What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

JohnnyChicago

Are we living or are we surviving?

I have been vaping only, since I quit smoking 8 years ago, but after I realized last year that smoking pure Sativas is completely an another experience, I began smoking again, now almost daily, but only sativas. Hybrids and indicas I still vape 99% of the time, as they are way stronger, tastier and the quality of the high is much better when vaped.

And you know what?
I'm a much more social guy now :biggrin: Not vaping most of the time alone anymore. Enjoying smoking in public, on concerts etc, with friends, strangers, meeting new people and so on... without having to carry my electronic devices, having to care for batteries, power outlets, having to pass security checks with tem etc,

I also do a lot of cycling, and have not noticed my performances getting worse. I almost never get out of breath, even when most of my teammates are. And they do not smoke.

shithawk420

Veteran
I know it's a very difficult concept to accept, the common and even "top shelf" offerings people call good cannabis are not clean. It is definitely possible to grow excellent quality cannabis on a minimalist plant structure. I call it trichome dense cannabis. ;)
There is definitely plant tar and wax in the flowers, but not enough to cause lung function to decrease in the slightest. The only concern I would have is the ash, which is what the water bong is for.

Without awareness, there is no way to identify lacking in your quality.

Nearly 10 years ago I grew (what I thought was) excellent quality cannabis. I had never found better before, and everyone I met agreed. Living in So. Cal and producing better quality than anything I can find anywhere, street, grower, dispensary, you name it.

I was lucky enough to experience truly clean cannabis before I moved. It was only available for a short time. This cannabis made my "excellent" quality, and everything I'd seen for 20yrs before it, look like regs and worse. This was 10 years ago, and I've done the research to find out how to produce such quality.

The difference is truly amazing, and I'm trying to teach more people how. :tiphat:

Sorry but your wrong dude.you cannot defy science.smoke is NOT beneficial in large doses.
BTW my uncle was a respitory therapist for a little while and he smokes at least 8 joints a day.hes a fucking idiot

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Sorry but your wrong dude.you cannot defy science.smoke is NOT beneficial in large doses.
I often have difficulty explaining exactly what I mean, so it's probably not your fault here. I literally had my wife translate for me so my book is legible for others. lol

Ok, so where I believe we're having a disconnect here is the "smoke" part. When you grow cannabis to be specifically trichome dense and terpene/cannabinoid rich, there really isn't much of what you'd call 'smoke' in what you're inhaling.

So in a way, you're completely correct in your statement about smoke itself. The disconnect is how little smoke there is in cannabis grown specifically to be clean and also trichome dense.

I can taste and feel fabric softener oils from clothes washed or dried in double fabric softener. I can do this from at least 15 feet away, and even more when it's heavier. I assure you, there is so little 'burnt plant' in the vapor it's ridiculous. Even the exhale of the last toke of a large and tightly packed bowl tastes and smells awesome. While still having almost zero 'burnt plant' flavor to it at all.

When you experience it, you'll instantly remember this conversation. Even if it doesn't happen for years. :D

Doctors literally believe I'm lying to them about how much I smoke. It's **that** much of a difference.

Egzoset

Salutations Douglas.Curtis,

The disconnect is how little smoke there is...

It's still SMOKING aka COMBUSTING nonetheless, hence leave it to our common enemies to promote vilification doubled with confusion, failing to differentiate between a noble substance and its associated consumption method.

The habit would turn each of us into self-vilifying vectors if it only depended on bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists. But the thing is, for me a most basic requirement with "Dry Herb" cannabis is to walk "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" - which translates as my own adapted pulse-heating tool & ritual, i must admit...

:biggrin:

The cigarette/"joint" consumption method involves destroying nearly half of the goodies just to feed a (socio-)toxic fire meant to vaporize as much as possible of whatever remains despite the destruction (and accumulating contamination, by the way!)...

It only makes sense for SMOKERS to prefer ~60 % R. H., because of some temporary heat protection, just what it takes i guess. Yet this is an incompatible past now that i've switched to "Micro-Bursting" vaporism (moisture in my workload simply "cancels the show")... After all i rely on "Inlet Water" carrying an additional amount of heat away from my torch's flame corona - contrary to absorbing it. So, i figured hot exhaust gases in a cigarette/"joint" share the "Potentiator" feature of clean burning butane, that must be why it feels so right as a health-wise substitute.

Why contaminate then attempt correctives when all it takes is to match the Heat Charge and its Cannabic WorkLoad to avoid over-heating issues in pulse mode?...

Too simple & obvious maybe:

picture.php
picture.php

Think of a SlingShot or Catapult for Heat Charges that minimizes "Baking" while offering a broad-range sample, etc...

:whistling:

Good day, have fun !! :tiphat:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Drewsif would you mind sharing what kind of vaporizer that is?

I'm not sure cannabis is harmful at all. For anyone including those who may have quit tobacco and/or blunt wraps, heavy use or a high tolerance may put a bit of a load on the lungs with combustion.

As Doug says cannabis is a powerful drug and obtaining your dose with 20-30% THC flower may pose little to no risk. You hear jokes but I'm not sure too many people actually smoke 10-20 joints a day regularly; more accurately a pinner of high grade can last hours.

Having a supply of kief or rosin to use exclusively is a luxury most haven't had. Even a nice vaporizer may be an unusual sight to most cannabis users. If asked to choose a joint or a dab of live resin, full melt, sifted kif, it isn't much of a question.

Taken to the limit - or extreme - for illustrative purposes: a hypothetical cannabis flower with 80-100% THC content, "smoking" is going to approach being the same exact thing as vaping - lots of full melt bubbling under heat and adequately stoned with one rip. At the other end, smoking buds or leaves with 2-5% thc, depending on one's tolerance that may get into "smoke inhalation."

The vaporizer I have isn't perfect, there is a noticeable drying effect, but it is satisfying to feel the effects and see the toasted material left over which is devoid of resin but would be inhaled as smoke in a joint.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I am one of those few people you mentioned who smoked 10 to 20 joints a day. Especially right after I quit smoking cigarettes and I was substituting joints for cigarettes. I eventually tapered off a little but I was still smoking 3 or 4 joints with my morning coffee. Just like I did cigarettes. About a year ago I started vaping and cut combustion down to almost zero. OMG!!! What a difference.

First, my wheeze and hacking are gone. I am consuming way way less pot. Probably 1/3rd of what I was smoking.

Full melt bubble hash used to be the most wonderful tasting thing in the world to me. Now.... no way. I still smoke a joint now and then on Wednesday nights when my band plays. Just because I can smoke a joint between sets a lot easier than messing with a vape. However, recently my ArGo has even dominated that spot. I am almost 100% combustion free. Best thing that ever happened to me. The taste of vaping flowers........ nothing better.

To each his own but I am really glad I discovered vaping.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ALL bowls of cannabis flower are devoid of any cannabinoid resins after the second or third puff... period...

Sunshineinabag

May i ask you guys who just stumbled upon not standard smoking anymore!? If u have smoked herb recreationally since 1988 to this day, I have noticed a slow "buildup" if I smoke heavy or don't take a day or two off. My issue is I use herbs for pain Managment and can't stay off my feet cause I'd be broke and without an income! So I smoke daily at night after work. I'd like to find another form of Ingestion that I can get efficacy from! I tried a lozenge from the local disp that was pretty good, I enjoy smoking bubble hash ......but combusting our pulmonary system is gonna end badly eventually .........can u help me with some insight and recommendations!?

Sunshineinabag

I am one of those few people you mentioned who smoked 10 to 20 joints a day. Especially right after I quit smoking cigarettes and I was substituting joints for cigarettes. I eventually tapered off a little but I was still smoking 3 or 4 joints with my morning coffee. Just like I did cigarettes. About a year ago I started vaping and cut combustion down to almost zero. OMG!!! What a difference.

First, my wheeze and hacking are gone. I am consuming way way less pot. Probably 1/3rd of what I was smoking.

Full melt bubble hash used to be the most wonderful tasting thing in the world to me. Now.... no way. I still smoke a joint now and then on Wednesday nights when my band plays. Just because I can smoke a joint between sets a lot easier than messing with a vape. However, recently my ArGo has even dominated that spot. I am almost 100% combustion free. Best thing that ever happened to me. The taste of vaping flowers........ nothing better.

To each his own but I am really glad I discovered vaping.

Someone had mentioned to me that standard butane bic type lighters are the worst to use for cannabis. Is this true!?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I don't know why. Butane generally burns pretty clean. I would think a Zippo type lighter would be the worse. I can taste the damn lighter fluid in that style lighter. LOL

I just love vaping. I am having morning coffee and my Fury2. It's light and easy and has a mouth-pull type draw like a cigarette. Later I'll switch to the Solo which is a much bigger hit but requires a direct draw from the lungs. That's a little tough on me first thing in the morn. Then, the E-Nano goes on and stays on all day. I'll hit it when I'm in the lab or whenever. I'll rotate through the Solo, the Fury2 and the E-Nano throughout the day. Later tonight, I'll use the Motar to vape rosin.

Still enjoy a joint or a bowl of hash now and then but it gets more rare daily.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

Sunshineinabag

Fair enough, I have tried a pen vape this summer when my state legalized a bunch of out of staters came to Vermont to try to become overnight millionaires......yeah lmao didn't work out too well, ESP when they steal industrial hemp from a farm then try to sell it in Burlington as top shelf flowers! One huge reason out of staters stand out so much here.....the behaviors they exhibit lol!
The pen vape was for the standard cartridges of oil. From Cali ....have no clue other than that. I should def look into a good vape, chit I haven't talked vapes since they came out with the old school,volcanos!

Tried vaping in all kinds of vaporizers but found it limiting. Because only the THC is withdrawn, a lot of beneficial (and mostly unknown) chemicals were left behind. All strains became equally limited in their usefulness and found myself bypassing the vaporizer for the bong. Eventually gave it to a friend to try and haven't looked back since.

Egzoset

Salutations,

Religion is not science, hence lets start with observing what's the problem alike under a microscope, actually:

picture.php

This is "Dry Herb" before and after the shredding...

picture.php

So many years later the proposal of "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" manufacturers remains to shuffle ~300 mg into a black box designed to thermalize at some user-adjusted vaporizing temperature for such long periods those guys depend on tricky material selection performed early at the blueprints stage... Alternately, Pulse-Heating has been demonstrated in forensic chromatography for decades, so i'd simply guess there may be a "scientific edge" about avoiding long heating (read "Baking"), after all:

picture.php
* « Rapid heating prevents from secondary reaction and decomposition. »:scripture:

M'well, i'm quite ready to bet the legal chromatograph industry has chosen pulse-heating for a good reason while parallel experimentation via "Micro-Bursting" appears to validate this: it simply accounts for the most generous aroma/taste appreciation i can obtain from a mere ~20 mg toke, thanks to a broad-spectrum cannabinoïds release lasting seconds instead of minutes (it's actually a time-compressed event). Now here's another twist: i figured that by matching my Energy Packet to its Cannabic WorkLoad i'm essentially targeting tiny features of the Contact-Surface on a specific-enough basis, presumably discriminating between trichomes and larger vegetal structures. So, consequently, considering the trichome gland collect noble substances on a molecular basis at the site of genesis this clearly suggests a consumption method capable of promoting extraction of a precious target while rejecting plant matter quite possibly impregnated with contaminants anyway - hence yet another motivation to avoid/delay baking as much as possible. Meanwhile the manufacturers who tell us what we want or need (...) typically refocus on the valorization of a deceiving "CHEAT" effect better adapted for piss-poor mari-kéca situations IMO.

As for industrial concentrates which i expect to fail at filtering everything except noble molecules (...), it obviously translates as contaminants concentration and this is synonymous of VILIFICATION as well, now imagine SMOKING (though i'll always oppose to prohibitionism invading/attacking/negating the legal right of adult informed smokers to choose)...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
As for portables....For home use, the Solo. For on the go... the ArGo.

For a desktop, it's hard to beat a log. I use the E-Nano.

Attachments

• EnanoCover-2.jpg
    EnanoCover-2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 21

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Vapor is better than smoke. Trichomes kif etc are boiled and released as vapor well before leaf will ignite.

This method does not require sifting the crystals with a screen, tumbler, or rosin press etc. Sifted resin or pressed rosin is a better starting material than flowers.

A cool mist humidifier can alleviate some of the dryness caused by herb vaporizers.