What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stainless Filter Discs

Ions71

I'm looking to source 6" stainless steel filter discs, with 2 micron and 5 micron openings. Does anyone know of a US supplier that have these in this size? Paper filters are just not cutting it for our CLS system and we have some physical contaminants we would like removed. Any suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated!

dybert

I'm looking to source 6" stainless steel filter discs, with 2 micron and 5 micron openings. Does anyone know of a US supplier that have these in this size? Paper filters are just not cutting it for our CLS system and we have some physical contaminants we would like removed. Any suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated!

Its going to be a lot easier to source a filter after the reducer...

For example, my 3" column exits with a 1/2" Swagelok tube fitting, and I put a 7 micron sintered staineless filter at that point, rather than trying to put it on the 3" side.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
What about using a more common mesh size to support a 150 mm fritted disc or glass microfiber filter with or without inorganic binder. Well OK so yeah max 15 psi differential.

Ions71

Its going to be a lot easier to source a filter after the reducer...

For example, my 3" column exits with a 1/2" Swagelok tube fitting, and I put a 7 micron sintered staineless filter at that point, rather than trying to put it on the 3" side.

We've got a lot of particulate to filter and lots of fluid, so larger surface area is desired.

dybert

We've got a lot of particulate to filter and lots of fluid, so larger surface area is desired.

I run a cheap 150 Mesh viton gasket screen upstream from the sintered steel filter, I think you may be able to get away with something like that.