What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

snowkitty

BTW. I only throw away the stems, stalks, growing medium, etc. My partner takes the leaves for his bubble hash machine! That's a good way to recycle them. Heheheh. You still end up with a soggy, smelly mess to dispose of, but it's been put to good use.

zoidb3rg

BTW. I only throw away the stems, stalks, growing medium, etc. My partner takes the leaves for his bubble hash machine! That's a good way to recycle them. Heheheh. You still end up with a soggy, smelly mess to dispose of, but it's been put to good use.

How's the hash from it?

A

Amstel Light

im curious could you feed them to worms for casings? maybe it would create mad pot disease?

sleepyrz

ONCE ALL USEFUL MATERIAL HAS BEEN EXTRACTED IT IS DRIED AND BURNED

NO EVIDENCE LEFT TO FIND

ALL THIS PUT IN BAG CRAP IS STILL LEAVING EVIDENCE

JUST BURN IT

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
^^Agreed.^^

Burn it, or hit it with a lawn mower or chipper or something. I compost mine under yards of compost. When I lived in an apartment, I used to use empty laundry detergent bottles to stuff stems and fans and root balls in, and take em right to the recycling center bins.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
I've clogged toilets and garbage disposals to the point of having to dismantle them. Watch out.

Yeah! once your stem fibers stop up your garbage disposal DON'T use a plunger to push it down. After a little you will put so much pressure on your pipes under the sink the will just bust where 2 pipes connect. Chopped up weedy water everywhere.

I should know, i've done it in 2 houses and an apartment. :nanana:

:fsu:

(i know... that's it. i won't go for a fourth.)

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Hehe I plugged a drain or two myself... What a heart pounding nightmare of a situation that can be. I envisioned my leaves coming up through my neighbors toilet bowl and shower LOL. Luckily plumbers arn't quick to pull shit from the drain and inspect it LOL.. Around here though you cant burn shit in the backyard either. The cops can come and ticket you for that alone.. Nevermind when they see what's actually being burnt hehe..

I compost what I can.. The remainder I chop up and bury out in the yard. The plastic nute bottles, and the like I dispose of in the trash of a safe address where no grow is going on...

snowkitty

ONCE ALL USEFUL MATERIAL HAS BEEN EXTRACTED IT IS DRIED AND BURNED

NO EVIDENCE LEFT TO FIND

ALL THIS PUT IN BAG CRAP IS STILL LEAVING EVIDENCE

JUST BURN IT

Sorry...where I live burning would be waaaaaaay more evidence to way too many prying eyes. I've got to use a bag as much as I wish I had another way.

rando

How to dispose of plants

How to dispose of plants

I live in a very populated part of the city - how do I dispose of 2 or 3 male plants that are about 12 inches tall? Obviously my trashcan doesn't seem like a good option, nor does a neighbor's. I want to know both where to put them and how to prepare them for disposal...

Suggestions?

A

Amstel Light

be careful with the toilet! feed it slowly, are you will be renting a snake or calling a very VERY cool plumber... here are my methods
1) food processor to toilet or garbage disposal, again even tho its pureed feed slowly in garbage disposal..had to dismantle plumbing on mine to clear clog...

2)fireplace late night early morning......best in the winter months unless an emergency..

3) paper grocery bag....until dry then just crumble well and follow steps 2-3... or throw in yard before mowing ....kinda dangerous but the easiest..

master shake

be careful with the toilet! feed it slowly, are you will be renting a snake or calling a very VERY cool plumber... here are my methods
1) food processor to toilet or garbage disposal, again even tho its pureed feed slowly in garbage disposal..had to dismantle plumbing on mine to clear clog...

2)fireplace late night early morning......best in the winter months unless an emergency..

3) paper grocery bag....until dry then just crumble well and follow steps 2-3... or throw in yard before mowing ....kinda dangerous but the easiest..

I no longer flush a single leaf down the toilet...learned my lesson

just chop em up into a bag and throw it in a public trash can or dumpster

rootfingers

I have the same problem at a metropolitan spot of mine. What I have been doing is waiting till its rainy and just driving it out of the city to dump in a wooded area. Thing is I never go back to the same area so I feel like I am running out of places to go. Always a paranoid drive too, but I think your chances of getting pulled over (provided that you are driving properly) are less. Also, the rain will help decompose your waste faster.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
like brother bare said sometimes when i used to grow here where i am now i would triple bag and throw it in the trash can at the gas station or the 1 at the coffe store ,go to the car wash they go the vaccum stations with trash cans

rando

Liking the suggestions so far. :D

Burying is not an option - tar and concrete as far as the eye can see. :/

It sounds like the best option might be to bag it up really well and dump it in a public can...

Mr. Stinky

id move outta the city... :smoke:

you can run it with some water in the blender then down the drain or toilet...or get one of those barrel composters:2cents: