What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Micro's Dual PC Case, Hydro, HPS/CFL, 3 Strain Grow (with pics!)

I2KanGrow

Hey M.M. - I got some skunk #1 seeds as a freebie - good to know that they're gonna be worth more then what I paid for them!!!

So, you're growing it in a micro?? I figured that you wouldn't be able to get much yield from a high % Sativa... SO it can be done, eh?

Got Pics?????????

Doh, look up!!!!

Last edited:

Mr_Micro

Hey guys and gals! :wave:
Last night was the Skunk #1 harvest and oohh man was I excited! :woohoo:

I was pretty out of practice when it comes to trimming and manicuring, so I think it took me about 4 hours to do the whole Skunk #1 plant. The room reaked of Skunk funk so strong it burned my sinuses, but in a good way LOL

The first step for a good clean harvest was to was to build a drying box. For a compact and decently stealthy design that was cheap and easy to make on a day's notice I chose Red Greenery's design! I did make a few little modifications to it however, such as adding a rack on the bottom I made out of wood and some window screen to hold the tiny little popcorn buds and putting some window screen over the intake to keep out any bugs and dust.

Now that the drying box was complete, time for the chop chop! Heres a pic of the whole Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 plant before the trimming!

Several hours later we have a nicely trimmed harvest and a whole buncha resin coated leaves that will surely make some fine hash after dried and frozen.

Now it's on time to hang the big buds up to dry and put the little popcorn buds on the drying rack.

The rack goes into 10 gallon rubbermaid drying box, and the drying box gets slid under my desk between my PC case grow boxes.

As I mentioned earlier, this harvest also yeilded a very nice ammount of extremely resinous leaves that will be dried and frozen to be seived for kif to press into hash! A good grower (especially a micro grower) wastes nothing! Heres a pic of the leaves and my seiving box.

Another reward from this harvest was a nice little ball of scissor hash! It will be saved though to be pressed together with the scissor hash I collect from the upcoming harvests of the two Bubblegums and the True Blueberry :smoke:

I hope you enjoyed this little visual walkthrough of my Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 harvest! I will be harvesting one of the Bubblegums tomorrow night (friday) and should have some pics up of that by saturday. The second Bubblegum plant is still a few weeks away from harvest and the True Blueberry is still a week or so away. But when it comes time for those to be harvested, rest assured I'll be posting pics of those too along with the final dry weight from the harvests! :D

Thanks for taking the time to check out my grow and take care!

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
That's awesome, great documentation. Can't wait to see how you yielded, the plants looked amazing. Great example of the potential of PC cases.

Taliz

I feel inspired Mr Micro

Those buds look luscious

I,ve got an old pc case which i gutted today dimensions w7" d15" hieght 24"
This is my first grow, but i've done a fair bit of research.
To keep cost and heat down i'm planning on using a 125W envirolight. Is this up to the job?
Also the hydro system u use, is it like a shallower version of a bubble pot with smaller net pots? Was there plenty of room for the roots system as i here an air pump makes them grow crazy?

Regards

Last edited:

pothead82

WOW MR. Micro, you crop looks fantastic!!!!! Congrats man, you're going to be smoking some good quality weed for the next weeks, the result of 10 weeks of patience and hard work!

Hello Mr Micro :wave:
I'm a big fan of your PC layout.Thought of trying myself one shot at a microgrow.
I've seen in your pictures that you are pushing air through the filter.Doesn't that causes problems,like low circulation? :chin:
Please respond.I am very curious. :yummy:

simple

he wont be back till its all smoked up

lol im curious as to yeild as well im guessin 15g from box 1 and 22g from box 2

Last edited:
Man, all I want to know is the secret of his exhaust.How did he managed to push through that scrubber with just PC fans.
I still can't figure it out :chin:

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
looks like a pro-stealth grow man. very nice thread and good job with those cannabis plants. K+

thats how most ppl end their micro grows, specifically pc grows.. like theyll show a part of a nug.. or a nug or 2 from harvest or only show the wet nugs.or a pic of the bud before chop at some obscure angle. and then reply its all gone now or something else... almost like they are ashamed of their yield or something.. BE PROUD of your yields guys. micro growing is an art. and it takes skill to be a micro grower.. i think he probly did alright on this harvest and i am very interested in the results.remember he had like 3 more to go right? peace.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
dude06version said:
thats how most ppl end their micro grows, almost like they are ashamed of their yield or something.. BE PROUD of your yields guys. micro growing is an art. and it takes skill to be a micro grower.. i think he probly did alright on this harvest and i am very interested in the results.remember he had like 3 more to go right? peace.

you may be right.. but sometimes its just because the grower has better stuff do do instead of sitting on a chair and screen, hes got his weed now!
:woohoo:

hehe peas :wave:

Budless

Very nice grow Mr. Micro! Kudos! Those plants look frosty and amazing. I hope they smoke well for you.

BTW I love your avatar. It embodies the stealth forum :p

Budless

In another container. Its pretty unreasonable to keep a mother in the same area. You could, but you could only grow one other plant in there and it would have to be sectioned off, even then you still have to vent both area's and that would be very challenging to overcome without exposing the mother to the light cycles of the other plant.

The grow looks great! I'm very interested in your numbers, but more interested in the quality of the smoke produced from your hydro setup. I may be crafting one much like it in the future.

Mr_Micro

After many months of being absent I think it's time to bring this thread back from the dead with final dry weights and plenty o' juicy nug shots!

First off, I gotta say I'm sorry to everyone here who followed my thread for not finishing it properly. After everything was harvested and cured for a good 3 weeks I decided to have a little smoke and enjoy the fruit of my vast ammount of labor. Well, long story short I tried some Skunk #1 it gave me a nasty anxiety attack... then I tried some True Blueberry a few days later and the same thing happened!

It has been many years since I last smoked and it used to be no problem for me, but I sampled all 4 varieties that I grew and every single one gave me an anxiety attack and made me feel really sick. My taste buds thought every single puff was mindblowingly delicious, but it seems that the rest of my body just don't like the herb as much as it used to.
After that I just kind of lost intrest in my growing and ended up giving the vast majority of my harvest away to friends. Fortunately my friends absolutely loved it and thought it was all without a doubt the best bud they had every smoked, so at least it didn't go to waste! I still kept a few nugs stashed away for my personal smoke though, because I do plan on growing and trying smoking again in the very near future... if for no other reason than the fact that I love to grow and still have a bunch o' seeds sitting around that needa get grown!

But that said, here's the final dry weights...

=====================
Box A (the short 20"x18"x8" one)
=====================

DJ Short's True Blueberry - 21 Grams

Sensi Seeds's Skunk #1 - 14 grams

That brings the total yeild from my tiny PC case to 35 grams, or 1.23 ounces!

====================
Box B (the tall 26"x18"x8" one)
====================

Serious Seeds's Bubblegum - Sadly I never actually weighed it and my friends liked it the best so I've given almost all of it away, but I'm positive that it was right around 2 ounces!

Now for a few quick pictures of the full dry yield of the True Blueberry, Skunk #1, and what little I have left of the Bubblegum ---->

True Blueberry & Skunk #1 Jarred And Cured

A Look At True Blueberry & Skunk #1 Out Of The Jars

Some Closeup Looks At True Blueberry

A Closeup Look At Skunk #1

All That Remains Of About 2 Ounces Of Bubblegum

A Closeup Look At A Few Of The Larger Remaining Bubblegum Nugs

Thats it for this grow my friends! Once again, my deepest appologies to all those good people I left hanging after this grow, but hopefully this will bring some long awaited closure to this cool little PC case micro grow!

And even if I can't smoke the stuff anymore, the micro growing will continue! I've made a lot of improvements to the design of my 1 gallon SWC hydro tubs and I've also done a complete 100% light proofing on the PC case as well over the past few days. You can have it running in a pitch black room now and not a single bit of light leaks out!

So stay tuned my friends, next week I'll be making a new thread for my next big PC case grow! I'm only going to use the small PC case this time since I'm feeling a bit lazy but I still got the itch to grow. The next grow will be with Sensi Seeds's Northern Lights and possibly 1 other strain as well. My goal for the coming grow is 2 ounces, and I'm pretty darn sure I can do it this time! There were sooo many problems in this first grow and the PC case was under constant re-design through the whole thing, putting the plants through a lot of stress. So I'm pretty positive that now that I have it all dialed in perfectly that I can easily grow 2 plants to full maturity and pull 2 ounces out of this case the next time around.

So stay tuned comrades, in but a few more days my new grow will begin! In honor of Kraftwerk I think I'll call it...

Computer World II

G

the proper ending to an amazing thread, you are an excellent pc grower. your knowledge would really come in handy in the pc case growers club (if you want to check it out there is a link in my sig), all the best mr. micro :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts