Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy!

Thread Title Search
My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2015, 07:11 PM #31
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
I simply keep my butter in the frig and spread or add to sauces as needed

Has anybody used a Bodum Press? Seems a lot easier than cheese cloth, or a siphon

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2016, 02:53 AM #32
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Im trying this recipe , but with the terpene rinse mod post boil.
I soaked the shake/pop for a day or so with a few rinses
then cooked it down today, according to the basic method.

once its solidified in the morning , ima do a few more washes, if necesarry. by wash i mean Ill pour a liter or so of boiling water over the butter, stir it up and let cool down and solidiy again. Ill do this till the wastewater runs clear.

I used 33 grams of purple kush trim/pop - which was SUPER FROSTY trim and suckerbuds to 2 sticks of french unsalted 82% butter fat butter.
Sould be just about perfect for 36 or so cookies or brownies.

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:43 AM #33
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
nice, i'lltry this next time i make butter.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:29 PM #34
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
my washes went quickly - only took three to run clear
ima try the soak method on some very foul but potent trim next run
but i dont think an initial bath/soak for 1-2 days is really necessary cause of the rinse/washes at the end

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018

Old 05-29-2016, 08:47 PM #35
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

wow
made some Chocolate chip cookies from scratch and ate one .that dose would be ~.72 grams so waited about 75 minutes - felt like i had smoked a joint . so i ate two more and an hour later , i feel just about perfect like right this frickin second.
so I decided that since 3 cookies is a good starting point for these , i want something i can have 1 cookie and be good.
so i got together some cinderella trim (about 44 grm) and some sassorted spare weirdness (26gr) hiding in the freezer and dropped in 2 sticks of butter and some water and....
about a TBlspn of cinnamon.
Then I got to thinking ...
I have some fennel,star anise, cardomon black and whole, and some cloves from when i cook Pho. and see how an aromatic type butter would affect some cookies or brownies / it smells amazing and im thinking this will work for a standard cookie or brownie rcipe and maybe , it might just suck . we will see.

so I used 2 each cardomon seed, black and whole , two whole cloves, about a half tspn of fennel and a whole star anise (oh wait im outta of this atm , sorry , that might be a lil to licorice for this anyways) alomg wit 2 sticks of salted butter and a tbsp of cinimon

My Grows:
Tests:

Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 AM #36
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

ok so yeah - i did the aromatics thing
it was cool
and different and spicy and aromatic
and like a bowl of pho , yummy
but anyways - you want to make some serious award winning cookies ? use aromatics (lightly) in the cookdown
a little goes a long way
anyways - weed is an aromatic too, and its gonna inpart its scent without even the cinammon

im prety much gonna cook without any spices in the butter for a while
and hopefully work out a dosing theory. either way - i like the butter method and like the way my scraps have a nice minty flavor to them, without any seasoning

My Grows:
Tests:

Old 06-22-2016, 12:36 PM #37
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
Does anyone know how much lecithin to add per 100 grams of trim leaf?????

FYI to those that are not experienced!!! Only do a very little one day, then move up a little next time, per batch. One full cookie and I was zig zag walking, and mild tripping in bed. That batch 1/2 was strong and 1/4 was all that was needed for the night. Also, do on a night you do not have to work within 12 hours. That was Original Glue 4 trim leaf.
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2016, 11:09 PM #38
coconutcurry

coconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to beholdcoconutcurry is a splendid one to behold
@PetFlora

Don't keep your cannabutter too long in the fridge. The butter could get rancid. If you want to keep it longer than two weeks - freeze it. It is convenient to prepare portions before freezing.

Never used a Bodum Press exept for my coffee. Try it and post pics ;-)

@Boyd Crowder
How long to soak the weed depends on the quality of the weed and your taste.

'My' Bang is originally a traditional indian receipe and the indians also use spices like cardamon, cinnamom, anise, fennel and so on like you used. Your instinct to try this was absolutely right. Have fun.

@Loc Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc Dog View Post
Does anyone know how much lecithin to add per 100 grams of trim leaf?????"
What?!?
Don't cook any lecithin with the trim. Put the lecithin into your drink/cookie whatever and EAT the lecithin together with the cannabutter. I use about one or two teaspoon full of lecithin for the amount of cannabutter I eat/drink.

And yes, cannabutter can be surprisingly strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc Dog View Post
One full cookie and I was zig zag walking, and mild tripping in bed.
lol
coconutcurry is offline Quote

Old 10-28-2016, 10:34 AM #39
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
I am glad to see you are back!! Hope you are well!!

Really owe you for such a great tek!!! Have benefited tremendously from it. Never thought trim could kick your ass. About to make a batch from lesser/airy buds from Original Glue #4.

I forget if I mixed the soy lecithin in with the boil, or added it to cookies. Think the boil.

So I should add it to the cookie mix?? How much soy lecithin to cannabutter???

Also wondering if the cannabutter could be remelted and the soy lecithin added. I had to refrigerate the cannbutter/water mixture for it to solidify with the soy mixed in.

Be well!!!
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 10-28-2016, 03:06 PM #40
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutcurry View Post
@PetFlora

Don't keep your cannabutter too long in the fridge. The butter could get rancid. If you want to keep it longer than two weeks - freeze it. It is convenient to prepare portions before freezing.

Never used a Bodum Press exept for my coffee. Try it and post pics ;-)

@Boyd Crowder
How long to soak the weed depends on the quality of the weed and your taste.

'My' Bang is originally a traditional indian receipe and the indians also use spices like cardamon, cinnamom, anise, fennel and so on like you used. Your instinct to try this was absolutely right. Have fun.

@Loc Dog

What?!?
Don't cook any lecithin with the trim. Put the lecithin into your drink/cookie whatever and EAT the lecithin together with the cannabutter. I use about one or two teaspoon full of lecithin for the amount of cannabutter I eat/drink.

And yes, cannabutter can be surprisingly strong.

lol
Thanks for the freezing tip. I used coconut oil this time, but thinking to try hemp oil this time

I used the Bodum press last time. What I learned...

You have to use sufficient greens for the screen to press down on them

* The oil that is left in the greens is uber potent. Thinking it was diluted I made a tea that kicked my ass for 6+ hours. lol

I think it is better to use the oil to make icings for the cookies, brownies, instead of further cooking at ~ 350*s

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.