What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepalese and North Indian

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I collected seeds in Nepal they were all Sativa's but every valley seemed to have a slightly different smell, taste, and high and look. Unlike the Afghani/Pakistani Indica/Kush that can have a lot of CBD, the Sativa's from Nepal are very low in CBD in general.
Back in 1971 Ganja and Hash were legal in Nepal. I remember Tiger Tail Ganja, Parwati Ganja, Arcant Ganja, Ali Bamm Ganja, Tari Flower Tops, Green Ganja, Flat Ganja, Mustang Ganja, Mountain Top Ganja, Wild Ganja, as well as a few more I don't remember the names of. I tried them all and I got seeds from them all. The different varieties were all different from each of the other varieties when grown in Calif, but quite a few had that typical Nepali hash smell in the mature flowers and resin.
Anyway, the point is that there was no typical Nepali, there is really a lot of diversity up in the mountains with people living in isolation in different valley's and few roads.

-SamS

moe

it is cool to see u on the tread ;)
for what i read and i see on forum (not got the chance to go to nepal)
i agree there are a lot of nepali
but they all are really tall and asymmetric in the look with big internode, no ?even if they are different for the rest.
do they flower late or soon ? when do they finished ?
must be hard to finish late at high altitude even if i look for the weather it seems really hot in the autumn
but i must say some stupidity...the nepal must be quite different in weather too from regions to regions.
and did u go to tibet ?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yes I was in Tibet, but I did not find Cannabis seeds.
Most Nepali is mid-maturing, not super early but not as late as Thai or other Equatorial's. That said there was a lot of variation in maturation dates when grown outdoors in Calif.

-SamS

moe

that's an interesting answer ;)
cool cross could be done for me who in live and grow in mountains

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Tibetan x South-African IBL

Real Seed company Malana with broad leaf characteristics

A kullu jungli strain from ngakpa

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I understand the name of the variety is Tibetan X South African, but were any of the parents seeds really collected in Tibet?
Malana and Kulu are below Kashmir in India, where they rub hash from wild plants, and from cultivated.
-SamS

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
I understand the name of the variety is Tibetan X South African, but were any of the parents seeds really collected in Tibet?
Malana and Kulu are below Kashmir in India, where they rub hash from wild plants, and from cultivated.
-SamS

The strain is actually called actual sativa :smoke:

http://actual-seeds.ch/Ausgewachsen.jpg

Actual sativa is from a swiss breeder, actual seeds. It delivers a strong heady high in 70-80 days of flowering.. I have no idea about the origins of the tibetan nor the south african.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

I prefer this pheno of the nepalryder. The more 50/50 pheno is still flowering after 75 days.

My malanas stopped growing, I have suspicions about the cat.. The jungli plant on the other hand grew very vigorously! Never have I seen leaves so deep green! The stem had a smell of eucalyptus and the leaves looked like they could go both ways given the right environment, not sativa slim, but not indica wide either. The stretch was more like that of a sativa. Unfortunately he was a he and got culled.

ngakpa

Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
-SamS

seems pretty unlikely - I'm going to contact a few academics and Tibetans I know to get a definitive answer on the whole question of the role of cannabis in Tibetan communities --- the only reference I have seen is the section on the use of preparations of bhang in high level esoteric tantra rituals.... quoted in Schultes and subsequently reproduced from his work in many other places

basically there are ethnic groups which are "Tibetan" or look towards Tibet as opp. to india as the centre of their cultural universe who do use cannabis --- but it does not have the place in their culture which it does in the Indic world --- I am thinking of Sherpas, Tamang etc. ...

I expect this "Tibet" strain was picked up in Nepal, prob. in a Tamang or Sherpa area... Sherpas originate in Kham province of Tibet, many Tamang are actually Tibetans, and originally come from somewhere in Tibet

btw I think we should start calling all these N. Indian and Nep. strains indicas --- NLD indicas (narrow leaflet dominant indicas) --- it would make life simpler in the long run I think

ngakpa

Veteran
Nepalese Farm Sativas - another month to go before harvest in mid Nov

Nepalese Sieved Charas

Nepalese Jungli Handrub Charas

Nepalese Jungli Sativa - just after autumn equinox

Last edited:

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Nice thread guys.
Thule do you have any other experience with The Real Seed Company? They list some quite intriguing strains, but i have never heard of the company before....it would seem that more of these landrace pros like mriko, ngakpa and glock23 woulda talked about em. Or maybe i just missed it.

Stay Safe

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
GDK said:
Nice thread guys.
Thule do you have any other experience with The Real Seed Company? They list some quite intriguing strains, but i have never heard of the company before....it would seem that more of these landrace pros like mriko, ngakpa and glock23 woulda talked about em. Or maybe i just missed it.

Stay Safe

Real seed co is highly recommended :yes:

The strains are unworked pure landraces, very special but can be tricky indoors.

Wild kullu jungli

Tale med ngakpa

ngakpa

Veteran
ndnguy said:
Now that top pic always caught my eye the dozen or so times I have gone to this thread, man does that look wicked. Looks like it could have about anything in it but would still melt your ass. :laughing:

hey ndnguy - yeah, that's some good rough handrub charas --- can even see a seed in a bit of it

one thing I should say though --- actually, when you say "looks like it could have anything in it", the truth is when you find a rough stick like that you can rest assured it has not been mixed/cut/adulterated with anything

here are two pieces of cut handrub charas --- many, many visitors to Nepal will be smoking this shit right now --- I would love to know what they mix into this stuff --- I have heard Nepalese tell me that pine tar, bitumen, cow shit etc. can be used

either way, one simple rule is --- if the Nepalese don't smoke it, you shouldn't either --- the other one is --- buy in the villages, never on the street

masala handrub charas --- I reckon 90% of stoners in Nepal would smoke this, and most of them would pay over 1000Rupees for less than 10g of it... both these pieces I left for the hotel cleaning staff --- I bet you anything they got flushed down the shitter where they belong

Last edited:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
ngakpa, so you're saying that rough stick is good but the black balls that look more pure are bad? ... or is there something in the pics that tell you/us the black balls you say should be flushed are not good?

ngakpa

Veteran
VirginHarvester said:
ngakpa, so you're saying that rough stick is good but the black balls that look more pure are bad? ... or is there something in the pics that tell you/us the black balls you say should be flushed are not good?

hey --- I don't think this is something you could know purely from the pics

stuff basically the same as the black charas on the left I have bought in Amsterdam for as much as 8 Euros per g --- I smoked the whole g and got a kind of mild mellow lift... if it was pure a g in a pipe should have put me into lunar orbit

I got 25g of the black piece on the left off the street in Kathmandu for the same price (about 1000R) --- I had just got off the flight and spent the night sleeping in Delhi airport, so I was jonesing in a major way

it was stronger than what I had in the Dam, but it was still cut to fuck

by contrast, the rough stick will not have been mixed --- it is rough cause it is from a plant that will have been rubbed many times

the jungli in my post prior to that I got about 75g of for 1000R --- I would regularly give this away to backpackers smoking cut charas --- they wouldn't know what to make of it, they were just not used to being that fucking high --- I repeated this experiment over and over, always with the same result

when the Nepalese see or smell you smoking jungli you will hear them comment "aah acha marl hai" or smth similar --- basically "yeh, that's the real stuff"

I smoked the nice looking cut stuff with some street hustlers --- I don;t usually smoke tobacco, but I was drunk --- we all agreed to chuck the joint before it was half done -- smoked fine, tasted fine, but filling your lungs with shit and giving you just a little lift --- you can get more of a lift from a tin of beer

guys I was buying crap pollen from just to try would always bum some of that jungli from me if I showed them some

the good sieved stuff in the pic I reckon mostly gets sold for export --- some makes it's way to the Dam --- most if it goes through small time smugglers to the well connected, the rich and the famous

ngakpa

Veteran
hey - seeds taken from jungli (wild) plants don't in my experience have good enough germination rates to be released commercially --- obviously if you can get some to germinate and make your own seeds then the germ rates will be as good as any cultivated plants

nb. jungli charas is very special, but it cannot ever be as refined as good sieved charas --- handrubbing in itself is not capable of producing as classy a product as dry sieving --- jungli populations have plenty of amazing potential within their genepools, but it needs humans to capitalise on what is there

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thule said:
Before sunset

I collected 20 f2 seeds from her but I'm gonna wait until november before germinating.

Here they are

Only 12 of them sprouted. I should be able to find a few autos, the rest will be culled.

Some junglis