What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COLUMBIA USING DRONES TO SPRAY GLYSOPHATE ON JUNGLE TO ERADICATE COCA PLANTS

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nasty shit. Surely it would be better to address the problems that cause people to risk growing coke in the first place.
Hopefully farmers can benefit from the future cannabis market in some way. I’d buy some fairtrade Colombian buds.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Follow the money. Almost guaranteed there are coca plant producers who benefit from their neighbors being wiped out.

As long as there is prohibition, there will continue to be death and suffering by the people.

Satyros

Coke depends on petroleum, I don't think there is a way to make it without, all you would get is coca leaf which is hardly a drug.

Bombardment of herbicides/pesticides is up among the most disgusting things ever done.

And yes, probably politically motivated to favor some cartel over another, no matter the cost. Colombia is so complex, it is very difficult for an outsider to understand.

igrowone

Veteran
got me to reading, really awful sounding ecological warfare
but guess what? 2 can play the game - roundup resistant coca
boliviana negra, a mysterious new cultivar of coca, roundup ready and has better yields
not a coke fan myself, but i find this kind of funny

BerrySeal

Roundup isn't the issue it's the fusarium in its wake. This isn't Columbias government it's yours. They are after your Albert Walker. Then Monsanto releases the "resistant" crops. Better start building your space station and collecting dirt now if you want your grandchildren to have a garden..

ahortator

Veteran
boliviana negra, a mysterious new cultivar of coca, roundup ready and has better yields

They really need a change in their USA puppet goverment. But instead that they voted for their new president! Which is the Uribe's doll! :crazy::wallbash:

I have remebered something. A few years ago I was strolling beside the railroad looking for some little Agave plants. Here it was common to grow Agave at the sides of the railroad as a natural fence for cows. But I only found a barren waste with no vegetal life.

I found a man there and I asked him what have happened because that place was full of Agave plants a few months ago. He told me there have been sprayed that bloody Round-Up to kill all the Agaves and Eucalyptus growing there. There were even the empty Round-Up plastic containers thrown there.

Walking alongside the rail road I found something really funny growing there as if Round-Up were a simple fertilizer for its growth. There were two beautiful purple petals poppies (Papaver somniferum ssp. setigerum) growing there :biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If this is true, then the link will be found and documented eventually. The link between who is growing the glyphosate-resistant coca, and how much they had to pay in bribes for the spraying of their competitors.