What's new

injecting nutes?

re9volt

Hello,

Friend of mine is growing, and we have been having discussions on best ways to administer nutrients.

Using Fox Farm nutes like big bloom and tiger bloom, superthrive, and molasses. Growing in a mix of FFOF and happy frog with humic and mycorrhizae.

Is there any danger, or reason why you shouldn't inject nute solutions directly to the roots?

I am a little more oldschool in thinking that you should feed the entire soil, not the plant. I also think that having the entire soil filled with nutes will cause the plant/roots to be healthier as it will have to "work" in finding the nutes, and encourage root stimulation and growth. I am also wondering if having the nutes injected down to the root zone directly could "burn" the roots/plant , without the soil being able to filter out a certain amount.

At the moment, he has tubes in soil that go down to root zone, with stoppers on them.Water nute mixture is injected down tube and watered mostly around base of plant.

any thoughts, or links to information would be great!

Peace.

SuperConductor

Veteran
There's what you've said and also the fact that when watering from the top waste gasses are expelled and fresh air is sucked in, roots need oxygen as well as nutes.

I've got to say I've never heard of such a covoluted unnessecary watering technique :) why doesn't he just go hydro if he wants to mess about with tubes and such?

Amphiphile

Just think about that overnute a plant with a diluted solution is pretty easy, then the more concentrate the solution the easier is burning a plant. A friend of mine did the same while flowering... he simply end up with a totally yellow plant with ridiculous buds that had no smell and almost no potency.
Definitely the best way to ruin a crop.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds to me, he's just watering the soil like everyone else

injecting nutrients would mean sticking a syringe into the stem, by my definition..

Latest posts

Latest posts