What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Basil as an excuse possible?

Superauto

Thinking about having basil together with my autos.So if ever anyone notice any scent I just show them my basil plant covered with cannabis scent and let them smell it :D
Can it work or does the smell of a basil differ too much from cannabis?
And by the way, this trick is suppose to work on common people, not police dogs/men and hardcore stoners ;)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think that would have to be some really strong basil. :D Your best bet is a carbon filter to scrub the exhaust of your tent. If you are using a tent that is :)

troutman

Seed Whore
Rosemary plants smells stronger than basil.

But it's better to get carbon filtration like AgentPothead said to avoid any suspicions in the 1st place.

I also like using the Ona Block Pro when growing stinky plants. :tiphat:

Superauto

You are both right but I have only a small grow, and isnt a fan and a carbon filter suspicious itself?But I remember first time a girl started to flower, damn how it smelled :D

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If you have enough room in the tent you can fit a cannister filter and an inline exhaust with a little bit of ducting. I had my tent setup that way originally but a few plants got too big. It's in the middle of this pic My biggest issue was it cut off that middle area of light. Now that the filter is outside the tent, I can fit another plant in the middle there.

igrowone

Veteran
depends on what happens if it doesn't work out
embarrassment, eviction, or legal troubles?
not much is going to overpower weed, and those become a different kind of nuisance
plan for the worst, you'll seldom be disappointed

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Just throw some bacon on and brew some coffee. Covers any smell. People that come over assume I eat only bacon haha

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Last time I had to cover odor I simply mopped the floors with a heavy solution of Pinesol.
Worked great.

Instead of growing something like basil why not just get some essential oils like peppermint, put it on a paper towel and stick it in front of a fan . Instant air freshener.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rosemary & English Thyme placed such that passers by will rub on them causing them to put forth their strong aromas.

Any aromatic herbs out about the house will help cover the scent of cannabis but it's not likely to overpower it. If you've got a fan in your cab, fill a sock with some activated carbon and tie it to the fan. It will absorb SOME of the odors and reduce their power.

Cannabis scents are very unique as well and difficult to cover effectively.
I like the Pine Sol idea as well.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Also please remember that cover plants attract bugs that like cannabis,
so keep up with a regular pest control on all your plants.

Old raw meat scraps in the bin is a good cover, just don't let
them sit too long or the smell will make you puke, lol