What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking outside the box

scoop420

Hi All,
I have not posted much over the years, I have learned many things here, but have kept a low profile. I used to post years ago as growdawg1. I have sent dozens of folks to these pages to read and learn and have become friends with a couple of regulars grower/breeders here. I am posting now to ask for other opinions to my scenario.
I have a room to build out and have some basic ideas of where I want to go with it, but know that many new things have come about over the last few years and being an oldtimer, some of that has passed me by. So I would like to pose a question to anyone who might like to answer...If you had a chance to build a room such as this, what might you do differently or in addition to the parameters I am working under? They are as follows;
The room is 28' x 14', and there are 2 of them, attached. Concrete floor, no drains, each room has 2 mini splits that are huge. I was planning on using hydro tables, slightly elevated to drain. 4x8 do not seem to lay out well, but I could get 12 3x6 tables in the room with small(18") walkways. Plan is put 24 1000W lights over 12 tables. Is that too much wattage over 3x6 tables?
I know I am losing space with walkways, any suggestions for minimizing that impact?
Planning on using gavita type setup, with the 2 way bulbs, still on the fence and doing research on the lighting. Much respect to all the folks here that have done so much to push this plant forward.
Peace,
scoop420 aka growdawg1

DoomsDay

I'm no large time grower, I'll preface this with that, but you are heading down. A proper path. Remember to save rook in the veg space for a clone shelf or two . As far as lighting, 2x 1k watt bulbs over a 36 is a bit of light my friend! Depends on the strains you're wanting to run, but you may be able to get away with 2x 600 ' s or my personal favorite the GE lucalox (sp?) 750 watt bulb. I just remember my 2k watt grow and it got hot quick even with 2 a/c ' s cranking. If you can check out the bulb differences in light output vs wattage, it may help to lose a few lumens and a whole Lotta heat at the same time. I'm now cooling 2 of those 750 watt bulbs in magnum hoods with a 800cfm fan and my temps stay constant 72 without ac and just suckling cool air from the mountain breeze.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive had it for a few days, attempting to make potable water (NOT ITS INTENDED USE) using SEA 90 minerals, which I use in a recirculating water device for drinking purposes (>1200ppm) at 15 minutes x 2 emitters, but the O2G breaks the salts down, releasing chlorine gas. Now that makes sense, so I made several more batches with one emitter, lowering the ppm each time, even as low as 120ppm, I still smell some Cl; but at < 30 it's fine, but that doesn't help with mineral uptake in my body. So, I am mixing my liquid minerals with the low ppm O2G water

I doubt the Cl gas will have any negative affect on plants

I usually veg at <200ppm then pre flower at ~ 4-500pm, and flower at ~ 800-1000

Ive been communicating my findings with Dennis at O2G

TBC

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I killed the 2 outside plants

Turns out that even though SEA 90 minerals is for plants, the salts are incompatible with the O2G

Tough lesson for sure

I am attempting to revive them but that would be a miracle

I am currently soaking some very old seeds as a test prior to starting my next grow with very expensive seeds

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It Definitely Works

It Definitely Works

Although I've had major issues with the mist heads clogging, which meant net pots were barely getting any spray for hours at time, I kept pouring on bandaids, including just a while ago.

Most likely the main issue has been laziness to set it up correctly from the beginning. This because when the heads are working properly, they spray a wide diameter

In spite of all that, 3 plants are 28- 36" tall, and budding aster than in my recollection

when you scroll down to the root pics it's hard to believe they're alive at all

Had the roots developed properly, I would have moved them to the F & D set up upstairs.

So they are under my smallest Amare Technologies led (SE 230 @ 230w actual)

Since taking these pics I defoled most of the primary leafs

View attachment 475865 View attachment 475866 View attachment 475867