What's new

MaxiGro & MaxiBloom on Soil?

jawnroot

I've been looking for an inexpensive and easy to use nutrient formula. I stumbled upon MaxiGro and MaxiBloom, and they seem about perfect for my needs. It's advertised as being soil friendly, and I intend to use it this way.

With that in mind, does anyone use these formulas on soil? If so, at what concentrations? I don't want to burn...

hazy

Veteran
they work great, but i don't know about using them with soil but it probably is fine. Soil should have micro nutrients and things. Why not just grab a bag of coco and use the maxibloom. you don't even need the grow.

jawnroot

Sounds interesting, and I'd love to use Coco. I've heard it can be kinda temperamental though, with pH and salts and all that. But then, the Maxi products are good at keeping pH well buffered...

...whacha think?

G

Guest 18340

This is Mosca's C99 BX. It was grown in 100% coco, Maxibloom and tap water. (I didnt even ph it, left it as is).
Coco is not temperamental AT ALL, I can assure you of that.
Maxibloom at 1 tsp/gal will give you a Lucas type formula. You can use Maxibloom for veg and flower.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=151012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats my current run of C99 and I'm using Maxibloom and tap.
To answer your original question, Maxibloom ABSOLUTELY works great in soil as well. I use it on all my outddor potted MJ plants. In soil, I feed every 4 waterings.

G

Guest 18340

they work great, but i don't know about using them with soil but it probably is fine. Soil should have micro nutrients and things. Why not just grab a bag of coco and use the maxibloom. you don't even need the grow.

Maxibloom has all the micro nutrients needed. (Or did I misunderstand your statement?):redface:

I have been using grow and bloom in soil for about a year now.the only thing i do to it is raise the ph a little.this is with RO water.i start out with just a 1/4 of a tsp when there about six inches tall and go from there.bumping it up each week.

G

Guest 18340

I have been using grow and bloom in soil for about a year now.the only thing i do to it is raise the ph a little.this is with RO water.i start out with just a 1/4 of a tsp when there about six inches tall and go from there.bumping it up each week.

If I may ask, whats your ph before adjusting? At full strength (1tsp/gal) my ph is 5.5
Been thinking of bumping the ph higher, to 6, to make more of the cal/mag available.