What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC distillate pH & buffer solutions

dongle

After doing saline washes under various pH ranges including acidic (using citric acid) with a nonpolar solvent (n-pentane) as well as a passing the pentane mobile phase through a magnesium silicate stationary phase, I'm having some issues with the processed distillate's color after distillation.

The surfaces exposed to air seem to be oxidizing and turning color quite rapidly, usually within 24-48 hours rather than the usual multiple weeks.

It was explained to me that this was due to pH issues but I have no idea how to correct the pH or even measure the pH of this non aqueous oil.

What pH am i targeting, how do i measure it, and can someone please explain how a buffer solution plays a role in all this?

duke0fdank

u might not be doing anything wrong. ive seen that 3rd pass distillate oxides much quicker than 1st pass stuff. one of the other minor ingredients seems to stabilize the thc