What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

xmas bud 1979

Night4wings20

I've seen people with 79'xmas seeds recently. Someone must have released a line of it. Just FYI for anyone looking for it still

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CSI_Humbolt is selling 79 xmas bud through their website $120 for 21 beans, i just received 5 freebie seeds with my order
https://humboldtcsi.com/product/79-xmas-bud-ibl/
picture.php

Last edited:

mayorofthdesert

some of the best weed i've smoked had a heavy pine scent, this was the early 80's. of course i was usually smoking brick weed at that time so maybe it wasn't really all that.

therevverend

Veteran
Hadn't heard of this strain until today. Noticed that Pirates of the Emerald Triangle, I think they're the same breeder(s) as CSI: Humboldt, has a bunch of crosses. $80 a pack. I'll have to dig up some more info on '79 Xmas bud.
I've always wanted a ganja Xmas tree. With lots of presents from Santa with my name on them under the tree that are made out of hashish. And ornaments that are edibles or bongs or pipes or lighters.

Xmas isnt pure landrace its most definitely a affie hybrid thats been floating around longer than 79... here on the east coast you can find it everywhere, prior to legalization it was mostly sold as mids because its not homogenized, the nugs are larfy and occasionally herm, mostly due to poor breeding techniques. in Vermont you can find xmas tree bud anywhere really, its called xmas because it has a very piney flavor and grows like a mini dwarf xmas tree some phenos are nasty asf in flavor like rubber pine dirt. Its lineage could be close to pine tar kush or pakistani as they do have alot of pine varieties over near swat valley to afghanistan.

Its usually called pine bud or xmas tree bud over here in VT. I have a few hundred seeds from some old xmas brick nug I got back in the day from what i've been told by the old heads around here its been floating around since the late 60s

From the look at the photo of xmas 79 i just saw kinda looks like someone got it confused with tom hills PTK.. the xmas buds ive seen don't have that kinda pakistani morphology them, but who knows, would love to see some genetic mapping done on the lineage! ;)

Happy Times

Hadn't heard of this strain until today. Noticed that Pirates of the Emerald Triangle, I think they're the same breeder(s) as CSI: Humboldt, has a bunch of crosses. $80 a pack. I'll have to dig up some more info on '79 Xmas bud.
I've always wanted a ganja Xmas tree. With lots of presents from Santa with my name on them under the tree that are made out of hashish. And ornaments that are edibles or bongs or pipes or lighters.

Then after Christmas the tree is dried out just right too