What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H&G Bud XL Alternative?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hey folks,

I'm having the hardest time getting H&G products here in NL at the moment (I know I know, but they're a Dutch company, I know ..lol)

I asked my local suppliers about alternatives and they suggest Atami Bloom Stimulator or Sulphos Gold C ... the Atami is 138 euros per 5 liters and the Sulphos is only 38...

has anyone used either of these and can tell me if they make a suitable alternative to the Bud XL? I'm looking for a carbo/sugar load as far as I can tell...although I'm not sure what other "magic ingredients" (PGRs) it might have...

any info would be appreciated at this point as I have to contact the supplier ASAP with my alternative choice so they can get on and post the rest of my order...

oti$

Are you using h&g base(a&b)? If so, i really don't think all those bottles are necessary, I've had my heaviest yielding runs of the highest quality with a&b only.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi Otis,

thanks for the input ...no not using H&G base, I have a personal recipe that I've used for a long time but suddenly 2 of the additives are no longer available here in NL.

I use Canna's A+B and Rhizo then use H&G Top Booster (pk boost) and Bud XL (carboload)...then I finish off with GHE Ripen

I know there's plenty of other boosters out there, but really I'm looking for something which fits specifically in this line up or to see if anyone has made a straight switch for another product... I don't want to have to redefine the whole recipe if a new booster has some of the things I already add via the other products you see :)

beerad102

i like h&g have tried alot of combinations over last couple yrs. first was aquaflakes a/b in sunshine adv4 *black/yellow* next i added bud xl to just base. then alot of tuns with other asditives like multizen, top booster, amino, root excell, shoot powder. then i moved to coco in small pot multilfeeding. i like top booster which is cheap imo so why not utilize. i think multizen can be swapped with cannazyme or sensizyme. but i never found any alternative for bud xl to get same aesthetic quality that had every run i had using bud xl. after not using looking for replacement product over last year to make my nutrients cost minimal. i personally feel i like the product and cost is insignificant to final crop output when in use. ill revisit thread after this grow to possibly retract my feelings about bud xl but i doubt ill need too.

JamieShoes

Veteran
yeah I think I'm resigning myself to the fact that I'm gonna have to import it.. massive pain in the hole :(

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
top booster and bud xl are staple additives in my mix as well...although I use GH rapid start in place of rhizo as it is the closest product(results wise) to the original formula roots excelerator that I've found...Canna coco base as well... I'd go through the trouble of having the bud xl imported if it were me ;)

JamieShoes

Veteran
top booster and bud xl are staple additives in my mix as well...although I use GH rapid start in place of rhizo as it is the closest product(results wise) to the original formula roots excelerator that I've found...Canna coco base as well... I'd go through the trouble of having the bud xl imported if it were me ;)

I bet your weed taste fkn awesome, buddy ;)

Looks like importing it is the way for now...

JamieShoes

Veteran
hehe, thanks man, never had a complaint only ever complements (*knocks wood*)... one time I even won a cup with this recipe too ..I'd hate to have to change it... :)

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Sounds like we've got things figured out ;) I've managed to add a couple of those to the collection as well...the current recipe is a conglomerate of all of the products that I've determined to work as they're supposed to, nothing more...nothing less. Sorry the state's are drying up your local supply of bud xl! I wonder if you guys still get the original formula of roots excel in the Netherlands? The new US formula is a poor product imho.

CoastalSFC

BudXL is Phytic acid

Phytic acid (inositol hexaphosphate) is the most abundant form of stored phosphorus and carbohydrates in flora. This redily bio-usable phosphorus is taken directly to the flowering portions of the plant without the need to be combined into a bio-usable form first fast tracking the plants natural metabolism.

Dkgrower

Veteran
@Jamie maby you should try some thing new and dont go through the hassel in shipping it your self, there are so many options out there and with your skills you make it work, have faith.

"House & Garden Bud-XL has a unique ability to extract sugars from the leaves of the plant and transfer them to the fruit"

What a load of bull, all plants transport sugars around..also its a really thin nutrient solution NPK wise 0.4 - 0 - 0.2 so there are no amino acids- humic acids or phosphates.. my bet is that it contains PGR in that thin thin mix of Ammonium nitrate, nitric acid and potassium hydroxide. that they list it contains.

BudXL is Phytic acid

Phytic acid (inositol hexaphosphate) is the most abundant form of stored phosphorus and carbohydrates in flora. This redily bio-usable phosphorus is taken directly to the flowering portions of the plant without the need to be combined into a bio-usable form first fast tracking the plants natural metabolism.

I was under the impression that it was opposite because plants n animals have difficulty in using phytic acid due to enzymes are needed to "lock" the phosphate up in phytic acid so they need more energy compared to free ions of phosphate, kinda the opposite to what you are saying.

Latest posts

Latest posts