What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning by Home made Clone Tray

i4disperai

hi guys,it s my second time that I clone with a clone tray.
the first experiment was not perfect so only a few cut rooted but this rooted so good.
i m also using a dome.

i got two main problems : PH and water temperature..

nobody is using a clone tray ?

i4disperai

this rooted like that in 10 days

Attachments

• IMG_20160619_115519[1].jpg
    IMG_20160619_115519[1].jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 41

i4disperai

I'm using 1 water pump 1000 l/h with no air pump.
water temperature in couple days go to 30 C° degrees, and the ph from 6 goes up to 8.5 also if i adjust, with ph down, in half day it goes up to 8.5.
but no worry, in 7 days I saw the first roots coming out.

this time im not adjusting ph

and i ' m thinking to add some roots stimularor al the water, i used bottle water and osmosis water mixed in a half.

i'm using BAC , anybody knows if bac roots stimulator works in aeroponic?

thanks guys . PEace

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_145939[1].jpg
    IMG_20160604_145939[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20160604_145725[1].jpg
    IMG_20160604_145725[1].jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
rooting

rooting

Your temperature and pH are both too high. Try adjusting the pH BEFORE putting in the plants. Vinegar works well. Try to get down to a pH of 6.2 or so.

I tried putting in nutrients, had a slime problem like you couldn't believe.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vinegar

Vinegar

I use white vinegar (acetic acid) and have not had any problems since with my Klone machine.

What would you recommend to acidify with in this case of high pH? Citric acid?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nitric acid

Nitric acid

Here in Peru it is not available. In fact, you would go to jail if found with some. One needs a very special permit to purchase acids, whether muriatic, nitric or sulfuric. This is due to the huge coke biz here....

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
distilled water

distilled water

Distilled water from my distiller that I used for drinking water runs about 6.8 por so here. Your distilled water is acid? That's strange.

The distilled water is a good idea. I've tried vinegar and lemon juice before and I believe they sort of killed the smell and taste of the flowers a little bit.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
low pH of distilled water?

low pH of distilled water?

Even in the internet every talks about 6.8 to 7 pH for the pH of distilled water. Something don't jive.

i4disperai

cause there s no salt inside, u ll be desidrated..
soo..we are 2 weeks cloning tha cuts and they have a lots of long white roots...

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you wash your hands with salty water? Of course not.

There is more than enough "salts" in your food. In fact, most folk are super salted down.

Test you second urine of the day, prior to eating or drinking anything and let's see where you are.

High salt causes your body to make cholesterol to protect your veins from the high salt levels in your blood. All that genetic stuff is crap. Kids generally follow the diet of their parents.

My salts were super high and then I learned to drink distilled water. Best thing I ever did.:thank you: