What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing with Kool aid

N

NWestCoast

Those crisp lookin plants arent burnt. The leaves died after a straight water flush period. All the others are getting grape kool aid treatment.

These are going to get black cherry if the grape works.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
HMMM I WONDER WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN?! WILL B KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON THIS THREAD... CURRENTLY USING JUST MOLASSES, AN HAVE BEEN ADDING IT EVERY WEEK... GOT THE BREYER RABBIT BLACK STRAP, MIX ABOUT 2TBSP/GAL... ONLY ADDING IT ON ONE TABLE, SEEING IF IT ACCUALLY MAKES A DIFFRENCE!! GUESS WILL C, NICE LOOKING PLANTS MAN!

toohighmf

Veteran
Disco, don't use Gatorade bro. Way too much sodium and electrolytes. Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy??? "Brawndo has what plants crave.. It has electrolytes..." "what? Like water from the toilet??" LOL

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
lemme C

there's a packet of grape Kool-aid and a pack of papers,,,,,,,,,

naaa I'll pass.

R U HIGH?

N

NWestCoast

10 day flush smoke test.

I can taste the grape addition to the flavor. Not very strongly. No purple coloring.

I'll have the 14 day flush soon.

N

NWestCoast

I suck at taking bud pictures, this is my best ever!

* I have since taken better pictures!! haha

high4twentydays

One day back in like 2003 my buddy accidentally spilled a can of Mountain Dew Code Red which he was using for size reference directly into a 1 gal pot with a plant at roughly 30 days 12/12 in it.

Turned alllllll of the veins on the bottoms of the leaves red...but was only temporary. Bud had a slight pink tinge as well, not sure if it was from the food dye or natural to the plant.

Word,
H4

N

NWestCoast

more slightly dusty 2 week flush kool aid pot.

Still not very stong, wouldn't even taste the grape unless I was looking for it. No one has mentioned it who didn't know.

Overall, I can't recommend it unless you are looking for a subtle change to some old pot. So I guess maybe I can recommend it because I kinda enjoyed it.

I always use Flora Nectar only and water from the tap for my last week, coco ebb n flow, great results. That would work with any sweetner/molasses, brown sugar even.
Got a pal who does actually use Gatoraide in water only for his flush, great results.
best

wizberry

Soil growers can get away with more when it comes to sugar, molasses, carboload, sweeteners, etc. In soil u can do ANYTHING (within reason) of course. In hydro, that stuff will F*CK everything up, including your pumps, lines, drains, & air diffusers. The worst thing is having a bacterial bloom ... I did that once and only once, cuz it was a hella lotta work to correct the situation. For what its worth, I think flavor of smoke is enhanced by what's NOT in the bud, not what's added to it.

Check this out tho...Take 1 stick of Extra bubblegum, unwrap it, and put everything, including the wrappers in a small sealed baggie with some semi-dry weed. Leave it overnight, and remove the next day. sh*t smells unreal. But I don't do that anymore cuz buyers would get pissed when they found out it wasn't really bubblegum . Good luck with those soda pop experiments tho...maybe u guys are onto something.