What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Keif Cake

Veteran
Sounds :yummy: Please, keep us updated during her second half of flowering.

Regarding American Sativas, last years i've working on a few really nice Oaxacan hybrids, but they have not been commercially released yet.
This is amazing news! Ive long wanted to try some Oaxacan. I did pick up a pack of 79 Oaxacan IBL that i have been wanting to start while i still have this Mexican Honduras female to cross with it.

Will be eagerly awaiting the day you have more to say about those, even better when i have some in my hands.

Ncali

Veteran
20231110_190723-jpg.18916940

20231110_190733-jpg.18916938

Couple examples of Tikal. Variations on a good hybrid peachy wood/incense types. Fun plant. Might be keeping the first pictured plant

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks Dubi! Last pheno to finish. Definitely more peachy n sweet smelling than the above shown, which was peachy and exotic wood/sandal thing going on. Fun plant to grow, definitely lovely smells that I wasn't expecting. Pictured here is Tikal 1, above is Tikal 2. They're both in the same pheno expression imo, maybe haze hybrid structure background with some obviously different terps. I'm letting them sit in jars, excited to report back smoke. Excellent yeilders, branchy plants that need support. Decent/easy trimming too. Overall, love the work ACE does.

20231209_142906.jpg

early_hominid

I have a Tikal in a bucket that is growing out of control. I'm doubling her reservoir and light proofing the tent to flip her to flower her this weekend. I have a bunch of clones already rooted just in case this baby needs preserving

Aug 25

View attachment 18890574

View attachment 18890572

Sep 8

View attachment 18890575

Sep 14 in the middle of tying her down
View attachment 18890576

My tikal is a wild child, here she is at 12.5 weeks from clone. I ended up taking her down at 14, which still felt a bit early, although there was some stress from neglect slowing things down. After 2 months in the jar, she smells like sandalwood, gassy fumes, and spice. The high is a potent stone, stronger and heavier than I expected, reminds me a lot of a more cerebral skunk actually, in a good way. We'll see how she is in another month if I run her again indoors, so far I like her best in veg so I've got the mom to grow outdoors.
IMG_1782(1).JPG

revegeta666

My tikal is a wild child, here she is at 12.5 weeks from clone. I ended up taking her down at 14, which still felt a bit early, although there was some stress from neglect slowing things down. After 2 months in the jar, she smells like sandalwood, gassy fumes, and spice. The high is a potent stone, stronger and heavier than I expected, reminds me a lot of a more cerebral skunk actually, in a good way. We'll see how she is in another month if I run her again indoors, so far I like her best in veg so I've got the mom to grow outdoors.
View attachment 18966972
14 weeks sounds like a lot for a Tikal plant. I would guess that's why the effect came out heavier.

splinter7

Yeah, I think the expression is less common leaning toward the kush/haze side. What was the high like on your pheno @splinter7 ?

the high was stupefying. for example, if you were trying to decide where to go get food, you just couldn't seem to get to a conclusion...like after 3 hours. it seemed pretty unique. a medium to strong head high with a very mild body stone. it wasn't 100pct sativa, but it was up there.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
the woodsy sour pheno i ran went nearly 14 weeks. it was fairly squat too. some go a bit longer apparently...caught me off guard a bit.
That's correct; longer flowering Tikal phenos were mainly sour and woody, as @splinter7 correctly pointed out. Around 2007, there was also a very incensey NL/Haze expression with much heavier effects. Perhaps yours, @early_hominid, leans towards such an older expression, although I think the stresses during flowering may have also affected it.

Latest posts

Latest posts