What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Thanks, everyone! The congratulations means a lot. It's been a long ride of 15-16 months for this gal, but feels great to finally have an end result. A greenhouse is getting built around where she is in the ground (it's already almost halfway built done). The reaper is over 3' tall and 3' wide, just keeps growing and growing. Hoping to get 50 peppers if the greenhouse gets built in time. Just extremely happy to be able to harvest these. Big shout out to Seaf0ur for gifting me the seeds in Spring of '14.

Space Toker-
I started my reaper in a 4", to a 6", to a 3 gal, to a 5 gal, to a 20 gal, to the ground. Every time before transplant I noticed weakened growth and sure enough she was almost rootbound everytime. She sure does like her leg room. After every TP it would usually take 2-3 weeks for her to bounce back. There is still hope for yours!

15-16 months!
Makes growing cannabis sound easy!!!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Awesome job MrTea,
Burning my eyes just looking at them :laughing:

I have read many reviews that the flavor is great for such a hot pepper.....moderation

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I start my outdoor seeds in December... we have a lovely season for tropical plants in BC.

Excellent job Tea. Patience has its rewards, only in this case the reward burns for three days and makes you scared to take a shite.

Found this on IG, thought some of you may like it.

Leave%20here%20or%20else%20Ill%20lose%20this%20epic%20painting..jpg

Came home after a month in camp to find two ripe Morouga. A grand total of three for the season. Lessons for next year ie. provide adequate nutrition. Idiocy reigns supreme.

Every plant is setting pods like crazy despite the downturn in weather. Bloody plants don't realize winter is coming. Fish bone meal, oystershell and alfalfa have done them a good turn, especially as I finally got over my hesitancy with top dressing.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Picked a bunch of nice red anaheim chili's....nothing too hot compared to what u guys eat, but these are normally picked green, but I let them mature to a nice dark dark red... Super sweet, with a nice kick... ;)

I gave the wife a slice of one from the very bottom, and she was like "sweet taste, gimme some more"...so then I gave her a slice from the top containing the inner membrane....LOL QUITE a bit hotter...she was screaming for milk after about three seconds.

We are turning ours into a sweet hotsauce :)

B

Bobby SixKiller

Hi this is my hot peppers, they grow on the field the soil is mix with chicken guano and dolomit stone, yellow is probably cayenne
picture.php

:)

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
i better get a cheap dehydrator tomorrow........should have a few pods to get seeds from. not keeping the "brain strain" as i do not like the flavor but the others are great. going to order some carolina reapers seeds as the ghost peppers i harvested (3) were a hit here.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
4 frosts later......she's the only surviving plant in my veggie garden. I haven't even watered it in weeks. Keeps producing more peppers. I'm glad I kept seeds.....this is a hardy pheno

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'm not surprised a frost hasn't killed it yet... those fukers are so hot the ground around em is probably like a nuclear hot zone...

I brought mine indoors about 2 weeks ago... cut em back almost to the ground... their resting to next spring...

Betterhaff

Veteran
I had a Tepin I kept for years. Would bring it in over the winter, prune it back, keep in a south east window and water minimally.

I finally let it go as I had so many of those hot little pills I didn’t know what to do with them. It was a wonderful and hardy plant though.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I had a Tepin I kept for years. Would bring it in over the winter, prune it back, keep in a south east window and water minimally.

I finally let it go as I had so many of those hot little pills I didn’t know what to do with them. It was a wonderful and hardy plant though.

and the nice thing about bringin em in, is next spring they will start to bear fruit a month (plus) earlier then plants from seed...

as to what to do with em... dunno.. they are way tooo hot

Betterhaff

Veteran
^^^ That is true.

The Tepins were pretty hot but small, we called them rat doo doos. You can put a few in a pot of soup or stew and give it nice heat. The only problem is because of their size they are hard to fish out depending on the dish…so you really get a jolt if you happened to spoon one up. I started to tie them up in a coffee filter to be able to remove easily, kind of like a bouquet garni only with peppers.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Well.I gave away a couple dozen reapers but I saved a few for myself. These are the ones I dehydrated 1 month ago.I pulled them out to inspect for mold...no mold. This is enough to last me a lifetime.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
ate at a barbecue place in VA today that had a Virginia Ghost sauce on the table, peppers courtesy of a local farmer. it's not hot when you first eat it, but after a few bites your eyes start sweating... good stuff.

Resin23

Have been looking at the Reaper for a while now, how hot are they when dried? Like will one ruin a pot of chili? Awesome pics and plants btw everyone

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Have been looking at the Reaper for a while now, how hot are they when dried? Like will one ruin a pot of chili? Awesome pics and plants btw everyone

One dried pepper is good for 3 pots of chili....probably more. It's lava going in your body and it's lava going out.