What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this normal? leaves droop at night...

im a few weeks into veg with my bogbubbles and WYD.. they are in a C13 under 250w MH with temps around 75-80 by the leaves. i have my light running 18/6 right now.

every night a couple hours before the lights go out, the fan leaves get really droopy. the plants still look great any other time its just the fan leaves at night droop. now after they are in the dark for the 6 hours they look fine again. is this normal?

i dont think its heat stress.. my temps are 77 right where the leaves are and ive tried moving the light away from too, same thing.

my plants dont look sick or anything, just tired lol :confused: :cool:

G

My Mazar's in bloom droop when the go to sleep and then as soon as the light fires up the perk right back up.

My mother Mazar in veg doesn't do anything when it's asleep.

Your temps are right there with mine so I think your alright

Tex Kid

krashed

Some of mine do and some of mine dont. i think its just the strength of the plants stems. Doesnt mean anything bad. G/L growing....my first post yay!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that happens.

I think it's the reverse pressure caused by the water and sugars moving downward into the roots for storage. The inner workings of the plant run on a vacuum. When the sun's out, the leaves sweat water, and the pressure in the plant is negative until the roots replace that water. This negative pressure is the vacuum inside the plant.

It stands to reason that when the lights go out, that vacuum is no longer functioning, causing the leaves to look relaxed.

It's normal botany, that's all... Some plants don't show it so evidently, but it's natural nonetheless...

cc

Flowerman

LOL, I always refer to it as sleep. But yup, it's normal. The plants will actually start doing it about an hour before the light goes off, if they are on a constant schedule.

Flowerman said:
LOL, I always refer to it as sleep. But yup, it's normal. The plants will actually start doing it about an hour before the light goes off, if they are on a constant schedule.

that is EXACTLY what they are doing.... :D they're looking great