What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cheap led lights question

terrier

hi guys I been looking at cheap led lights I was looking at a 1000w which said could cover an area of 4.5 x 5 ft have anyone tried these lights at the moment im using a 600w hps to cover a grow tent of 1.2 x 1.2 im wondering if I should get one to add to the tent with my 600w.

terrier

thank you very much my friend for the reply. how would these leds compare to an hps they 1000w would they be as powerful as say a 400w hps. I live in a one bed flat so 600w is a lot to burn electric wise for a single person. im looking to cut down on electric a bit. I'm looking for something light wise that will help me veg as well as flower. would I be better off getting something like a 250w hps. any help I would be very grateful for. terrier

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Perhaps screw in LEDs would work out for you. Check out this thread...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Koondense

Veteran
I tend to think hps is a thing from the past yet still grows nice buds.
If your budget is limited, go for hps but if you can afford a bit more pick the 630w cmh light instead.
Leds are a bit more expensive than cmh.

Cheers

Look no further. I wanted to replace my ^00 Watt HPS so I bought a cheap Chinese LED on Ebay that made claims like 1000 watt replacement when I received it I was impressed, I measured the wattage around 130 watts. I ordered a second one and a few weeks later one failed. I was sold on LED, so I ordered 2 Viparspectra 450 in a 2' x 4' cabinet. They draw 200 watts each. They replaced 1 - 600 watt HPS with a Hortilux lamp. Yield and quality both improved. Power consumption is reduced by 1/3. I only need to run 1 exhaust fan.
I like 2 lights to tailor lighting needs from beginning to end. The Veg/Flower switches add more flexibility.
I still have one of the cheap LEDs but haven't found a use for it.

At the moment I have 6 young plants vegging under only 1 light with the flower switch off.
Drawing only 100 watts.
Soon I will turn on the second light, with the flower switch off.
For the flowering stage, both lights fully on.

That is what I mean by flexibility! I save 35% on power overall.

daniel ball

Cheap LED lights are in high demand. People are refusing to use incandescent lights any longer and hence these new age lights are gaining popularity fast. However, because of the high prices of the LED bulbs most people most people are in a dilemma as to where to get these LED lamps. One of the easiest ways to look for inexpensive LED Light Bulbs is to look up the products sold at online stores. Earlier, LED Light Bulbs were meant for the people from the higher strata of society. However, with cheap LED bulbs coming into the market people are able to make their purchases very easily.

Just the 600 watt Hortilux Eye Bulb alone, Retails for $90 using 2 per year.
The Viperspectra lights I am using retail for $119 each. I expect to get 3 years of use (warranty period).
Not to mention 30% Power savings, you do the math.

Latest posts

Latest posts