What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican Blue Mountain (not cbg's)

New hippydon

A few years ago i came into contact with a someone who was bringing in bud straight from jamaica. He told me that it was grown in or around albany jamaica which is near the peak of the blue mountains. He said it was the same strain that they grew back in the 70's the original long flower sativa. I cant verify what he was told but what incan tell you is, it is very sativa dominate if not pure sativa. I have yet to see any indica expression in it at all. The plant i had outdoors this year grew to about 12 1/2' tall before it started flowering and it grew another foot or two and then got too heavy to hold up its own buds and drooped down to about 10' tall. I yielded 18 oz off the one plant and it flowered for 16 weeks and statted flowering mid july. After a short cure all the buds turned a nice purple/brown color with a menthol/rotten fruit/citrus smell. The taste is very very fruity very sweet. The high is staggerinly uppy, you dont realize how high you are till you stand up and almost pass out. Its very electric weed, cerebral as all hell and when consuming higher doses can and will cause anxiety. Other than that its a wonderful example of a tropical sativa

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 67

clearheaded

Awesome man! glad u have so much enjoyment ahead of you esp after all that work!!

I got giftd some "jamaica" beans from soem "primo" stuff hopefully turns out as great!

cheers!

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi a colleague of mine who works at the university of the west indies was tasked with going throughout Jamaica and collecting all the Cannabis genetics he could to create a bank of genetics types and record genetic information , true Sativa is extremely rare on the Island i write now from Rural Jamaica and pretty much all the cannabis grown I have seen is indica and most have no idea what they are actually growing .
I have been in the Saint Marry (Albany) region the Cannabis is typical dark Brown Jamaican Herb , I would be really interested in seeing pictures of the plant growing if you had them just to satisfy my curiosity not that question you at all I will end with a Lambsbreath pheno dug out of Hybrids via selective inbreeding , I just wish I had 50,000 of the seeds .
haha soon I have them in my FB page will copy and return

New hippydon

I will pull out the pictures of the plant as it was growing and post them here for you. Yah like i said i couldnt really verify what he told me nor what he was told by anybody there as i have never been to jamaica or anywhere even close lmao. Alot of the older people i have smoke this herb tell me its very very reminiscent of the high grade jamaican herb of the 70's. I do knoa a ron of hybrid strains are being grown downt there.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Jamaica was probably the first place infected with dutch hybrids... Need that 80s Jamaican, weed had dreads

potty1

Dont they run two seasons?
Long season and short season?
Depending on what time of year it is will reflect on the predominance of indica v sativa?

New hippydon

As far as im aware some farmers do 2 seasons a long and a short the summer being the short hybrid season the winter being the sativa season. But i have never been to jamaican nor have i had the pleasure of meeting anyone who grows in jamaica to ask them about it

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm in Honduras answer they have two types. Local Trash, which I think is an excellent, even a superior smoke and high. The other is Jamaican I'm told. No one knows anything about it or the strain. Still, I'm bringing back bag seed. He said 3 per hole and 6 months to harvest so I suspect and indica hybrid. I'm having fun anyway. Woot!

One thing for sure. I'll find someone to do an indoor seed run.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Here are a couple photos of a couple plants grown from seed brought back from Jamaica last May. The seeds came from product bought in the Shettle Wood area.

One had black stems and the other green. Lots of sativa in them with a touch of indica, it seems. The high from both is an uplifting cerebral sativa type of high.
I harvested mid October after the first frost which put some color into them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts