What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How fast do plants deplete room co2 (ballpark)

Hi icmag, quick question

I have a scrog with very vigorous plants and a near perfect dialed room. I understand the answer depends on a lot of factors, I'm just looking for your experiences. How quickly do plants deplete room co2 in you guy's dialed rooms? 10 minutes? An hour?

I can't get a proper controller for a few weeks so I'm totally winging it playing with on off timing. Thanks

Andyo

Veteran
assuming

assuming

Hi icmag, quick question

I have a scrog with very vigorous plants and a near perfect dialed room. I understand the answer depends on a lot of factors, I'm just looking for your experiences. How quickly do plants deplete room co2 in you guy's dialed rooms? 10 minutes? An hour?

I can't get a proper controller for a few weeks so I'm totally winging it playing with on off timing. Thanks

can you get a crystal test tube
That would give you a reasonable indication,the crystals turn purple by varying amount
normaly very cheap
also co2 ppm moniters are cheap.A

St. Phatty

can you get a crystal test tube
That would give you a reasonable indication,the crystals turn purple by varying amount
normaly very cheap
also co2 ppm moniters are cheap.A

Very good to know

https://growershouse.com/desktop-co2-monitor

$124.10

I'm trying hard not to buy stuff from Amazon.

Usually, "dialed room" means, great ventilation, input and output fans.

The less ventilation you have, the more the CO2 can compensate.

"can't get a proper controller for a few weeks so I'm totally winging it playing with on off timing" implies you have a CO2 source and you're switching a valve on and off ?

I would go easy on the Plant Care-taker (that's you) and give it 5 minutes of CO2 once an hour.

The test tubes are $20 for one use at my store seems like a waste when there's $100 digital monitors.

By dialed I mean I have a proper room with all the bells and whistles to maintain ideal conditions/vpd. I just have on off variables for the co2 instead of a fancy co2 controller.

It takes my generator 15 minutes to fill the room so I set it 15 minutes on and 25 minutes off. This is broken by 1 or 2 ventilation cycles a night.

I think I'm just going to spend my food money on one of these
https://www.amazon.com/Autopilot-Desktop-Monitor-Data-Logger/dp/B01FYWU2IS
Beans and rice ain't that bad

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I would say it happens very quickly. Minutes, not hours. Here is a shot of my RPi monitor. As you can see, when the lights go out and the plants don't use the CO2, the rate goes up rather quickly.

When the lights go on, the rate drops from the 800+ range down to 400 in just a very short time. I never measured it but, it would be easy enough to do. It's minutes, not hours, for sure.

Hope this helped a little.

mack 10

Veteran
The test tubes are $20 for one use at my store seems like a waste when there's $100 digital monitors.

By dialed I mean I have a proper room with all the bells and whistles to maintain ideal conditions/vpd. I just have on off variables for the co2 instead of a fancy co2 controller.

It takes my generator 15 minutes to fill the room so I set it 15 minutes on and 25 minutes off. This is broken by 1 or 2 ventilation cycles a night.

I think I'm just going to spend my food money on one of these
https://www.amazon.com/Autopilot-Desktop-Monitor-Data-Logger/dp/B01FYWU2IS
Beans and rice ain't that bad

how bigs your room?

15mins is really quick. ive been wonderingthe same.

just checked your link and that unit seems pretty good.
exactly what im looking for.

seems quiet acurate from the reviews.

Latest posts

Latest posts