What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish blowing up..

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im draggin this up from 06...I think I have Katsu's but it was gifted to me in seed form and only a few seeds..
Heres the momma and it looks very close to the pics of Katsu's ver...Ive got a few beans of the 3lb ver also but now see I may need to locate this Katsu version...Is He a priv breeder, seed Co breeder or still even breed?...
The pheno I have is very unique in a few ways but compares to a few also..
Put a nice hard kush together with a hard dank hashy MED type Sat and you have Blowfish..This pheno here cures to a pure smell and flav of very pungent Sage and Plastic..Better then the THseeds ver of Sage..But BFish is a more hashy,plastic/dank-mildly-spicy Sage...Its one of the 5 strongest buds Ive ever smoked in 25yrs of smokin..Grows like a dream and yielded well actually as this is a clone gen plant kept now for 2yrs and has been run in Soil and DWC..You guys are right on with harvest time as this one was at 62days and prob could of been pulled at 55-60..
FOE20

Last edited:
I have the Bf as well but I was told it was the Blue Dot. I also hear there are two different BF strains, but don't quote me on this cause this is what I was told! I still don't know which one I have but my BF flower's in 42 days and can let go longer, but my buddy takes rooted clones and just flower's them right away SOG and 42 days later he's harvesting, and he just gave me 40 clones and a mother plant so I'm happy. Along with my Critical Mass, W.W., and Chronic will make this run a good one. I'll be taking the BF into the Veg room for a bit not SOG. BTW CM is an awesome yielding smoke, and is nothing like the BigBUD high, way stronger and more pungent, Shanti is the man and he made a commercial Strain that is unbelievable like it is then I advise people too check it out!!!!!! I have pics but I don't want to highjack this thread with my pics so Check out my post.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Ive yet to sample the katsu BF. But I have smoked and grown a buddies BF S-1 3lb seed i thought. And it is KILLER! Alot of resemblance in all of these..it is Blue Dot and oregon funk....didnt know about the G in it.

Here's to top of her, left to 64ish days. The top was still bustin out a ton of new pistils, and I think I'll let my next one go longer to see if I notice a big difference..

I 1st judged BF with some lower buds shortly after drying, and wasn't very impressed.. But with 2 weeks cure the flavor gets much better.. I actualy was thinking on culling her after one more run, but i may keep her for a while yet.

Katsu's cut has one of the most unique growth patterns i've ever seen on a flowering plant.. each bud is like a small bouquet of braided calyxes, fatter on top.. it's a nice plant, and easy to grow.. not the best test or high, but definately up there. I would list it in my top 10, but lower down the list.

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_1.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_2.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_3.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_4.jpg

I have the katsu cut as well and mine looks just like this when i'm giving her love! Good stuff. Really fruity fun smoke. How long you usually let her go for?

Edit: crap just noticed this was bumped for the first time in a few years....j2 is on a serious blowfish hunt! :) ...dude this is the cut I have...mine isn't being grown so well now but this is it when dialed in...i grew a few out under an old account and the internode growth is pretty unmistakable.....

Crazy Chester

I grew the 3lb Blowfish seeds quite some time ago (unfortunately, I don't still have a clone of any).

As I understand the Blowfish story, it was originally bred by Dutch Flowers, who did an extremely limited one time release (10 packs). I'm not sure if Katsu's cut was an F1 from one of those original Dutch Flowers packs. Of those ten packs, 3lb purchased one or two. They grew them out and bred the males with the females. As I recall, they then sold the resulting seeds as F2s (they also made and sold S1s from one or more of their F1 females). Several types of the F2 seeds from 3lb were sold, labelled according to the terpene profile of their respective mothers. I don't remember all of them (maybe as many as six), but I do remember Sage, Jasmine, Frankincense and Berry. I bought a pack of Berry Blowfish F2s. All ten that I popped were females. I had four or five that were Berry phenotypes and the rest were a variety of the other flavors (some different than any of the F1 females 3lb grew out). I ultimately chose a wicked Berry phenotype with loud terps and a powerful up high that finished in its sixth week of flower like the one j2criticalMASS described above. It's buds were more roundish than Katsu's cut, were wider at the bottom than at the top, and, like the one MK-Ultra described above, it was very colorful by harvest time, even without cold temps - red, yellow and blue (think Vermont in Autumn). It was very resinous, had a ceiling-less high and a terp profile that was unique and interesting. I miss her.

If Chili berkster is watching, you said that you grew Blowfish with GH nutes and was about to try her with Pure Blend Pro. I did both. I was interested in seeing which you liked more. For me GH won - hands down. It had outrageous terps and was really colorful, just beautiful. While I had similarly vigorous and very healthy plants when I grew her with Pure Blend Pro, her terps weren't as powerful and the color was more ordinary, like in the photos of Katsu's cut above.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Mimadan, me too. Although I still do have seeds (15 years old) that are half Blowfish. My Blowfish F2 seeds from 3lb turned out all female, even though they were regular seeds. Meanwhile, my S1 Trainwreck seeds from Jojorizo, were, of course, all female - except for one, which turned out to be the most vigorous of the seedlings! That's right, one of my Trainwreck S1's pre-flowered male and flowered completely male! And it was a monster - grew like crazy, was stinky and had trichomes in veg. So I flowered him out and knocked up some Blowfish. I have 19 seeds that I know I have to pop soon, but, I'm still researching the most foolproof method of old seed germination I can, because I just know those seeds have something special in them. I want to give them as good a chance as possible to germinate.