What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdog IBL

manpan

Decided to soak 10 Chemdog IBL that I got a couple of years ago. Hope they sprout. I'll make some seeds if I get males and females.

Also doing some NYCD. Try to make some crosses - Chemdog X NYCD.

ambertrichome

Veteran
I just got some genetics from Dominion Seed Company that is crossed with

Original Diesel x ( Cuddlefish Hashplant x Rez Sour Diesel IBL ) x Skelly Hashplant x 80s Super Sativa Seed Club Sk1.

150 pack drop, and were gone in 12 hours. Gonna start them in a few weeks. I got 5 packs of them. 13 seeds a pack. Im on East Coast, and he released them July 4th, hes on West Coast, so I waited up until 3am before they sold out.

manpan

They popped and I put them in solo cups. Looks like most or all of the nycd germed, but only 7 of the CD are at the seedling stage. 2 didn't pop at all, and the 3rd didn't shed the seed cap/shell and it died.

They're all pretty stretchy. Is that normal for Chemdog?

They're all in 24 light under a 100 watt HID lamp.

When they get to about 1 ft, I'll take clones and put them into 12/12 cycle.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man... Your good to go. Make more if you have the opportunity.

I only got 1 male from my CD IBL pack. I should have kept him beyond the one use I got from him.

manpan

So far so good. 6 look pretty solid and they appear to be growing pretty well. They're very stretchy. I'd say very indicative of the sativa influence.

I've had to tie them to wood skewers to give them some support because they would flop otherwise.

No nutrients yet, maybe I'll start this week. I'm not super solid on nutes, i want to go organic because I think that that would produce the best flavor. That's what did the last time with C99 and they grew pretty well with good production.

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I'm stoked for this them chemdog ibl seeds have been something I've been after so this will be awesome thread thank you!

Scrappy-doo

Wow you're sitting on gold there with that original NYCD pack. The grapefruit pheno is awesome.

Chems generally have an average amount of stretch.

manpan

I have 6 Chemdog IBLs at about 1 ft. It's not too far fetched to expect some males and some females, right?

Gonna put them into 12/12 cycle in the next day or so .. Been hot as balls here recently.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I have 6 Chemdog IBLs at about 1 ft. It's not too far fetched to expect some males and some females, right?

Gonna put them into 12/12 cycle in the next day or so .. Been hot as balls here recently.

Fuckin' awesome how are the smells on the veg plants?

manpan

Oh, they stink alright .. but I like the smell.

I'm also getting some floral notes .. not grapefruit so much, but it's a sweet smell.

I took cuttings this afternoon. My LED came in this afternoon, so I'll set that up put them into flower. They're about 1 foot tall now, so I'm expecting them to finish at 3 feet (?).

They look good. Pretty exciting.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I got was one male from a pack of 10. Hope you get a couple as well and preserve those another gen.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Did those Chem ibl come from seedbay/seed boutique??? If taking it there Rez Chem ibl right??? Just kinda curious I'd like to get some from SB but I know they are pretty old. I have some pics of Rez SSCDH from 08-09 I think. I've also ran the Chem Ibl back some yrs ago but don't have pics of those. It's a pretty good size plant, branches probably gonna need support early in flowering. You've definitely got some great genetics if there Rez

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My super silver haze x Chemdog from Rez back in 08(more in my albums ( pics right before harvest and 3wks of flushing. And some pics right when I flipped 12/12 sometime. Those ladies were so heavy I couldn't hardly keep them from falling over the last few wks. I remember that was top shelf type smoke. It had a crazy Strawberry taste.

I also ran some Soma NYC Diesel back in the 08s or so. Not the best yielders and went almost 90 days of 12/12..call it 85 but could've went longer. That Soma NYC Diesel had a amazing top cola though. I got pics of it. I could post one, I don't wanna clog up your thread.