What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vape to minimize waste?

MrBungle

it lasts for a few seconds after you exhale then its gone.... the vaped remains has its own unique scent that isn't very strong either

Old Toker

It does but the odor is lighter and a little different. Still recognizable as mj but not nearly as in your face as smoking a j.
Thank you sir!:tiphat:I have about an acre of woods between my house and the nearest neighbor....should work out just fine....regardless of which way the wind is blowing.:)

Old Toker

it lasts for a few seconds after you exhale then its gone.... the vaped remains has its own unique scent that isn't very strong either
Thank you sir!:tiphat:Hopefully if I'm vaping in the back yard....a delivery person won't be able to smell it in the front yard (other side of the house).

mayorofthdesert

Thank you sir!:tiphat:I have about an acre of woods between my house and the nearest neighbor....should work out just fine....regardless of which way the wind is blowing.:)

In that case you could have a massive vape party & nobody would be the wiser. if you do, invite me.:biggrin:

Old Toker

In that case you could have a massive vape party & nobody would be the wiser. if you do, invite me.:biggrin:
Brother.....I hope I live long enough to see the day in Florida that I can legally invite friends over for a vape party. Until then....and while I have a personal grow in my garage....I need to be very circumspect. That said.....I am willing to vape enough for both of us.:tiphat:

Egzoset

Hi again Old Toker,

...marijuana odor? Any odor?

The lack of the characteristic lit "joint" smell is what's missing in vaporizers precisely. I could vape a couple feet away from a tobacco/cannabis smoker and he wouldn't recognize a hint of anything. Maybe that would be different of a non-smoker but it's certainly not as obvious as for combustion.

The day e-Cigs manage to replicate that exact odor we all know there will be a raise in its popularity i believe. Then i'm hoping vaporizers would follow, to turn our tools into ultimate weapons of massive seduction, so the poor lost children of planet Itnoc are ultimately saved (...), m'well, eventually anyway: e.g. when rolling paper inventories have disapeared, euh... Think of it, that's better than self-poisoning doubled with heavy taxes!!

So, how about a vape with some stricking activist slogan? « Vape now and save a kid from the "harms" of "mari-caca" tomorrow!... »

Printed on shirts, hats, even shoes and skin (as tatoo)!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

MrBungle

I have done it many times.. when you vape with the volcano you inhale 40 some odd % of the available THC leaving over 50% of the available thc in the browns....

The Volcano is the only vaporizer that I have seen that will fully bake your herb but never scorch it... it is pure brown not a hint of carbon or ash, and it has also been decarbed as well.... perfect for butter.... or even powdered up and added straight to brownie batter...

don't under estimate the power of the vape browns, they are absolutely worth keeping... When I vaped a lot I had an ash tray and a browns tray, when I filled up the Browns tray I put it in a tupperware container.... when that filled up it was time to do some cooking :D

Old Toker

...don't under estimate the power of the vape browns, they are absolutely worth keeping...
Isn't this true with all vapes? Decarbed (not burnt) browns are definitely worth keeping. In addition to cannabutter ....some people put them in caps and eat them. :tiphat:

MrBungle

if it isn't producing charred browns then I dont see why not.... In my experience I just have not come across any that does it without fail like the volcano.. but I also believe that the technology is only getting better...so if the solo does the same then you are in luck :)

Old Toker

... I also believe that the technology is only getting better...so if the solo does the same then you are in luck :)
Too soon to tell. Only vaped less than 1/2 a gram so far. But it looks like a nice decarbed brown and not burnt. Although I haven't gone over 395f yet. Time will tell.

So far....I will say this about the Solo II:
1. heats up fast (less than 30 secs)
2. uses very little product
3. dead sh*t simple to use....and get good results. Actually the results might be great but I don't have anything to compare it to. That said...it works for me....so far. :tiphat:

Max Headroom

Veteran
i throw my volcano leftovers away. since i pull 3-4 bags from a relatively small load, there isn't much goodness left in the leavings.
tried to re-use it years ago but it just wasn't worth it.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i throw my volcano leftovers away. since i pull 3-4 bags from a relatively small load, there isn't much goodness left in the leavings.
tried to re-use it years ago but it just wasn't worth it.

thats what i thought ,,ive looked at leftovers under a scope and it looks like a wasteland after a nuclear blast ,,i really couldnt see any use for whats left ..

although i havent tried making butter with leftovers i was under the impression if u put crap in you'll get crap out ,,i have lots of trim that makes perfect butter so no need to use vape leftovers ..

anyone who tries it can they show pics please,,i'd like to see the colour in comparrison to bud /leaf made butter :tiphat:

MrBungle

Suit yourselves gents...

I'm sure there are folks who don't have pot coming out of their ears.. Who would be happy to know it is worth a try... in fact The results of the vaped brownies were so good for me.. I don't even bother with other edibles anymore most of the time they have zero effect

Old Toker

Clearly an individual decision. If we can agree that the vaping process does decarboxylate the weed....then the question is how much THC is remaining (if any) in the browns, and is it worth using/keeping?

I don't plan on saving an ounce of browns to find out. What I will do is take a 1/4 gram of the browns (malawi), roll it into a piece of bread....and swallow it. If it is decarbed....and if it still contains a reasonable amount of THC....I will know in an hour or so after eating it. Will try this tomorrow.

If it works for me then I will save it for cannabutter or maybe caps. I kind of like the idea of caps. Seems as though you would get the benefit of 100% of whatever THC is remaining. I think even after making cannabutter there is still some THC remaining in the stuff you discard.

For the record.... I'm not doubting any of your experiences/opinions. I just need to try it myself in order to make a decision.

While the browns don't look appetizing....how much worse can they be than some of the weird salads my wife often makes?:tiphat:

brown_thumb

Hi again Old Toker,

The lack of the characteristic lit "joint" smell is what's missing in vaporizers precisely. I could vape a couple feet away from a tobacco/cannabis smoker and he wouldn't recognize a hint of anything. Maybe that would be different of a non-smoker but it's certainly not as obvious as for combustion.

The day e-Cigs manage to replicate that exact odor we all know there will be a raise in its popularity i believe. Then i'm hoping vaporizers would follow, to turn our tools into ultimate weapons of massive seduction, so the poor lost children of planet Itnoc are ultimately saved (...), m'well, eventually anyway: e.g. when rolling paper inventories have disapeared, euh... Think of it, that's better than self-poisoning doubled with heavy taxes!!

So, how about a vape with some stricking activist slogan? « Vape now and save a kid from the "harms" of "mari-caca" tomorrow!... »

Printed on shirts, hats, even shoes and skin (as tatoo)!

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

You mean this?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohdxNesI5DU