots Cloning Gel?

jawnroot

Saw this at the local hydro shop, and was intrigued. I poked around the forum, and found a handful of responses -- all positive, except for one negative (but probably user error, from what I could read).

Here's a link:

Juicy Roots Cloning Gel

Anyone give it a go? If so, how'd it work out?

indifferent

Veteran
All cloning gels are just gelatine with Indole Butyric Acid added, some also have Naphthalene Acetic Acid and/or Indole Acetic Acid added. If this AN one has all three, I'd buy it, if it hasn't, go for whatever the cheapest cloning gel in the store is, they all work.

The AN blurb page for Juicy roots is typical AN marketing garbage, they just plaster the phrase 'huge yields' all over it, and my BS sensor went off as soon as I read this sentence:

"In fact, Juicy Roots looks and acts like a cloning gel but it’s also a bloom booster!"

BULLSHIT

Then this little gem:

"We’ve Made Better Cloning Produce Bigger Harvests"

BULLSHIT

http://www.advancednutrients.com/landing_pages/juicy_roots_landing.html

jawnroot

I'm not so much interested in the ridiculous claims (which I recognize as ridiculous), but the unique applicator, which seems like it might make things more convenient. But then, I can always spoon out a little rootech...

...hmm. Is it worth the premium over other gels, just for the applicator?

G

Guest 18340

I'm using JuicyRoots right now. It works as good as the Rootech gel and Schultz powder I have.
As far as I know, Rootech is much stronger than JuicyFruit (0.1% vs .55%).
And like indifferent pointed out, their are some bullshit claims printed on the bottle.
"Discover the new gel that gives you bigger harvests" :YaRight:, shame on you AN.
Really, I bought it for the applicator bottle, makes it easier to squeeze gel into the hole in the RR plugs.
Like indifferent said, they all work.

indifferent

Veteran
We have different brands in the UK and I've used Clonex, Baby Bio Roota, some others, they are 0.1% IBA (Indole Butyric Acid) and all work, currently I'm using Growing Success Organic Rooting Gel, seems to work okay too, it's probably made from seaweed.

There's no magic bullets for cloning success but I can highly recommend House & Garden's Roots Excelurator, I soak my plugs in it and it really does encourage rapid rooting. I also find rapi rooters/root riots work better than rockwool cubes, but I don;t mind using rockwool.

I find it hard to look favourably at AN when they write BS marketing claims like they do, but hey, their products work, shame they are expensive and they BS so much.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
But then, I can always spoon out a little rootech...

You don't need to spoon it out unless it makes things easier. I've been using the same bottles of Hormex and Olivia's for 9 years. I pour out the Hormex into a smaller container but, pour unused portions back into the bottle. I dip directly in the Olivia bottle.

jawnroot

You don't need to spoon it out unless it makes things easier. I've been using the same bottles of Hormex and Olivia's for 9 years. I pour out the Hormex into a smaller container but, pour unused portions back into the bottle. I dip directly in the Olivia bottle.

Nice, good to know. Makes things easier on me. Rootech it is. At $2.50 for the small bottle, it's pretty damn hard to beat.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I've used it. Free sample. It works but what is nice about it is it is a gel, and easy to work with.

FinestKind

I've used it, wasn't terribly impressed with the results, then again other factors could have been in play. None the less, it didn't blow me away... I've since been turned on to DipN'Grow, and again although it's only one factor, definitely had some very quick and healthy roots from that one. In the end, I'm not really sure there's much difference between any of them, but I like the DipN'Grow concentrate idea, detailed instructions make it feel a bit more professional than a lot of the hyped up gels.

Latest posts

Latest posts