Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Sharing Ideas on a DIY Butter Press

Thread Title Search
Sharing Ideas on a DIY Butter Press Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2018, 03:04 PM #1
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Sharing Ideas on a DIY Butter Press

I usually make my edibles with rosin so I don't have any filtering or straining problems. Just add the rosin and, bingo. LOL

However, I also use the rosin 'chips' and ABV and dry sift and and and to make edibles and one major problem I always have is squeezing the oil or butter out of the load after cooking it.

I have tried potato ricers and strainers and cheesecloth with sticks and and and just about every method I have seen on the net. However, old age is taking yet another piece of my life away and I simply have too much arthritis to twist and squeeze any more.

So, since necessity is the mother of invention, I am going to try to make an efficient squeeze.

I have tried squeezing, twisting, standing on it, sitting on it (don't try this one with hot butter) and it is time to adapt something to my arbor press, or my shop press. No more thin shitty metal that bends and folds. I want something that will withstand my 1 ton press.

As for load size, anything from 1 cup to 3 or 4 cups would be fine. I usually have 5 or 6 cups of load and doing it one cup at a time should squeeze it pretty dry.

I saw a few food presses online that claim "paper dry' results. Wine and food presses use a of of pressure but most of them are way too large for my needs.

This one was exceptionally nice. https://www.juicepressfactory.com/juice-press.html

Just looking to hear your ideas. I am headed to Home Depot today to search for potential prototype materials.

Thanks