What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quality of medical bud in Oahu?

Hey guys I just found out I'm moving in about 6 months. What kind of quality/price can I expect in Oahu? I was in Colorado in 2014 and the quality was garbage for the most part. I'm wondering if I need to get a house with an extra room or back yard to grow my own or can I get by with the bud from the dispensaries? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

earthwyrms

Just because I couldn't find a place to ask/post; I saw the Marvel Inhumans TV show and I think they were on Oahu. They had a period of time where a main character worked with some pot farmers.
I remember the bud that they shown, slightly. I forget if the bud heads/main colas looked manicured already on the plant. It looked like a sativa dominant but not purely tropical. Is that one of the legendary native varieties, or CGI? I remember reading each island adapted it's own native aclimated (? Word? Naturalized/adaptivolved?) Cultivar don't know, does anyone know the weed strain in the TV show I'm talking about?

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Growing your own is always a good idea. Electricity is super expensive here so indoor may or may not be worth it depending on your skill-set. You need a spot far from town if you want to grow outdoor and even then, you need a solid security system aka dogs and cameras, locked greenhouse etc. Outer-islands have it much easierer for outdoor.

I think most flower from dispensaries is around $20+ a gram and nothing special but it is lab tested. The black market stuff is half the price and pretty abundant on oahu. You can look up menu's on weedmaps to see what they are offering.

Thanks Kalo. I may get a led for a small indoor grow and supplement with other sources if I run out. I can't wait to get there. These winters in Germany are killing me. Yeah Wyrm thai in a greenhouse would be awesome. I haven't had a real thai since I was a kid. guess well have to see what kind of place we can find when it gets closer to time to move. check this out for a laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SaIAsn40U&t=185s