What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seed Bank video: nute solution for soil pH 5.5...

So I don't know if any of you are familiar with GHSB's videos on youtube, the ones where they profile their strains. I was watching the one for their chemdawg and they kept giving stats as they document a grow week by week and they were saying that they adjust their nutrient solution to pH 5.5. Does this make sense. They weren't growing on hydro. I am aware of the possibility of pH drifting but wouldn't that make macros unaccessible from the get go? I read that nitrates tend to drift upwards, maybe they are countering their effect?The don't mention anything about their nutrient solution so I leaves me wondering.

amanda88

in the UK the GHS guys are a pain in the butt! ...for some time on you tube they pushed their strain hunters rubbish, enticing many growers to follow them in the belief that they would release the land race strains to the community, only to hold them back for crossing themselves, thus in effect destroying these cherished and rare home born seeds, then theres the White Wido fallout, that did give us the better Black Widow,

...avoid at all costs ..see them for what they are ...desperate Con Artists

after all would you agree Arjan is the Prince of weed..? lololol

Well, I know the videos are marketing, but…do you think they would go as far as misleading customers by telling them to grow their seeds using particular parameters that would mess up their plants? For example, I think their final results in terms of dry weight didn't seem far fetched, it was ~240 grams in a 25 gal pot for their version of chemdawg.

Dkgrower

Veteran
…do you think they would go as far as misleading customers by telling them to grow their seeds using particular parameters that would mess up their plants?

They dont care..also they are growing in a perlite mix.

The extreeme dry out that the king push will for sure result in alot of fuck ups so.. i tho wonder why there yeilds are so low

neural_rust

For what I've watched the videos, they say that they're growing in rockwool.. Not getting into the debate 'bout the company itself.