What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

vapor

Veteran
here are my girls they are from seed bodhi gifted. This is my second time running these girls, the first time{harvest 16-26 weeks} i noticed the red stems where the shorter flowering plants and the green stems the longer girls we will see if this rings true again, they are in 9 gal of soil and in a week will go into 17-20 gal of soil for flower we will follow along flower with pictures when things start to change
You can see one girl is a freak from the start she is trying i think to grow out of it but still she is freaky, usually they grow out of it this is the longest one i have ever had stay freaky, i am looking for males and females to cross with my Liamba females. For some reason this cross seems to be calling me , The girl with the droppy leaves second row middle sings shanana shanana to me almost every time i see her, did a foliar before pictures peace

Attachments

• P1060987.jpg
    P1060987.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 65
  • P1060989.jpg
    P1060989.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 61
  • P1060993.jpg
    P1060993.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 67
  • P1060995.jpg
    P1060995.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 61
  • P1060997.jpg
    P1060997.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 62
  • P1060998.jpg
    P1060998.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 64
  • P1070003.jpg
    P1070003.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 65
  • P1070005.jpg
    P1070005.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 60
  • cfltestcab 15thrun day21f 02 plant in cab closeup01
    cfltestcab 15thrun day21f 02 plant in cab closeup01
    99.5 KB · Views: 61
  • P1070009.jpg
    P1070009.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 62

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vapor I hope not to intrude or be imposing but I;d have to say that those plants are telling you their not super happy...IMO/E it looks like most if not all are out of pH range which is limiting uptake and causing the reds and other issues..
plus Rootbound and overall quite unhappy..Large mixed lines and Sativas sometime pref a lot of foot room..and head room..and pic #8 bro that plant is almost completely dehydrated....But in order to get proper expression and profiles it would take a bit for them to acclimate and then show well..They dont seem to be acclimating well bro...
These lines can be manipulated a bit but you really cant feed them much N ant all..they will grow forever and it really takes a "feel" to get proper Lumbos to mature correctly..They can have multiple flower phases..Meaning you start by inducing..Budset starts...but then its grown a bit more and then fully flowered adding to its over all Flower time but not exactly a Strait Cycle Flower...
this is done by feeding very amount of formula that will help it progress correctly..
IME Ive used a nice not to hot mix, and only fed after the plants has got some size a 3-2-4 or even a 2-2-6 early Formula at Low to extremely low PPMs...These types will hold that N forever as do Thais...After budset is well established dont Feed N at all or it will Cause it to Flower very very long...I run a 1-4-5 to start Full bloom aprox 5-7wks in fed mildly as mentioned...After a few wks buds fill in more normally..Diet at 8-10wks is changed to a 1-5-6 or if the plant is deeper Green still then a 0-4-5 is used to start using the stored reserve of N the plant has stored..
These plants done well can prod massive buds on huge plants..But not all Indicas need a ton of food and not all Sativas are super light eaters...Lumos compared to other lines eat rather well even tho compared to Indicas hardly anything at all..
Possibly look at it as Dj once said...A Stretch Indica..which in reality only means a Mixed Sub-tropical or Mountain Jungle variety that grows between the standard forms...Im sorry for the long post and only hope it helps you to get them to full maturation..If this is to imposing just say it and I'll pull my post..just tryin to help tho and keep rollin
FOE20
The Colombian Sativas within the Breeders Choice lines all have aggressive root system growth thereby indicating a need for a larger than normal container.

A smaller pot size that 'rootbinds' the plant can help shorten the bloom time but if used the gardener should realize this as a stress vector that could encourage a hermaphroditic response in a proportion of plants. This is a first generation Tropical Sativa and should be grown with sympathy.

vapor

Veteran
They are fine and grow fine in the environment they are in 85f,15 ft ceilings 15 x 15 x 15 room yea some of them where in there pots a week or so to long not a big deal they will come out of it i had to wait for my soil to cook no biggie,I will keep posting pictures as they grow so you can watch. just dont let them get to far rootbound wise. no ph
issues just not transplanted on time cause they where growing fast plus tons of light. The red stems phenos the stems get darker as per rootbound the green pheno are not showing the red even though they are in the same sized pots till they got transplanted. thanks for the look. I just watered before i took the picture and the one droppy plant is the fastest grower she wants more room then the others{she will get it in a week 17-20 gal next cook out is cooled and ready, have to water her quicker then the others}...
I have grown these before in the same soil mix so i think they will turn out fine, the nitrogen i use is mostly fast acting so it wont be around too long. these girls do like to eat compared to other sativas and indicas i have grown. some do not but these girls watch out they like light and food and root space, my soil is 6 year old and reused all the way and balanced as per the ideal soil book i learn from thanks for the observations

Green Supreme

Veteran
Wow, so all Columbians grow the same. Good to know. I have no experience personally with Columbians, so I cannot say how they should look.

I do however have experience with Vapor's weed, for about 10 years now. As far organic weed goes, Vapors is pretty much the only I will smoke. Out here organic means burns black, tastes like crap and goes out all the time. Vapors organics are the antithesis of that. If his plants are angry, angry makes killer herbs.

Again, thanks Vapor there are not many folks growing long flowers anymore. Peace GS

I´ve grown some Lumbo Black..... preety good stuff, although I find Most of the phenotypes preety avrage dope, once in a while some true Gem coms by..... but it´s an insane choir, I´ve got some of these to go past 26 weeks, and still shoot pistils ....and wait this long for a mediocre smoke is really upsetting, but finding that special gal, makes the wait worthwhile.... Vapor, is the Black the only colombian you are growing, I´ve tried quite a few colombians, Black, Punto Rojo, Mango, la amarilla, crippie weed, Higland, lowland, and my personal favorite Santa Martha Colombian Gold.... what do you make of this strain? are you happy with it? what are your considerations? ..... thanx for the pics!

vapor

Veteran
I have grown the colombian red, the black, purple corrinta, there is another i cant recall the name atm will look through my seeds. I did see alot of just average weed in the seeds i have done. I didnt like the red at all. The black had some mediocre plants but there where some in there i really enjoyed would have liked to grow the 7 cuts i kept last time the cops chopped them down. But we have more seed so we hope to find a winner or two in the blacks i have no doubt. So far from what i have grown i like the blacks the best thanks for your input, i have not grown the santa marta. some day! peace

very nice man, I´m sure when you get a hold of some SMCG seeds, you´ll love them =) .... most of them finish under 20 weeks, and thing that really makes this girl shine, is how powerfull the flowers are, most landrace lines, have a nice high, but not as hard hitting and complex terpene profile as modern hybrids, but SMCG is awsome, and stands toe to toe with any modern hybrid in terms of flavor and potency.... although not as stable as some worked lines, and a bit finky to grow indoors, she produces top shelf bud for the experienced grower, but like the black, a little selecting is fundamental for you to find the right gal, I found my cut in a batch of 200 seeds or so....it was quite a season :D

vapor

Veteran
Update 6 weeks flower. I have 6 nice girls, 2 males and a few hermies the biggest one ended up being a herm she was a beast.So here are a few pics coming along. They where root bound when they where transplant to flower and the soil was a bit hot my back was buggered at the time and the plants suffered a bit cause of it. They seem to be chugging along... peace:dance013:

Attachments

• cb8.jpg
    cb8.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 60
  • cb7.jpg
    cb7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 61
  • cb6.jpg
    cb6.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 62
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 64
  • cb10.jpg
    cb10.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 61
  • cb11.jpg
    cb11.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 63
  • cb9.jpg
    cb9.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 57
  • cb12.jpg
    cb12.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 60
  • cb14.jpg
    cb14.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 62
  • cb17.jpg
    cb17.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 59

vapor

Veteran
very nice man, I´m sure when you get a hold of some SMCG seeds, you´ll love them =) .... most of them finish under 20 weeks, and thing that really makes this girl shine, is how powerfull the flowers are, most landrace lines, have a nice high, but not as hard hitting and complex terpene profile as modern hybrids, but SMCG is awsome, and stands toe to toe with any modern hybrid in terms of flavor and potency.... although not as stable as some worked lines, and a bit finky to grow indoors, she produces top shelf bud for the experienced grower, but like the black, a little selecting is fundamental for you to find the right gal, I found my cut in a batch of 200 seeds or so....it was quite a season :D

do you think the SMCG was worked by man thats why it is more like todays hybrids and not rope?

do you think the SMCG was worked by man thats why it is more like todays hybrids and not rope?

I dont know man..... probably, has been woked by man..... but I think it also has a genetic factor.... maybe due to colombias " micro-climates " made the SMCG develope certain potency and terpene profiles in a diferent way then other colombians... at least in my small experience I found SMCG to stand out more then other colombian lines:peacock: ....
but that just for my liking, some people like the puto rojo better...some like the verde colombiano, some like highland weed, some lowland.... and, like I´ve stated before ( maybe not in this thread) to find my special gal, I went through 200 seeds more or less out of these 200 seeds, I´d say half were males....out of the remaining 100 I´d say 80 were females.... out of these females, maybe 50 grew vigorously , with no deformaties..... out of these 50, maybe 10 were really good, 40 were avrage south american dope.... the 10 reamaining all produced significant amount of resin in the first couple of weeks, and out of the 10, I found maybe 3 or 4 plants simillar to mine, with simillar terpene profile, STRONG hitting, so my criterea to keep the mother, was simple at this point, so I just kept the better yielding plant....

and just to add, these seeds are guerrilla seeds, not fancy boutique seeds like some wee see arround, it is a line that has been grown by few families, in a remote part o Santha Martha.... these are wild genes that need selecting from a reasnable population for you to find a decent keeper.... my next project is to find a good feno from Paraguayan seeds, I´ve just got my hand on some from Pedro Juan Caballero

vapor

Veteran
lucky i dont wear fancy pants. so i am cool with the guerrilla seeds! Question could you describe the terp/smells profile you get from your smcg? Is there variation of lemon/ citrus dirt? much thanks for input i will do a update soon. Busy building soil today////congo puff puff pass....

Latest posts

Latest posts