Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Pointless to eat edibles when smoking?

Thread Title Search
Pointless to eat edibles when smoking? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2016, 07:40 AM #11
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
That's like a person telling you to not drink whiskey because it will cancel your vodka buzz.
corky1968 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM #12
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
The thread title should be the other way around. Pointless to smoke if you already have been eating edibles. For real though. When I eat my cookies or caps, smoking is pointless. I can do dabs and smoke joints all day without feeling much more than the edible I had already eaten.

Good way to get your tolerance up if your gonna be going to a canna event. Munch edibles everyday for a good month, and you'll be able to smoke all day, and not pass out.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:57 AM #13
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool Hahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTripleOG View Post
The thread title should be the other way around. Pointless to smoke if you already have been eating edibles. For real though. When I eat my cookies or caps, smoking is pointless. I can do dabs and smoke joints all day without feeling much more than the edible I had already eaten.

Good way to get your tolerance up if your gonna be going to a canna event. Munch edibles everyday for a good month, and you'll be able to smoke all day, and not pass out.
My buddy brought me a Medible 150mg Banana Bread My wife cut it into three pieces and I just took one.

Of course I smoked also, we'll see how it compares to my 60mg Snickerdoodles

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is online now Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 06:06 AM #14
Old Gold

Old Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the roughOld Gold is a jewel in the rough
I love the combination of 250-500 mg edible and a whole bunch of dabs!
Old Gold is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 AM #15
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Maybe the budtender meant that having the edibles in your mouth while smoking presents unnecessary difficulties
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 12-23-2016, 02:42 PM #16
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
I know what your friend is trying to say.

The edible's d9THC is converted to 11hydroxyTHC, effectively canceling the edibles high, by occupying spaces with d9THC where there should be 11hydroxyTHC.

I get it, but that's only a theory. I had a weaker buzz going on edibles and when I smoked I was alright, but here is the thing: My high had gotten better as time went on, because I had smoked also. And the edible makes the smoke high last longer.

Can't wait to try edibles again. I think I will do a decarboxylation test. Like one on dry herb, and one on butter at 239.
angelgoob is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:02 PM #17
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
I find it is waste of time and weed smoking after taking properly made edibles. I made cannabutter with soy lecithin with 100 grams GG4 sugar leaf to 8 ounces butter. Made 50 cookies. One cookie, and I was zig zag walking, had to go to bed and was mild tripping. 1/2 half and I am really stoned. Usually eat 1/4 for a really good buzz. I think a lot has to do with how it is made. The method I use is by a guy from India, where they have been doing it for centuries. The lecithin is supposed to make it about 50% stronger.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 PM #18
Barn Owl

Barn Owl has a spectacular aura aboutBarn Owl has a spectacular aura aboutBarn Owl has a spectacular aura about
The big waste is smoking after eating a strong edible. You hardly feel it.
Barn Owl is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2017, 02:57 AM #19
JRace

JRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really niceJRace is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Owl View Post
The big waste is smoking after eating a strong edible. You hardly feel it.
Funny, when I toke after the edibles hit I get even more ripped!

Some times it is just too much
JRace is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2017, 12:35 PM #20
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
Only if the edible is weak will your smoking with it work.
angelgoob is offline Quote