What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

jump117

Veteran
Found the picture of absolute solution in ethanol, good color.

picture.php

Extracted mini buds from flowered bonsai, small amount no weigh,
1h 15min floated and stirred in butane in thermos and winterized 3hrs at -20C (-4F),
got the amber a little sticky at 37C (99F), we have now very hot summer, in the fridge it turns to glass.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Notice the white slime filtered from ethanol solution of BHConcrete,
picture.php

it disappeared after filter was dried and didn't left oily or waxy traces.
picture.php

picture.php

Even long 1h 15min exposition doesn't provide 100% extraction.
I watched single trichomes thru the microscope, heated 20 min at 122C, crumbled to 800mcr, extracted in second round.
got around 10% of first run amount, dark and very sticky resin.

SB7

Jump I love this thread and all the info provided.
Next run I will try the butane in thermos for a longer wash cycle than just spraying it into the o'kief tube. I imagine I've been wasting alot of "goodness" by not letting the buds sit in the butane long enough.

Cheers

SB7

Last edited:

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Hey Jump.. I have tried your method several times, but every time use dried buds, and use the glass tube for the 1st extraction w/ butane.. I have gotten amber in color a few times, and when mixed w/ EtOH before the butane has been compleatly evaporated out, it has turned into a thick, but still waxy oil.. I have yet to ever get the solid glass shatter Absolute amber that I have seen many pictures of you making successfully. Im going to try using fresh buds, and using a thermos the next time!! I have never heard of THCA before reading these recent posts..
I live in Colorado, and have tried the Amber a handfull of times! Its simply the most potent form herb I have ever experienced. Around here, the people who do know how to make it are treating the recipe like its a nuclear bomb.. I cant tell you how much I appreciate you sharing this info!!! Goodbye sleeping pills, hello amber!!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
So I'm goin to try this again.. If you have any other suggestions besides using fresh material, to make the hard glassy amber, please throw them my way! What exactly is Decarbonization or what not? You were saying that decarbonization is what causes the oil to be runny and not glassy? Do you use multiple coffee filters? Does how long you leave the oil in the EtOH matter? What temperature do you evaporate the EtOH out? Sorry for all the questions.. answer what you can! Everything is much appreciated! Thank you again!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
I think i might have found my problem.. I never use the coffee filter till after I mix with EtOH!!!!! WOOOT!!! Ill keep ya updated! let me know what you think about all my rant if you have the time..
THANKS!

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Just tried w/ fresh buds.. Still got wax's that make it runny, and its kinda dark.. Ive been putting the plate w/ the absolute mixture on a food dehydrator.. Its not workin.. Once again, ill have to throw out any variation I add to your method, and do EXACTLY what you do.. Time to buy a tea pot..

daheadies

poppin' outta control
So Jump.. Lets get down to it.. What exactly is makin the oil glass hard? Is it the Ethanol extraction? Is it using fresh buds? or is it both? I have tried variations of your method so many times and just cant get all the oils to come off. I have (not less than) 99.5% ethanol.... Any help further help than you have already given is much appreciated!!

Shred42O

i have mad bho and iso and both times it was pure glass it might just depend on your gentics
only once did i have a oil that natually turned to wax but it all just depends

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Rrrr.. what could I be doing wrong??? I have tried using fresh and dry buds. Have tried using 1 strain, and mixed strains.. I have tried using ethanol, everclear, and iso rinse, all on seperate occasions, after bho extraction.. I have also tried getting the b out of bho w/ water, w/ a food dehydrator, in the oven, and on a double boiler. I have NEVER been able to produce solid amber glass. I have read everything I can between Jump and a few others who know how to SOLID AMBER GLASS SHATTER BHO and I just cant figure out what I'm missin to get it to turn into a solid piece of amber glass.. The one dude that I know that makes it in town wont let his recipe out.. He has told me that "Small batches are key, Sun batches, yet its easier to make in the cold, and somethin with syran wrap.." Freakin riddle.. Sooo, any more help anyone???

daheadies

poppin' outta control
tried it.. It just turns back into runnyish oily goo/wax when I take it out of the freezer..

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Vector butane. Usually I run the butane through a glass extraction tube, as opposed to soak.. Thats how I do it when I use dry herb.. but since jump says he uses fresh herb, and soaks it, when I tried using fresh herb a few days ago, I soaked it in the freezer for about a hour... I had only pre-chilled the butane for maybe 2 hours prior to using, so maybe just everything wasnt cold enough during the extraction process????

daheadies

poppin' outta control
ps.. thanks for spittin some ideas back and forth with me Slimm.. been on a mission to make this glass for a bit now.. Appreciate the help..